Zoo Tycoon Paradise

Hello, and Welcome To Our Winter Paradise! We Hope You Give Us Some Feedback On Our New Skin and Features. Have a Nice Time Here at Zoo Tycoon Paradise! Smile

~sesrocker & slg (The Admins Here At ZTP)

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Zoo Tycoon Paradise

Hello, and Welcome To Our Winter Paradise! We Hope You Give Us Some Feedback On Our New Skin and Features. Have a Nice Time Here at Zoo Tycoon Paradise! Smile

~sesrocker & slg (The Admins Here At ZTP)

Zoo Tycoon Paradise

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paradise For Zoo Tycoon Fans!

+3
Okami
realprety
becuffin
7 posters

Wolf RPG

Kike
    Kike
    Special Member
    Special Member

Registration date : 2011-03-11
    Number of posts : 54
    Aries Rat
    My Pet : Owl

Wolf RPG - Page 3 Empty Re: Wolf RPG

Post by Kike March 17th 2011, 04:46

Blood looked at her siblings, Ice didn't look happy to be here and Stream knew that coming here would be a complete waste of time. Simply becuase he knew she would never go back to the abuse she suffered from when she was younger. She looked at Shadow, her eyes challenging, And Blodd had always hted being put on the spot like this. Finally she looked at Dash. She could see a mixture of emotions crossing his features; doubt, hope and saddnss. She knew he had every right to dougbt her, she would have too. They hadn't known each other for very long.
    She turned her blazing green eyes on Ice. "Wheres Bone? He normally leads invasion patrols." Ice and stream shared a look that could only say one thing. "He's dead, isn't he?" She felt hope well up inside her. hope that her murderous father was dead, though she knew the feeling was wrong. Ice stood there silently, so Blood focuse her gaze on Stream. He confirmed her thoughts.
    Relief spread through her like a forest catching on fire, warming her cold body. She was glad that the wolf who had scared her more than once was gone and never coming back. Though she still needed to know how, "How did it happen?" All Ice needed to was was one word, Hunters.
    She sat down and thoughtfully wrapped her tail around her paws. With Bone gone she would be able to live in peace with her birth pack. She thought of being able to live there without being in fear of being attacked and blaimed if something went wrong. The tought was great and she was tempted to go back, she almost did, but the thuoght of leving Dash was to strong. She loved how he accepted her for her. She'd also became good friends with Dash's younger sisters and deeply respected Shadow and her mate Cannon. But if she left she couldn't know if she would have as good a life that she did now, in Shadow's pack. After some more thinking she finally came to a decision. "I would love to go back," Ice's eyes widened with shock and she heard Dash make a whimpering sound. Shadow growled at her, but before things got to heated she continued, "but my life is here now with Dash and his family, Rose had her chance and lost me." Blood watched as Ice and srteam backed away slowly. She wanted to really know if Rose wanted her back and hoped she didn't. But she remembered a time when BRose had treated her with the love and kindness a mother should.
    Ice turned her head, those eyes, those same icy blue yes Bone had had, narrowed. It sent a shive running down her spine. She remembered those same eyes when Bone had tried to kill her. "Fine," Ice growled. "But she wont be very happy you declined her offer."Stream quietly followed Ice back home without a word. They silently disappeared into the gathering mist like ghosts.
    "But thats just it,"Blood growled to herself. "She only offered, she really doesn't want me back." She pushed her head into Dahs's growing winter coat and he licked her ears saying, "It's going to be ok with them, we'll protect you if they come here looking for a fight."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OOC: up to you what happens next with Rose and her pack Very Happy Ice can be a new character
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Registration date : 2008-11-05
    Number of posts : 184
    Aquarius Cat
    My Pet : Hippo

Post by becuffin March 17th 2011, 07:43

Shadow watched closely as the blue eyed female stepped over the invisible line that was their border as Blood said "I would love to go back." She growled a low deep warning and blue eyes met golden challengingly before backing down and shifting back. She was proud when Blood finished her sentence with "but my life is here now with Dash and his family, Rose had her chance and lost me."

She realised that her growl could have been seen to be aimed at the young red female but she was sure she would figure it out eventually or Dash would explain for her. More words were exchanged before the strangers slunk off into the woods. Here we go again... Shadow thought to herself. Out loud she asked "We need to be on guard..." As she was staring in the direction the strangers had left a familiar dark form appeared, and Shadows heart skipped a beat. She quietly noticed a smaller white shape by his side. She smelled of snow and had one brown eye and one blue. What is a snow dweller doing this far south?

---------------------------------

Dash was about to offer to go and get the rest of the pack when he noticed the distracted look on his mothers face. He turned to stare in the same direction and picked out the familiar shape of his older brother. He wagged his tail excitedly. He knew he wasn't gone for good! He also noticed the small white female by his side. "She smells like cold..." he remarked to Blood. He had never seen an arctic wolf before.

He knew that it had only been a few weeks but he could stay away no longer. He had travelled far. He knew Suka was different, she wasn't a forrest wolf like his family but he loved her just the same, and she wasn't a dog. He had travelled North, and ended up on the tundra. He had found the remnants of a pack that smelled like his mother and uncle. There were hardly any left. His uncles tyranny and his mates paranoia had all but driven the rest of the pack away. He travelled even further, across an ice bridge and onto an island. He met his very first polar bear and found it even less welcoming than its larger cousin. That was when he had met her. She had distracted the bear long enough for Ranger to get out of his reach and she had stuck by his side since.

"Mother, this is Suka..." Ranger said casually. He hoped his open invitation to return would be extended to his new mate. He waited for his mothers acceptance before stepping across the border...after a moment inspecting the pair she welcomed her son home.

"You couldn't have come back at a better time..." She said lovingly. Warmly welcoming Suka she got straight to the point... "Can you fight?"

Ranger laughed at his mother. "She saved me from a Polar Bear!" His mother looked impressed. While he and his siblings had been raised in the forrest, his mothers pack lived on the edge of the tundra, and she was well aware of the danger they posed. Its good to be home... He gave Blood a warm grin. "So you decided to stick around then?" He asked playfully. He wasn't like the old Ranger at all. He seemed much more relaxed now that he had had a small adventure of his own.

"We will have to increase patrols on this border." Shadow informed them. "Ranger and Suka will patrol with Solei and Eclipse. Apologies Suka, you will get to meet everyone shortly." She was relieved that the Arctic didn't seem offended, she seemed to sense the tension in the alpha females stance. "Dash and Blood, Arrow and Midnight." She ignored Dash's flinch. She was aware the albino could be insufferable at times, especially when out of his fathers company but she had made her mind. She wanted Samari close. She was still smaller than the rest, and Luna was absent minded. Her and Cannon could handle any drama that arose, but she trusted the others to hold their own. "Blood, how large is their pack? I don't trust the one with blue eyes..."

OOC:
    Name: Suka (Fast)
    Female - Rangers mate
    Description - smaller than the others as she is an Arctic wolf, not a grey. Pure white, black nose and odd eyes, one brown, one blue.

Last edited by becuffin on March 17th 2011, 07:50; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bumped send instead of preview -_-)
    Kike
    Kike
    Special Member
    Special Member

Aries Rat

Post by Kike March 17th 2011, 08:54

Blood was Intrigued by the white female standing beside Ranger, that she hardly heard what he said to her. "So you decided to stick around then?" He asked playfully. She met his grin with a smile of her own, "well, i could hardly leave your brother on his own, i don't now what he would do without me."
    She tunred her attention to shadow when she asked how large her birth pack was. "When i left there was Rose, Bone, Ice, Stream, one of Rose's brothers Flame, Bone had a sister and a five pups. Though I would expect the pups to be fully grown by now." Blood could just imagine the havock Rose could cause with the pack in their prime. "Bone is dead now so they wouldn't have his strength on their side. But who knows how many youngers wolves tere are. The wolf with the blue eyes is Ice. She and Stream are my siblings. Stream used to be the only wolf that stood up for me but Bone ended up putting him in is place..." She closed her eyes and shuddered as she remembered Bone almost tearing out Stream's throat. There was some much blood, it had covered the snow for a few bear lengths. Blood had thought her brother would have died and now there was an ugly scar down his neck that only his winter coat was thick enough to cover.

When Ice and Stream had returned to their pack and Rose found out Blood had turned her down, she didn't like it one bit. Ice sat tall and confident in their mothers den, while Stream flinched at almost every word she said. "If only Bone were still here, he would have killed her then and there." Rose started pacing around the den and Ice could hardly hide her amusment. Rose step toward her, her amber eyes wild. "You thinkt this is funny? You should have stood up and tore out her throat!"
    Ice sat calmly and stoke with confidence. "She had almost an entire pack surrounding her." Rose sat for a minute. "Very well then, let the pack know we will be moving out at dawn." Ice dipped her head and left the den calling her pack around her to give them the news.
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin March 18th 2011, 06:38

Shadow growled at the news. "At least 12..." She wasn't too concerned. Her children had been taught to stand their own in a fight from the day they left the den, and her and Cannon had taken on a pack by themselves. Not one this large but she knew it wouldn’t be an issue. She knew Samari would be their weakest link, but now that Ranger was back and had bought a new addition with him. She would have to put the new girls through their paces, just to be sure.

"Well they won't be back for a few hours at least. Ranger, you know what to do. Girls with me." She turned tail and walked away, not bothering to check if the two girls were following her. Disobedience now would be the death of them all.

She could hear Ranger sending Arrow to find Cannon and Solei to collect Striker. They would be running through some refresher drills with the alpha male to make sure they were in the best possible fighting condition.

She was relieved the snow would be here soon, then other packs would be more preoccupied with finding food and they could have some peace. Suka quickly joined her side and Blood wasn't far behind. When they got back to the den, Simone and her daughters were already waiting, sitting patiently. She could see the confusion on their faces when Suka entered the clearing, Samari went to run up to the new wolf and Shadow bared her teeth. She had been too relaxed with her smallest daughter and she needed to follow the rules like everyone else. She began to circle Suka without word. The smaller white wolf circled silently. Shadow realised the newest edition hadn’t yet said a word. She gave a small smile. She had the feeling that would soon be rectified. Suka lunged and Shadow darted away, managing to catch her with a nip on her hind leg. She wasn’t aiming to draw blood. Just warn. The smaller wolf spun so quickly it seemed a blur and nipped back, grazing Shadows side. She was impressed. She made up for her small size with speed, and her odd coloured eyes would be disconcerting to an unfamiliar opponent. Luna and Eclipse had paired up, two against one with Midnight who was holding her own. When Midnight nipped Eclipse, Luna switched teams. They would continue like this until their mother told them to stop.

“Luna, pair up with Suka. Midnight, Eclipse, one on one.” Next she turned to Blood. It was her turn now... She held her own which impressed the alpha. When they finally stopped, she called over Samari. The runt was clumsy and slower than her sister. She looked to Blood. “Think you can give her some tips? I have to go check on the boys...”

And with that she turned and left.

------------------------------------------------

That night they all hunted, and ate and rested. The patrols took turns monitoring the border. When they were not on Patrol the whole pack kept to the den clearing. Shadow and Cannon slept restfully, they knew they would need their sleep. It was the quiet before the storm. The sun revealed the night had been a frosty one. It wasn't yet cold enough for snow but it wasn't far off. The crisp cold air smelled of promises of snow not far off and the air felt heavy, like a storm was brewing...maybe even a blizzard.
    Kike
    Kike
    Special Member
    Special Member

Aries Rat

Post by Kike March 23rd 2011, 05:27

OCC: Sorry 'bout taking so long, had to study for some test Neutral
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Blood layed under a tree, its leaves golden and the last of them fell to the snow covered ground. She yawned quietly and stretched her sore legs, the training the day before was tirering. She had spent most of that afternoon with Samari, she hoped the young female had improved. She'd done well toward the end, but it had been a slow process. They'd eaten well that night and Blood had gone to patrol their borders once. She waited for the last patrol that had gone out to come back before waking Dash. She groomed her fur, it had started growing thicker and kept out the chills of the night.
    Blood looked up at the sound of Ranger and Suka coming home with Solei and Eclipes that their heels. She stood and flicked Dash over the nose with the tip of her tail "up you get sleepy beauty, its our turn to partol again." She watched as Dash sat up, and yawning, blinked his sleepy eyes. She tried not to laugh as she padded over to were Arrow and Midnight were sleeping and got them up without much trouble. She met up with Ranger "It's real quiet out there, so be careful."She nodded to him and licked her cold nose. They headed into the trees.

Ice padded low to the ground knowing they were close to the rival packs territory. She was sure they would win, simply because the other pack didný know when they would strike. She flicked her ears forward and spotted the grey male she'd seen when her and Stream had found Blood. She can't be far behind. She smiled to her self and settled herself behind a crumbling log.

Ranger was right. Blood thought as they walked along the invisable line that marked their border. It is quiet. Dash walked at the head of the patrol, with his younger albino brother Arrow and Midnight behind him. Blood trailed at the back of the group lost in tought.

There! Ice could see her red sister trailing behind the patrol a little and saw her chance to strike.

Blood stopped when she caught the scent of Ice being carried by the wind, and she were close. She looked around, her ears pricked, scanning the surrounding land. Her fur bristled and a growl rose in her throat. She was about to howl a warning to Dash when Ice lept from a rotting log and latched onto her throat, cutting the howl she sould feel rising there.

Once Ice latched onto her sisters throat, her pack swarmmed around them and ran after the passing patrol. Meaning to kill.
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin March 23rd 2011, 06:34

OOC: Hope your test went ok Smile Not sure whether you wanted this to be ongoing so I let most of the pack survive...

Dash caught the scent and spun around just in time to see the enemy pack launching themselves at the small patrol. Midnight sounded the alarm, Dash was grateful she responded on impulse, it wouldn't take the rest of the pack long to get there. His main concern was getting Ice off Blood. He bit one of the intruding wolves hard on the rear leg, knowing from his sister Maia just the right place to bite on the rear leg to cause the most pain. He felt muscle tear and bone snap and heard the pained yelping of his victim. The wolf was on its back in a submissive pose, begging with its eyes for Dash to let it go. The blue eyed wolf turned around and as she met Dash's eyes he shook the injured leg bringing more yelps from his obviously younger opponent. Was he imagining it or did blue eyes lessen her grip a little? He saw Blood draw in a deep breath and realised it mustn't have been his imagination. As he dropped the now harmless maimed wolf the rest of the pack reached the ambush.

-----------------------------------

Shadow was livid as she raced in the direction of her daughters howl. There was a lot of pained yelping and growling, and it wasn't at all hard to find them. The rest of the pack threw themselves into the fray, there were so many bodies it was hard to see who was on what side and she knew her family would be relying heavily on scent. She had to decide where she would be most useful before throwing herself in too. There was no point running in blind. The darker wolves were easily identifiable as members of her family. She spotted Midnight with a large gash down her side, but holding her own, even little Samari was standing her ground. Blood had done well. She spotted Ice with her death grip on Bloods throat and Dash trying to fight his way to her but being cut off at every turn. Eclipse was much closer and they weren't watching her like they were Dash. She was sneaking up behind Ice. Shadow had to trust her daughter. Cannon was doing battle with the intruders new alpha male. Her mate was younger, and had a lot of experience under his coat. She wasn't worried about him. Then she spotted the alpha female. Haughty and apparently unwilling to get her paws dirty. Shadow hunched her shoulders, her hackles up, piercing golden eyes fixed on her target. The rest of the invading pack didn't seem to dare challenge her, instead opting for wolves closer to their own size. The strange female alpha seemed oddly fixed on the unfolding situation between Ice, Blood and Dash, and didn't even notice Shadow picking up her pace and charging the smaller female. She seemed like the type of alpha that sat at her den ordering her pack around, instead of joining in the hunt and the fighting. Like a common dog. She thought to herself with a growl. She was nearly on her...

Ranger and Suka were standing next to each other facing opposite directions. One of the intruders made the mistake of taking Suka for a juvenile because of her smaller size, he would never make that mistake again, his throat ripped open, he was bleeding out all over the ground. Her beautiful white coat was stained pink with streaks of intense red where the blood had hit her more forcefully. There were now three wolves circling the pair. Ranger was about to launch himself at one of the larger males when there was a high pitched yelp and the invaders froze. So did they.

They looked to the edge of the battle where Shadow was standing with the twitching whimpering form of the enemy alpha in her mouth, almost identically to how Ice was holding Blood. Her look said more than a thousand words ever could. You're next. She watched as Ice appeared to apply more pressure to Blood's neck and at that moment Eclipse launched herself, latching onto Ice's ear and making her yelp and drop Blood as her ear tore. Blood was still breathing, if unconscious and Ice turned on the much younger Eclipse. Shadow growled and finished the alpha before throwing herself back into the fight.

The rest of the pack seemed to loose heart at the loss of their alpha female, Cannon had quickly disposed of the male before his mate had caught the female. All except Ice who continued to lunge at Eclipse. Arrow, Solie and Luna chased after the deserters, giving them a good nipping as the went. Those that needed some convincing only needed to see Shadow and Cannon coming at them, bloody teeth bared to quickly limp after the rest of their pack. Dash had raced to Blood's side and was nervously nudging her and whimpering. Shadow saw as Ice went after her daughter and pinned her to the ground. She could see that Eclipse wouldn't give up without a fight, but images of Maia and her limp flashed through the alpha females mind and she charged the blue eyed wolf, overpowering the intruder and growling in her face, teeth bared. Eventually Ice stopped squirming. Shadow still didn't know if she was going to let this wolf live or not.

Ranger surveyed the damage. Himself and Suka were fine, just a few scratches, Striker had lost a chunk out of one of his ears, just the tip like a little crescent moon. Dash had a shallow gash in his scruff, it would heal quickly, but little Eclipse had a scratch down her face, over her eye from where Ice had swiped at her with her paws. He thought her eyesight would be ok, but she would be left with a scar. Arrow had a slight limp in his front paw, but nothing to cause concern and Solei now had a crooked tail, it might straighten out or it might not. Surprisingly Samari was unscathed and so was Luna, but Midnight had a large gash down her ribs that might be a cause for concern if it became infected. Either way, she would have difficulty running until it was healed. Blood was beginning to wake up. All that was left of the invading pack was Ice, and the corpse of the unfortunate male who had mistaken Suka as a juvenile and easy target, and the lifeless forms of the two alphas. Striker growled and the sound was echoed by his siblings and mate. He wondered what the hold up was, his mother had never hesitated to kill a hostile trespasser before... He felt Suka lean against him and she quietly whimpered. He had heard that sound once before and looked at his mate worriedly. The last time he heard that noise was when his mother had overexerted herself carrying his brothers and sisters...

Last edited by becuffin on March 23rd 2011, 06:41; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : inconsistent >.>)
    Kike
    Kike
    Special Member
    Special Member

Aries Rat

Post by Kike March 24th 2011, 06:13

Ice looked into the golden eyes of the black female and smiled a little. Her own blue ones narrowed slightly almost daring the alpha "come on, finish this." She tried to laugh but ended up coughing out blood. She twisted her head to glare at Blood, knowing all to well she was remembering the time when Bone tried to take her life. She noticed the black alpha ice loosened her grip a little and she saw her chance. Thinking quickly she pushed up with her hind legs and kicked the female in the belly, throwing her a few lengths away. Without hesitation she sprang up and ran for the border and gave Blood a menacing glare over her shoulder, letting her know this wasn't over.

Blood watched Ice run out of sight as shadow stood and and shook herself. Cannon and boys looked ready to race after her but Shadow blocked their path with her tail saying "this is a battle for another day." Blood stood on shaky legs and scanned the battle field. Rose law crumpled at the far end and her new mate near her, but her breath caught when she saw Streams lifeless body laying stretched out not to far off. She stumbled over to him and pushed her nose into his now deathly cold fur and mourned him. She wouldn't leave his body for preditors to eat, so she grabed his scruff and started dragging him to the border and after some time burried him. She sat near his grave until the sun had fallen behind the trees and slowly trailed back to the pack.
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin March 26th 2011, 01:52

Suka felt genuine remorse when she saw Bloods reaction to the young male that had come at her but it was her or him and she had more to think about than just herself. There was another sharp stabbing pain in her stomach. She whimpered again and Ranger looked at her concerned.

Shadow walked up to the smaller white wolf, genuine concern on her face. She knew how scary this situation was. She shooed her son away and led the arctic back to the dens. All that could be done was to rest. Shadow was carrying pups too but she didn't feel as weighed down as last year, and with Ranger being so large and Suka being so small, there would be a greater strain on her body, even if she only had a few. Now the pack was large enough, the breeding restrictions had been lifted from her two oldest sons and brother, even if their mates were out of action, the pack was now big enough that it wouldn't cause a deadly strain.

After his mother led his mate away, Ranger decided to explain what happened to Blood. He met her on her way back to the den. "I'm sorry about your brother..." he started. He wasn't used to this sort of thing and he hadn't been overly friendly from the start. "He thought Suka was just a juvenile and well, it came down to her or him...things are done different up there. Its a much tougher place to live...she was just doing what came naturally. Its a wonder more didn't die, I remember when fathers old pack attacked, only two of them got away and that was just my parents..." He realised he wasn't helping the situation so he decided to change the subject. "So-uh...you're going to be an aunty!"

Dash was worried about Blood, he should have been paying more attention. When he saw her returning to the dens with Ranger he worried for a moment, but his brother seemed fairly upbeat about something. He raced up to Blood and checked her over. "I should have smelled her first..." he said worriedly, his ears drooping. "Are you ok?"
    Kike
    Kike
    Special Member
    Special Member

Aries Rat

Post by Kike March 26th 2011, 06:34

Blood just blinked at Ranger, her whole body felt empty and numb with grief. She pushed her head into Dashes thick winter coat "yer i'll be ok." Dash led her away and she noticed him giving Ranger a look but she didn't know what he was telling Ranger.
    The next few days parse in a blur and Blood mainly stay near the den sites. She would also visit the right where Stream was buried and hadn't yet accompanyed the pack on a govt since before the battle. But she knew the pack rules ah clear as day, he she didn't help hunt she would get last pickings. But because of the pack being so large there would only be skin and bone left. So she would often hunt rabbits, but most of them would escape down holes.
    Blood layed out in the dappled morning sun when she saw Shadow walking toward her looking agitatad. Blood pricked her ears waiting to see wait the alpha would say.
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin March 26th 2011, 07:53

Shadow left Blood alone for a few days with her own thoughts but she could see the young wolf was taking it personally, and the grieving process would need a hand to run its course. Life wasn't all good and it was time to push the point home. She had been out on patrol and was in a bad enough mood from the findings. The reduced and still injured pack seemed to have halved again, most opting to leave instead of face them again but Ice's scent was all over the border and getting closer every day. Shadow couldn't fight her battles for her. Blood would need to take down her sister on her own.

She stalked up to where the red wolf had remained for days now. She was quickly loosing condition because she wasn't hunting properly, and as a result, Dash's hunting party consisted of himself and Luna and they were missing two out of three hunts. "Get up." Shadow growled "And follow me."

She watched as the young female dragged her self up and followed her with her head and tail down. She seemed lifeless. Even when Shadow picked up the pace she kept the same demeanour. They reached the border and Shadow asked "What do you smell?" Blood looked at her questioningly and Shadow angrily replied "I smell dog. A dog, that is coming further onto my territory every day. And do you know what I see in the way that you mope and stand? A Dog. And I WILL NOT have dogs in my pack. She is after YOU. You need to pull yourself together, and show her who the better wolf is. I can't fight this battle for you." Blood had flinched at the word dog. Shadow remembered her daughters mate and all the drama he had caused. "Now it is time to hunt. And you will hunt with your party. Dash and Luna have been going hungry because they are two wolves short. You aren't just letting yourself down, you're letting them down too. Suka can't hunt because her pups cause her too much pain, Midnight can't hunt, because every time she tries her wound reopens. What is your excuse?" She hoped her message would drive home the point and the young female would lift her game. Otherwise, she might come to regret letting the red wolf join the pack in the first place.The enemies numbers dwindled but they needed to present a united front to this enemy and for that she needed every able wolf to fall in line, and Shadow had a feeling Ice wouldn't let up until she was dead, or Blood was. She wondered what had caused this animosity but didn't question it now. First she needed to get Blood on the same paw as everyone else. She knew how hard it was. She had mourned the loss of her little grey runt and her first black daughter, but there was always another job that needed doing and surviving came first.
    Kike
    Kike
    Special Member
    Special Member

Aries Rat

Post by Kike March 26th 2011, 19:50

Shadow left her sitting on the border with her own thoughts. She relised Shadow was right and that the pack had also been going hungary. She'd mourned for Stream long enough and maybe to long. Reliseing if she didn't pick up her game Shadow might chase her out. She looked over the frozen land and came to a decision, she would hunt Ice down and kill her or die trying.

The sun was at its highest point in the sky when she finally caught a strong scent of Ice. Blood spun around and saw her standing there with two unknown males. Blood wouldn't have hesitited if it wasn't for the little bundle of red fur standing next to her.
    Ice laughed and stalked forward "i bought this one along to show you Blood." She looked at the little scrap of fur again, he looked much like herself but had Ices blue eyes. She couldn' t leave him alone with Ice. A deer growl rose in her throat. Ice laugh and lunged for her but Blood jumped to one side and bit down on Ices tail and she heard bone snap. Ice yelped and turned on her aiming for her throat again but her broken tail slowed her down and Blood lept forward and her mouth closed around Ices own throat. Ice pulled away but with her throat in Bloods grip her neck snapped. Blood let Ices body fall to the ground and she stood over the pup and snarled at the males. They backed away and Blood led the pup back toward Shadows territory.
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin March 26th 2011, 20:41

Dash looked up as Blood entered the denning area. He raced to her side and noticing the blood on her fur he nervously checked her over. Suka hadn't been above ground for days. Word amongst the others was her pups had come. Shadow was denning too, if her pups hadn't come, they would soon. It was then he noticed the tiny red furball at her feet. He was still blind and wouldn't survive without milk. Dash was torn. Dare he risk it? He saw the look on bloods face and knew he had to try. He picked up the pup. It was just luck that his father was out hunting. He slowly approached his mothers den. She growled when he got too close. "Its just me. I need to talk to you." he said around the tiny bundle of fur

"Tell your father." was the short reply. He could hear peeping whines deep in the den and the pup he was carrying began to peep back at them. Shadow's head suddenly appeared in the entrance, confusion clear on her face. The pup looked like Blood. She looked to the female and asked "Is it done?" her look was enough on an answer. Shadow took the pup gently in her powerful mouth and took it down into the warmth of the den. She returned to the entrance and sat. Calling Blood and Dash over.

"Once she is old enough, she will be your responsibility. You have another little brother and sister, but we will keep with tradition and you will see them when they come above ground. Ranger informed me Suka has also had four pups. Congratulations, you are aunties and uncles. Don't tell the others yet though, it should be as much a surprise for them as it was for you when they were born." she said with a twinkle in her eye. "Does he have a name?" she asked Blood. She worried there were more pups hidden away somewhere, but she couldn't go look for herself. It would be up to Blood and Dash to go and search for them if they chose to. She headed back into the den to give the small pups the milk they needed to survive. He could only be a few days old, he wasn't much bigger than her own pups. She nudged him closer to the others. he was so cold.
    Kike
    Kike
    Special Member
    Special Member

Aries Rat

Post by Kike March 26th 2011, 21:14

Blood walked with Dash when he asked if they should go looking for any more pups, but Blood shook her head "no this is the only one i'm sure." Dash looked at her with confused eyes "how can you be so sure?" Blood sighed, males really didn't know much about having pups. "Because i know Ice. If she had more pups she would have bought them along to show them how to kill." Blood shook her fur, she finally felt free with Ice finally gone. "Come on lets go hunt."
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin March 26th 2011, 22:06

Dash was looking forward to hunting with Blood again. Him and Luna had been missing more hunts than they bought down. Luna saw they were heading out and trailed after them. She was starving.
    Kike
    Kike
    Special Member
    Special Member

Aries Rat

Post by Kike March 27th 2011, 02:02

They'd eaten well that night and Blood had almost forgotten how good it was to have a full belly. She lay with Dash in the afternoon sun and when she stretched out she could feel the slight bulge in her belly tighten. She whinced at the pain and decided it was time. Lifting her head she gave Dash a lick over the ears saying "your going to be a father."
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin March 27th 2011, 02:19

Dash was taken completely by surprise. He chased his tail excitedly. Maybe once the pups were settled the little red pup could be with them, instead of waiting until he was old enough to leave Shadows den. It would save a whole lot of hassle when Cannon got home too. Dash raced to his mothers den. She was already sitting out the front with the red pup in her mouth. "She covered it well." she said amused around the ball of fuzz in her mouth. "He's been fed so he'll be ok for a few hours. Just keep him warm..." his mother warned before disappearing back to her own pups. Dash was careful not to wake the small pup and took him to the den he and Blood had been sharing, and then he sat out the front and waited. There was nothing he could do now...
    Kike
    Kike
    Special Member
    Special Member

Aries Rat

Post by Kike March 27th 2011, 04:44

It had been a few days since Blood had told Dash that she was having his pups And she was extremly nervous. This was her first litter and she had no idea how long it would take. She had given birth to a little dark grey female and knew there was another one but it wasn't coming and she wanted someone with experience to be with her "Dash! Get Shadow!" Blood licked the little wolf while she waited for Shadow, but the pup still wasn't breathing.

Last edited by Kike on July 28th 2011, 07:05; edited 1 time in total
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin March 27th 2011, 07:27

Shadow raced after Dash. It was unusual for her to leave the den before her pups were old enough to leave the den as well but her son was in a state. She saw the small dark grey female Blood was licking wasn't breathing yet. "Dash, grab her and shake. She won't be hurt, just do it." She began nudging Blood's stomach. She could feel the hard lump that was another pup, but pushing with her nose did no good. She could see Blood was in pain and began pushing with her paws. Eventually something gave way and the pup slipped out and started whining. Dash had shaken the gunk out of the first pups nose and mouth and she had begun breathing too, and he was now giving her a thorough tongue bath and nudging her towards her mother. Shadow was unsure if there was another pup to come or not but the immediate danger had seemed to pass. She looked at her son and nodded before heading back to her own den. They were lucky Cannon had recently returned. She couldn't imagine leaving her two little fuzzballs alone or with anyone else before their eyes opened.
    Kike
    Kike
    Special Member
    Special Member

Aries Rat

Post by Kike March 27th 2011, 09:13

Blood licked her two pups and nudged them toward her belly to suckle. She had only ended up having two pups but she also had Ices one pup to care for and for her first time three was enough. Shadow had given the red male to Blood to feed now that she had milk.
    She'd named the red male Taqqiq and the dark grey female Kallik. Her second pup, another female, was white with grey patches, Blood and Dash had come up with the name Niru.
    Though Blood was worried about Taqqiq only because herself and Taqqiq were the only red coloured wolves in the pack. She hoped he wouldn't notice for awhile and just have fun being a pup.
    Dash was out hunting with Luna and another pack member and Blood finally had some time by herself. With their pups being his first as well, he was exited and wouldn't leave the den so she could sleep. She finally got him out by telling him he would need to hunt soon.
    Blood sighed and lowered her head. She could feel the pups laying on her flank as she fell into a peaceful sleep.

Last edited by Kike on March 28th 2011, 09:00; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Didn't like pups names)
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin March 27th 2011, 10:20

Suka had almost regretted choosing Ranger as a mate while she was having her pups. They were the biggest pups she had seen in her life. She had three boys and girl. The girl was almost as white as her mother, with a thin black stripe from her nose to the tip of her tail. The largest of the boys was also mostly white, with a small blanket of grey across his rump, the other was a golden honey colour, and the runt was black like his father and grandparents. They had decided to call their daughter Aniu, the large white male Nanuq, the small black male Chulyin, and the strange honey coloured male Kanosak. Ranger returned to the den with a fresh rabbit for his mate. His time among the arctic wolves had had a strong impact on him, and he thought it was important they learned of both families. He respected the smaller fierce wolves, and could already see evidence of their blood in his young. He smiled as he watched Nanuq already trying to explore the den, even with his tiny eyes shut. He was content.

----------------------------

Shadow curled protectively around her two pups. She could feel a blizzard coming on. The snow should be melting by now but it looked like the weather was going to fight to hang around. She was never really amazed at the pups she and Cannon produced, since she had been the only black pup in a predominately white pack. She looked down at the furry bundles and sighed. Arrow would probably be disappointed there were no albinos this year but in a way, Shadow was relieved. She loved her son but knew he would do much better on her old territory than this one, which was thick with trees and undergrowth. He would thrive on the open tundra.

They were almost identical, their grey coats shot through with patches of russet red. Shadow was almost at a loss when she and Cannon were thinking of names. They settled on Bayak for the boy and Naira for their girl. The alphas settled down for the night. It was going to be a gusty one.
    Kike
    Kike
    Special Member
    Special Member

Aries Rat

Post by Kike March 27th 2011, 15:22

Blood curled protectively around her new borns, with Dash curled next to her. She knew there would be a blizzard soon and she was glad to not have given birth now. The howling wind and her pups whining kept her awake for most of the night.
    By morning she was exhausted, the blizzard had died down and her pups were quiet and she finally got some sleep.
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin March 30th 2011, 20:02

(OOC: Ok, jumping forward a few weeks.)

Shadow emerged from the den and was faced with the anxious and curious faces of the rest of the pack, minus Suka and Blood. She gave Ranger and Dash a knowing smile as they looked amusedly at their younger siblings. Samari whined in anticipation and bowed down playfully. She could obviously hardly contain her excitement. Bayak wobbled out first to sighs and awws from his bigger sisters but Naira wasn't far behind. They were almost identical. Shadow looked over to Sukas den in time to see her also emerging with four pups slightly smaller than her own or she imagined Bloods, directly under her feet. The two white pups, Aniu and Nanuq seemed to be sticking close together while Chulyin was more adventurous and pranced playfully up to Bayak and Naira. Kanosak was an oddity. Shadow had only seen one honey coloured wolf before but as his grandmother she loved him as much as all the others. Now they were just waiting on Blood.

Sukas eyes widened at the sight of Shadows pups. She had thought hers were ridiculously large, but apparently she was mistaken. She was initially worried these larger pups might try to push her own around but after watching the way her pups were playing with Shadows her concerns were squashed. If anything she was worried they might be too boisterous for the rest...
    Kike
    Kike
    Special Member
    Special Member

Aries Rat

Post by Kike March 31st 2011, 04:01

Blood sat at the entrance of the den she and Dash were sharing. Spring had finally come and the warmer weather had melted most of the snow. Kallik and Niru stepped cautiously into the morning sun, blinking their eyes against the light. When they caught sight of Suka and Shadows pups their tails began to wag. Taqqiq on the other hand just rushed straight out and ran for their pups, with his tongue lollying out of the side of his mouth. Blood jumped after him and reached for his tail. Pulling him back she mumbled through a mouth full of tail "thats not how your father told you to behave."
    Blood met Dashs eyes and he just shrugged, she sighed and let him go. She nudged her two daughters toward the rest of the pack. She padded after them and sat beside Dash.
    Shadows two pups looked unusual to her, she had never seen wolves with grey and red patched fur. Sukas four pups were just a little smaller than her own but they were still large enough to have given her alot of pain at birth.
    Taqqiq ran playfully ur to Chulyin and jumped on him. Blood held her breath and waited for Sukas reaction, but her son only wriggled out from under taqqiq and started chewing on his ears.
    Dash leaned over, amusement lighting his features "you can breathe now." Blood looked at him and flicked him over the head with her tail. She looked on as all the pups played or met their family.
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin April 1st 2011, 04:04

Shadow was content as her pups and grandpups climbed all over her and played while their parents were out hunting. There were so many this year! She heard a movement outside of the clearing and growled a warning. The pups obediently ran below ground and into the den, some a little quicker than others. She looked around, trying to pinpoint the sound. A large brown bear lumbered into the clearing, obviously hungry after just waking up from hibernation. She growled a warning and the bear looked at her, it was younger and smaller than some of the others she had faced in the past, but it didn't run away. She stiffly stalked up to the bear, teeth bared, trying to make herself look as big as possible. The bear slowly backed up, looking confused and still half asleep. Shadow lunged and the bear turned and ran. She huffed and wandered back to the den, laying across the entrance. When the pups tried to come out again she growled another warning. She wasn't sure how far the bear had run but didn't dare investigate until the others got back.
    Kike
    Kike
    Special Member
    Special Member

Aries Rat

Post by Kike April 1st 2011, 09:53

As Blood wondered back to the dening area she noticed the scent of a male grizzly. Her fur trip and she raced back. When she entered the clearing she saw all the pups hanging restlessly around Shadows den, with the alpha laying in front of them. When taqqiq caught sight of her he ran over to her, along with Kallik and Niru. She trotted over and covered them with licks. Sukas pups also did the same when they caught sight of her as she followed Blood into the clearing.
    Blood stood and stepped over her pups, heading towards Shadow. She felt uneasy with a bear so close "was that a male grizzly nearby?" She couldn't stand the thought of the bear killing one of her own or even Shadows or Sukas. She sat down nervously and scanned the surrounding trees.
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin April 2nd 2011, 00:15

"Only a young one..." she said quietly. "If you don't mind taking over watching these ones, myself and Suka will go and make sure he is well and truly gone."

She stood up, Bayak and Naira went to follow her and she growled, sending the twins skittering back to Blood.

They didn't have to go far. He was making short work of a berry bush not far from the den. Cannon, Ranger and Dash had joined there after hearing from Blood where they had gone. The wolves formed a loose semi-circle and advanced on the bear. Having already had a run in with Shadow he didn't put up much of a fight, allowing himself to be herded out of the packs territory.
    MollyLuver123
    People Who Just Plain Rule!

Registration date : 2011-04-13
    Number of posts : 19
    Virgo Tiger
    Power : Wolf RPG - Page 3 Default1
    Intelligence : Wolf RPG - Page 3 Default1

Post by MollyLuver123 April 13th 2011, 16:34

hi guys Smile

Name: Feather
    Color: light brown with blue eyes as blue as the ocean(in tropical areas); has white "socks" that stretch up to her belly

Name: Falcon
    Color: looks like his sister(Feather)except darker brown and with green eyes

Last edited by MollyLuver123 on April 15th 2011, 13:27; edited 2 times in total
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin April 15th 2011, 08:24

Shadow was anxious to return to the den and her pups, but not so anxious she missed the strange scent of at least two wolves about the age of her previous litter of pups. She growled low. If these are more of Ice's lackeys...

She saw the two brown juveniles ahead. They didn't look to be Ice's followers but they were still closer to the den unattended than she would like. She would send Solei, her burlier almost black son and Samari, the runt who was turning bluer-grey with the change of the seasons, to assess the strangers. She knew the others would want to go too, but six juveniles may be a little excessive. Especially if her albino son Arrow was leading them. They could almost be a pack of their own. She slipped away unnoticed by the young wolves and returned to the den to dispatch her children.

------------------------

Solei was ecstatic that his mother had chosen him over Arrow to go and meet the strangers near Rangers old den, but he was hiding it well, presenting an image of 'all business'. Ranger had moved closer to the rest of the pack when he came back with Suka. He knew Samari would also be excited and he knew his mother was rewarding her for working so hard to hold her own in the battle they had had with Blood's old pack. Arrow seemed unphased but he knew it would be eating his brother up inside, but he would also see their mothers logic. That was Arrow all over. Calculating and logical. There were no shades of grey. It was hard to have fun with someone so uptight.

As soon as they were out of sight, the two juveniles began to playfully bound towards the last place the strangers were sighted. As they got closer they slowed down and approached quietly. They seemed harmless enough. Best to present a friendly front... the pair had decided. They entered the small clearing soundlessly, startling the pair. "Are you lost?" Samari asked playfully. Solei tried to keep a straight face but failed, a friendly wolfish grin slowly spreading across his face. "Where's your pack?"
    MollyLuver123

Virgo Tiger

Post by MollyLuver123 April 15th 2011, 13:57

Falcon jumped and accidently collided with his little sister. "Sorry," He mumbled. Feather gazed at the two juvenile wolves who were close to their own size. "We're not lost," Falcon said quietly, knowing that it was a lie, "and our pack's dead. Killed by the vermin called humans who aren't fit to walk on this planet. They weren't even doing anything to the stupid humans. The people just shot their metal sticks and killed Mom and Dad."

Falcon noticed Feather's eyes welling up with tears and he licked her just below her eye. She smiled weakly. Feather was quiet most of the time, enduring her suffering by herself. She never asked for anything, so Falcon had to read her body language. Feather used to be a rambunctious young female, but after the humans killed Falcon and Feather's parents, she stopped talking unless she had to. Falcon hoped she would return to normal, but so far he was hoping in vain. "Are we, uh, in your territory?" Falcon asked, suddenly embarrassed that he hadn't smelled any scent markers. This had to be the land of a pack.

He had been caught up in trying to get Feather to talk. He hadn't stopped to sniff the air or anything. Feather was most important, more important than anything else. Falcon had put his precious little sister in danger by caring...How had he done that...?

------------------------------------

Feather knew her brother was feeling guilty for not smelling the air or the landscape. It wasn't his fault, so why was he acting like it was? "Falcon, it's not your fault. Stop acting like it is. Okay?" Falcon had a sudden look on his face--one of sheer joy. Feather knew what his answer would be before he even opened his mouth.

"Okay." Feather smiled. Then she looked at the two juveniles. The female was a little larger than herself, and the male was about Falcon's size. Feather half-smiled at the juveniles, trying to appear as friendly as she could in the situation, but not having to speak. She hated talking. It was because she wouldn't stop barking and practicing her growls that her mom and dad were dead.

Feather, River, and Harmony walked along the stream. River, Feather and Falcon's dad, and Harmony, their mom, were instructing their runt pup how to hunt. She hadn't done well on the hunting trip, unlike her accomplished brother, who was being babysat by the Betas and one Omega. "Now Feather, show me your growl. Growl for me," River said. Feather complied, but the growl was a squeaky noise. River sighed. "All right stop." Feather did stop. Harmony and River walked a little ways away after telling their daughter to stay put and not make a sound. Feather overheard their conversation.

"She needs to improve that growl River," Harmony said. Feather drooped her head. She was bad. She knew it. Feather wouldn't ever be a good hunter like Falcon.

"I know Harmony, and she's trying." Feather decided she would practice right then. Maybe even be a smidgen better when her parents resumed the lesson. She started to growl softly. It was still squeaky. In frustration, Feather started to bark and howl. Harmony yelled at Feather to stop howling and barking. The little pup didn't obey. That's when the shots rang out. First River fell onto his side. Then Harmony.

Feather shuddered visibly.
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin April 16th 2011, 04:15

Solei sighed. He should have know the girls would find a way to follow regardless of what their mother had said. "C'mon out, I know you're there..." he said exasperated. Eclipse, the dark grey female strolled out of the tree line casually, black Midnight and lighter grey Luna tumbling out behind her with albino Arrow bringing up the rear. "These are our siblings. Come back to the den, we'll introduce you to the rest of the pack and get you fed..." he added as an after thought. They looked hungry.

Shadow had decided to let her two pups out. Their brothers and sisters would assess the threat and act appropriately. She was also looking after Suka's pups while she went for a run with Ranger. She wasn't unaccustomed to looking after six pups, after her last litter and enjoyed the time to just sit around the dens and relax as the pups wrestled and climbed all over her. She didn't tense when her juveniles returned with two new wolves in tow. She was getting mellower now she had such a large pack. Very little could be seen as a threat when there were at least 12 other fighting age wolves to back you up. Blood was also above ground with her pups. She seemed a little more tense than she needed to be but she was family now and the others would back her up as quickly as they would back up Shadow.

She yawned and stood up, pups sliding off her back and landing in the dirt. "There is a fresh kill up on the hill..." She said casually to her juveniles. "I am Shadow, my mate Cannon is out patrolling. Don't do anything to threaten my family and you can stay as long as you like..." She stretched, her muscles rippling under her glossy black coat and strolled over to the stream for a drink. Solei and Arrow seemed to be eyeing each other suspiciously and the girls were giggling and whispering amongst themselves. She rolled her eyes. New blood was good blood...
    MollyLuver123

Virgo Tiger

Post by MollyLuver123 April 16th 2011, 15:38

Falcon's stomach grumbled in anticipation at the mention of food. He glanced at Feather who he saw was gazing in the direction of the albino. On her face was an intrigued expression. Falcon followed the wolves. They seemed friendly enough.

They talked with the Alpha female, Shadow. Falcon tensed when she said, "Don't do anything to threaten my family and you can stay as long as you like..." He was unbelieving. Falcon wouldn't do a thing like that--threatening another pack was low on his list of things to do.

Falcon looked Shadow straight in the eye and replied sharply, "Who said anything about staying?" The dark brown male saw from his sister's bewildered expression that she wasn't pleased from his answer. Typical.

Falcon was one who hardly made friendships with any other wolf. It was better to stay distant from other wolves. Like a rogue. He had to move on often because it was his lifestyle.
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin April 21st 2011, 18:22

Shadow's lips twitched in a barely visible grin when she noticed the horrified looks on her four older daughters faces out of the corner of her eye as she was drinking. She was composed again before she responded calmly "As I said, as long as you like."

Arrow watched the young pair closely. He was less trusting than his stocky black brother but he decided Solei had made the right call. He was nearly as tall as Ranger now, and would probably grow to rival his father in hight if not muscle. His pink eyes were disconcerting to some, but this pair didn't seem to care. The light brown female was pretty, with her blue eyes and white socks, he had never seen anything like her before...

Solei watched his brother watch Feather with narrow eyes. "Lets go eat!" he quickly cut in and took off at high speed to where the kill was. Eclipse wasn't far behind. The scratch over her eye had turned into a small but distinctive scar. He kinda liked it. He knew his brother couldn't resist a race, and it seemed to shake him from his daydreaming. Solei was disgruntled. This could get complicated.

Samari the runt, bought up the rear of the pack with her other grey sister Luna, they weren't really hungry, but were coming along out of curiosity about the new pair. "You're changing colour..." Luna commented. It was true. As her winter coat was shedding she had taken on a deeper bluish grey than her sister. It wasn't uncommon for wolves coats to change with the seasons though. In Summer, their mothers coat took on a brownish tinge on the tips of her fur in the sun.

She watched the new wolves closely. "So whaddaya think it'll take to make them stay?" she asked Luna. Her sister gave her a knowing smile, which quickly turned to a frown when she saw the way Midnight and Eclipse were prancing exaggeratedly "Just look at that pair..." she said with a disgusted snort, "They'll run away for sure with that carry on. The boys about ready to kill each other, not that thats new, but they don't know that, and those two acting like fawns..." Samari was the quite one, but she liked these two new wolves. It would be nice to have someone other than her siblings to hang out and hunt with for a change. They had finally reached the kill and the two sisters sat, while Midnight and Eclipse began to wrestle. Arrow disappeared into the trees, who knew what he was up to. Probably off to speak to their father, no doubt attempting to get Solei into some sort of trouble...
    MollyLuver123

Virgo Tiger

Post by MollyLuver123 April 22nd 2011, 13:33

Falcon didn't really care that the two darkest females were trying to impress him. He glanced at Samari and smiled slightly at her. Then, embarrassed, he ducked his head back into the kill. Although he didn't really care for Midnight and Eclipse, Falcon had to admit their sister was quite pretty. What could he do to impress her? He'd have to think up some scheme. Feather caught him staring off into space and nudged him. "I know you like Samari," She whispered so quietly that he had to strain his ears to hear. Falcon heard the amused sound in her voice and he grinned lopsidedly.

"It's true, but if you tell her..."

"Yeah, yeah," Feather said. She tore off another chunk of meat and swallowed it. When they were both finished, Falcon sat a little ways away from the others. Feather came over. "Why were you so rude to the alpha female, Fal?"

"I don't know. I just don't want to...you know, get hurt again like that one female did. I'm really not sorry for it either," Falcon said softly. Feather leaned into him.

"I know. Mom and Dad," Feather's eyes started to fill with clear diamond-like tears as she spoke, "always said to be honest and to respect your elders, but it's hard. It really is."

"Aw, Feather, you're the good pup. You always have been."

"No, no I haven't. You don't know how Mom and Dad really died, do you?" Feather asked. Falcon shuddered.

"They were shot--"

"And it's my fault," Feather interrupted. "I don't want to talk about it." Falcon licked her right below her eye.

"Sis, it's not your fault." Feather didn't respond and Falcon knew she wasn't going to speak again, at least for a while. "Feath. Please, don't lapse into your untalkative phase. Please." Feather sighed. An awkward silence passed between the siblings.

"Fine, I'll talk as much as I have to. Just don't expect me to be too loud or anything," Feather finally said. Falcon was overjoyed.

"Never, Sis," He said. "Hey, mind if I leave you here for a little while? I want to go--"

"Talk to Samari?" Feather finished. Falcon was amused at how much his little sister knew. "Fine with me." The brown male aimlessly walked up to Samari.

"Uh, hi, Samari," He said, nervously shifting from paw to paw.

---------------------------

Feather sneaked a peek at Solei through her eyelashes. She hoped he didn't see her looking. The little female glanced at Falcon talking to Samari and grinned slightly. Feather laid down on the soft grass and just looked at all the commotion. She finally looked at Solei again. He was quite handsome with his dark fur. Feather also thought that Arrow was handsome and unique. She'd never seen an albino wolf, he was the first, and she thought Arrow was interesting. Solei was too. Feather sighed. Life was so complicated...
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin April 23rd 2011, 06:28

Samari grinned from ear to ear when Falcon blew off her darker sisters to come and speak to her. They were glaring at her across the short distance from where they were attempting to fluff their fur. "Hi..." she responded squeakily, then shook her head in embarrassment and repeated more calmly "Hi. Would you like me to show you around?" She added hopefully. It looked like Solei had worked up the courage to make the same offer to Feather...
    MollyLuver123

Virgo Tiger

Post by MollyLuver123 April 23rd 2011, 14:42

"Y-yes!" Falcon said, not believing his luck. He glanced at his sister, saw that Solei was talking with her, and knew she'd be okay. "Any-anything to, uh, be with...you..." Falcon whispered quietly. He caught Eclipse's eye as she continued to glare at Samari. Falcon bared his teeth at her to let the darker sister know he wasn't interested.

-------------------------------

"Sure," Feather said. "That'd be fun." What Feather didn't say was how she thought Solei was handsome. She didn't say she liked him, after all, she was less bold than Falcon. Feather grinned slightly at Solei.
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin April 23rd 2011, 20:04

Solei had indicated with his tail which direction he was going, down hill, so Samari decided to go the opposite direction. They would probably pass about half way around. She playfully raced up hill and when Falcon looked shocked she replied "Well?" maybe they weren't used to playing, so she recited by heart "Respect your elders. Teach the young. Work with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in-between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark." she giggled to break the seriousness of the situation and said "Race you to the top?" she had already decided to let him win until she saw how quickly he moved, then even when she was trying he still beat her. The view from the top of the hill was her favourite in all of their territory. "That clearing down there, is the dens. That river is our border..." It swept around in a huge arch, "right to where that big rock is, across to that meadow, thats the best place for elk...and back to the river..." It was a pretty expansive territory but they had a lot of wolves to feed. She sat, enjoying the view and the company.

The wind blew, scented heavily with the promise of rain and she scanned the horizon. "Its going to be a wet one tonight...I share a den with Solei, but you and your sister are welcome, it's huge because we dug it out more as soon as we got in there." she smiled remembering the day their mother had said "Out!" Arrow wanted a den to himself and Midnight, Eclipse and Luna wanted to share the biggest den, so to spite them, the brother and sister had dug theirs out further, making theirs the largest after the mothers dens. She loved to lay there and stare at the patterns the tree roots made on her roof. They were under a fir tree, so even when it snowed, the tree still had leaves to shelter the entrance from snow blowing in.

Solei didn't want to seem pompous like his brother so he kept casual as they strolled down to the river. They chatted about nothing in particular. How bad the winter had been and how it was crazy being surrounded by so many pups. He took her on a full tour of the border before heading back to the dens. He didn't want to seem nosey but he wanted to know more about her. "So, uh, did you have any other siblings besides Falcon?" There was a rumbling off in the distance. There was a storm coming. "C'mon..." he quickly changed the topic as he picked up pace. "You can hang out in my den until the rain passes. I'll bet thats where Samari and Falcon are...
    MollyLuver123

Virgo Tiger

Post by MollyLuver123 April 23rd 2011, 20:25

Feather smiled. "Okay. And to answer your question, I have a sister, Lizebeth--we call her Lizzy--but she has a mate and we're not close. So me and Falcon left and Lizzy stayed with Caper," Feather said lightly. She didn't mind that Lizzy and Caper had wanted their own pack. "Race you!" Feather shouted as she took off toward the dens. She, like Falcon, was fast. But since this was Solei's territory, he probably knew all sorts of shortcuts.

--------------------------

Falcon liked this den. It was quite roomy and the fir tree promised shelter. "So..." Falcon said, not sure of what to talk about. He wasn't the best conversation starter, especially with a wolf he liked. "I saw this smaller white wolf when you were giving me the grand tour...Was she an arctic wolf?" Falcon asked.
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin April 23rd 2011, 20:53

Samari smiled "Yeah, thats my brother Rangers mate, Suka. He went away for a while then came back with her. Apparently she saved him from a polar bear! Four of the pups are there, Ainu, Chulyin, Kanosak and Nanuq, they'll probably be shorties too but don't be fooled by her size. I saw her tear another wolfs throat out for mistaking her for a juvenile once. Blood, the red wolf, her old pack decided they wanted her back or dead so there was a huge fight... but Ice, the one that was causing all the dramas is dead now, and Dash, my other big brother, and Blood adopted Ice's pup Taqqiq, and their raising him with their pups Kallik and Niru..." It was a lot for him to wrap his head around so she decided to finish up with her little brother and sister. "And the brown and grey twins, are my little brother and sister, Bayak and Naira..." He looked confused and she giggled. Just then, Feather and Solei burst into the den. They were soaked. Solei deliberately shook himself close enough to Samari to get her wet. "Sol!" she growled before playfully tackling her brother, and pinning him on his back "I told you if you ever did that again..." she remembered they had company and looked him in the eye "I'll get you back...you know I will!"

Solie had enjoyed their race. He wasn't the fastest wolf in the pack but he was probably the strongest. He managed to keep Feather in his sights though and yelled out if she was getting off course. The sky had opened up and they were both quickly drenched. He strolled over to his sister and shook his wet fur out. She retaliated in the expected way and all he could do was laugh. He could easily throw her off but she was his littlest sister and he was too protective of her to risk accidentally hurting her. Once she was off him he sat back up. "I thought we'd find you two here..." he looked to Falcon, "She hates getting wet."
    MollyLuver123

Virgo Tiger

Post by MollyLuver123 April 23rd 2011, 21:31

"Like a cat," Falcon laughed. "I'll keep that in mind..." Falcon saw Feather's face. She was looking as if she was trying to hold back a laugh. Falcon had warmed up from the time he'd arrived with Feather. He was now feeling sorry for mouthing off Shadow...

OOC: Grr...Extreme writer's block XD I'll probably do better tomorrow Smile
    Kike
    Kike
    Special Member
    Special Member

Aries Rat

Post by Kike April 27th 2011, 09:11

OOC: sorry haven't been on in a while been camping down south Very Happy

Blood found it funny the way all the younger wolves in the pack were trying to impress the two new wolves. She was still suprised to the way Shadow let so many wolves join the pack but never questioned it.
    Her sisters pup Taqqiq had nearly doubled in size and was now towering her own pups. His red coat had took on more of a greyish tinge and his trouble make abilitys had started to show.
    Blood was hunting with Dash and some of his younger siblings along with Falcon and Feather. They'd singled out a young female when Taqqiq had decided he wanted to join in and ended up chasing away the herd. Blood would often find him trailing behind Cannon a few times and causing trouble with him.
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin April 28th 2011, 04:42

Shadow had been keeping an eye on the newest additions, and they seemed to be settling in well, and she knew that Samari was completely smitten. Solei was trying to keep it cool in front of his mother but she knew the same could be said for him. Arrow had his nose out of joint and she had the feeling he would follow in Rangers footsteps the following winter and leave to find a mate. She was proud of how far she and Cannon had come, considering they had started as two lone wolves. She decided to patrol the border with Cannon, like old times when suddenly she yelped and spun to bit at the pink furry bug that was attacking her rear. She was getting sleepy, and could hear Cannon putting up a similar struggle. She stumbled and everything went black.

Samari was loosing patience with the little red pup. He was far too young to be harassing them on hunts yet. Summer wasn't even here, and the pups wouldn't be learning to hunt until autumn. She was going to tear strips off the babysitter, she vented her anger to Luna who backed her up, convincing her further that her building anger was an acceptable response. She stalked back to the dens and when she saw her sister was dozing, tackled Midnight, pinning her on her back and snarling at Eclipse when she tried to intervene. "You were SUPPOSED to be WATCHING THE PUPS!" She practically screamed in her sisters face. "What if one of them had been hurt? What if it was Bayak or Naira that wandered off? How do you think mother would react?" her sister looked terrified. She huffed and stalked away, dropping to the ground facing away from the other wolves. They would probably think she was crazy after her outburst...

Shadows eyes fluttered open. Her leg hurt, and smelled and tasted funny. She stood on wobbly legs and shook. There was something rubbing on her neck. She panicked and stood up on her rear legs, using both of her front paws to try and push it over her ears. It wouldn't budge. Cannon was a short distance away, and he was also coming to. She saw the large white thing around his neck and decided it must be similar to her own. At least they were still at home. She continued to struggle with the weight around her neck. She felt like she was being suffocate. She growled low and raced back to the den. She had identified the strange smell. She smelled like humans.
    Kike
    Kike
    Special Member
    Special Member

Aries Rat

Post by Kike April 29th 2011, 05:15

Blood jumped up and ran over to Shadow as she came running back to the dens. She wrinkled her nose to the horrid smell 'What happened? You were gone so long? Wheres Cannon? Are you oka-?' She couldn't help the flow of questions that seemed to come out of her mouth but stopped when she noticed the large round thing on her neck. Her eyes widened in shock. N-No, they can't be. She'd seen these things before on alphas from other packs and it mean't one thing. Humans.
    She took a step back from Shadow and her gaze flicked to where Cannon had followed Shadow to the denning area. He had one identical to hers. Taqqiq playfully bounded up to his aunt and looked up at her with big round eyes 'Whats that thing on your neck? And whats that smell?'
    MollyLuver123

Virgo Tiger

Post by MollyLuver123 April 29th 2011, 17:44

Feather walked around a little before she felt something prick her hindquarters. She snarled and tried to pry it from her body, but it was just out of reach. Feather stumbled like a drunkard. Her body crumbled to the floor and drowsiness overtook her. Before she lapsed into darkness, the juvenile heard her brother whimper as he discovered her on the ground. Falcon licked her ear. "Feather? Feather, answer me!" Falcon cried. Feather felt helpless while trying to wrench her eyes open. Feather could hear her brother's cries. She heard a gunshot, a yelp, and running wolf feet. She could tell that Falcon wasn't shot, he was just getting away.

Falcon watched helplessly as the humans with the metal sticks dragged his beloved little sister away. She was dead. He wouldn't ever return here...not if he could help it. It already held too many memories for Falcon to bear. The male juvenile raced off into the trees.

Feather woke up in a small, dark, damp cage. She howled mournfully. "Help me!" Was there any other wolf nearby who was able to help her? Feather couldn't tell. And she couldn't sniff through the box. "Help!" There was barely enough room for Feather to turn around. She listened, but heard nothing out of the unusual. Just birds, wind, and...a truck? Feather thought she heard wheels.

"So where are the other wolves, PJ?" A gruff voice asked. A man's voice. Feather howled again.
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin April 29th 2011, 22:45

Solei was enjoying a sun bath when his distressed sister raced up to him. "Solei, it's Feather and Falcon, they're gone!" He suddenly sat up alert and looked at his sister questioningly. "I was looking for them...I could see them just ahead...there were humans, they took Feather and Falcon ran away!" she cried. "I can't go after him alone..." Solei growled. Ever since his parents got those things around their necks, they couldn't get rid of the smell of humans. It was scaring the game away and his mother wouldn't stop scratching. She had scratched a wound into her neck. He was worried enough about her without them breaking up their pack.

As much as he hated to admit it, he would need Arrow's help. As if on cue, his albino brother emerged from the treelike, and sat casually. Clearly he hadn't heard what had happened. "You will need to get Luna to help you track Falcon..." he said to his sister heavy heartedly. "He probably thinks she's dead, but remember mother and father woke up... and Luna has the best nose after Suka... and we can't ask her to leave the pups." Even though the pups were now eating solids, who knew what drama would await them? "Arrow, brother, I need to ask a favour." it tore him apart to ask it. "Feather was shot and taken by the humans..." his brother growled at him as if it were his fault, he wasn't with them... but I should have been... he was ashamed. "We need to find her." he finished quietly.

Arrow was sick of their stench, sick of their interference, he wanted to rip their throats open, and now they were trying to break up the pack? "I will go with you, but for her, not for you." he said matter of factly. Ever since Feather had come and chosen his brother over him it had been no secret there was no love lost between them. He watched as Samari had already gone to fetch Luna. "We are wasting time brother." he growled as he raced after Samari, she would need to show them where to start.

Samari was close to panic. What if he never came back? Luna was more than happy to help. She was glad she didn't have to ask Midnight or Eclipse. The two had been horrible to her since Falcon had blown them off. Her brothers quickly caught up and the little band headed to the last place the brother and sister were seen. The girls quickly caught Falcon's scent and raced after it, leaving the boys to puzzle over Feather's.

He could smell where she had been dragged, and the smokey sweaty smell of the humans who took her, but then they both disappeared and a new scent took over, one they had never smelled. They had never left their own territory, and knew of very few of their kin who had since before Uncle Striker met up with Mother and Father. There was Simone of course, and Blood and Ranger and Suka. They would soon be joining this tiny group...

They decided the strange smell must be what took them away and they proceeded to follow it, Solei with his nose to the ground and Arrow keeping watch. They would find her.

-----------------------------

Shadow was going mad with the pain and the burn the thing around her neck was causing. She was avoiding everyone but Cannon, when again they were shot. As she was passing out, all she could think of was how she was going to rip out throats when she caught who was doing this to her. She woke up slowly, a cool, numb, weightless feeling around her neck, but a horrible pain between her shoulders and the stench of humans again. She looked to Cannon and saw his collar had also been removed, his fur missing from where it had been. She was unaware she also had the same bald patch on her neck, but hers was larger from where the humans had shaved back around her wound and smeared antiseptic cream and stitched her back together. The itching was gone, as they had treated the mites that had been making the unreachable skin under the collar a home. The shook and sneezed as Cannon stood up and growled. They both looked around cautiously as they trotted back towards the dens.

They didn't notice the students high up in their treehouse holding their breath as the two wolves faded back into the forrest, or the one girl grinning broadly at the result of her argument won. Some had argued that the wolves shouldn't be treated as it was interfering with nature, but they wouldn't have had the problems that they did if they hadn't interfered in the first place. Nobody wanted a repeat of Druid Peak. Their collars had been removed and they had been vaccinated and microchipped. They had a huge and thriving pack, not such a common sight anymore. They wanted to do the same for the rest, but decided it was best to wait a while and give them a chance to relax before attempting the same again. It was when she was observing the next day that she noticed the two newest additions were missing, and so were four of the yearlings, including the striking albino. She raced to her professor with the news. Was it wildlife officers or were there poachers in the park?

OOC: Something new for me but something is telling me she's important, at least for a little while :/
    MollyLuver123

Virgo Tiger

Post by MollyLuver123 May 2nd 2011, 17:46

The man called PJ gruffly removed Feather from the small box and shoved her into a large cage. Feather glanced around and took in her surroundings. The grass was partly yellowed and a murky little pond was in the corner. There was a den sheltered by two large trees. Just as Feather started to walk toward the den, a young male around her age emerged from it. He was black and furry with white paws and green eyes. The tawny female stared at him. "So you're the wolf I gotta make a pack with?" The male said. He blinked once. "Might not be so bad after all..." Feather's breath caught. She had to make a pack with this male?

"Stay away from me," Feather warned. The male circled her.

"By the way," The male continued, "I'm Rocky. Least that's what the humans call me." Feather snarled at him. Rocky half backed up. "Hey, easy. I like a girl with attitude and beauty." The tawny female crouched, ready to pounce on the male.

"Get anywhere near me and you'll regret it for the rest of your life. But then your life wouldn't be too long. You'd likely be dead," Feather said with confidence she didn't feel. "Falcon and Solei and Arrow and the rest of the pack'll be here soon." She'd just listed the males, hoping Rocky wouldn't come closer. He did. That's when Feather pounced on him and sunk her sharp white teeth into Rocky's black coat.

---------------------------------------------------

Falcon tried not to sob. His sister couldn't be dead! Could she? The male didn't check. Maybe Feather still was alive...Falcon leaped to his feet. "If she's not dead, who knows what she's having to endure?" Falcon said to himself. He heard a faint howl. Could that be Feather? It was too far away to tell. Still...

Falcon ran toward the sound, but found Samari and Luna sniffing a spot on the ground instead of his sister. "Hi," he said stiffly and out of breath. "Feather...might've heard...her...over that way...Follow...follow me..." The wolf said while panting. Not looking to see if the girls were following, Falcon took off to where he heard the howl come from.
    Kike
    Kike
    Special Member
    Special Member

Aries Rat

Post by Kike May 2nd 2011, 21:35

Taqqiq sat next to Blood, with his head resting on his paws. It was boring, Solei, Arrow, Luna and Samari were out searchin for Feather and Falcon. He'd asked his father if he could go with them but he'd sadi he was still too young to go far from the dens. But Taqqiq had made up his mind, he was larger than his two sisters now and wanted to get away from being confined to the denning area.
    When Blood and his sisters were sleeping and most of the pack out hunting, her slipped into the forest undetected. He quickly picked up Solei and Arrows scents and started to follow them to the edge of the territory, stoping only a few times to rest his tired legs. Luna and Samari had split off from the boys in search of Falcon, but Taqqiq knew he would get moe of an adventure if he followed the to older boys.
    While he was tracking Solei and Arrow he noticed the strong smell of humans, the same smell's he'd noticed on Shadow and Cannon. He picked up his pace and ducked when he saw Solei and Arrow following the faint scent of Feather mixed with the strong tange of humans. But these humans didn't smell of the same one's as earlier, he stopped and stretched his legs hoping Soli and Arrow would stop soon. Glancing back a hoped Blood hadn't notice he was missing and growling when he relised he should have covered his scent before following the boys.
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin May 6th 2011, 07:41

They had quickly caught up to the boys. Luna took over following the scent, she easily had the best nose amongst the siblings and Falcon was probably under too much stress to follow a trail effectively. They had set a ground eating pace and she had lost track of the miles they had covered. They had left the protection and cover of the trees they had known all their lives, crossed the plains and farmlands before coming to another forrest entirely. The scent was thicker her, and so was the scent of other wolves. So many other wolves. The small party slowed and were on high alert. Then they saw the fences. Row upon row, and the weary golden eyes looking out at them. "She's here somewhere..." Luna said gravely. She could see where others had tried to dig out and failed. It was like the fence was lined with rock under the dirt. They would need to find another way to get her out.
    MollyLuver123

Virgo Tiger

Post by MollyLuver123 May 6th 2011, 15:57

Rocky howled in pain and thrashed around. He was strong, but Feather was driven on by loss. Despite that fact, she couldn't hold on much longer. Rocky flung her into the fence. She yelped and stood. Rocky snarled at her. "I told you I wouldn't let you come closer," Feather said with more bravery than she felt.

"You committed a crime I can't forgive," Rocky growled. His low threatening voice sent a shiver down Feather's spine. "And you will pay for it..." The male charged Feather, but at that moment, a fudge brown wolf ran up to the cage. He growled at the black.

"Falcon!" Feather squealed. Rocky chose that second to grab Feather. Falcon leaped the fence.

"Let my sister go," Falcon snarled warningly. Feather yelped like a pup multiple times. Falcon had a conflicted look on his face. When Rocky made no move to release Feather, Falcon charged him. Rocky fell to the ground, and Feather shook herself. Scared, she hid behind her brother.

"Where are the others?" She whispered. Falcon motioned with his head over the fence. Other wolves were reappearing. The fence was too high for Feather to jump, so she ran directly into it causing a hole to form. The chain links grabbed at Feather's fur, pinched her, and held her tight, but she didn't care...

Feather freed herself and ran over to the others. She stood and glared at the cowering black wolf in the cage. He met her gaze and Feather growled. Rocky yelped.
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin May 7th 2011, 01:21

Solei and Arrow raced to stand protectively in front of the females, but Luna and Samari were having none of it, they were their mothers daughters after all. It was then that the wind shifted and bought with it a familiar scent. A look of shock crossed all their faces as Taqqiq bounded up to them. "H-how did you keep up?" Luna asked confused. "You're just a pup! You shouldn't be here!" Samari growled, she really was losing her patience with the pup. What if he had been injured or killed? They were all told the warning stories of Maia when they were younger, she hadn't been much older than they were when she died.

Growls and snarls erupted on the other side of the fence and the small group stopped their worrying about the pup to watch. Other wolves were taking Falcons lead and jumping or climbing the fences and fleeing, but some stayed to watch, including three juvenile brothers, one was a russet brown, the smallest looked similar to uncle Striker, mostly white with a little bit of grey, but he had a darker stripe running from the top of his head down his back and the other was a standard grey, with white cheeks, chest and legs. He was easily the largest of the brothers and seemed to be their leader. They ran up and down the fences yelling encouragement to the other wolves who were stuck, and offering pointers to those who were struggling, such as "Jump from the den!" referring to the box they had been sleeping in or "Use the tree!" to those that had them. Luna was impressed.

OOC: le Sigh... how will I ever keep up with them? They seem to want to hang around...

Russet Male: Russ
    Whiter Male: River
    Grey Male: Bear
    Kike
    Kike
    Special Member
    Special Member

Aries Rat

Post by Kike May 7th 2011, 08:20

Taqqiq crouched when Samari growled at him, he thought he was doing great at only be detected now when they had finally found Feather. "I-I just wanted to go on an adventure..." He stammered. relising just how much trouble he would be in when he got home.

Blood searched franticaly when she noticed Taqqiq wasn't around, herself and Dash had followed his scent into the forest but fresh layers of snow covered his trail. Dash had finally calmed Blood down and told her they had two pups that needed caring for. She felt like Stream had died all over again but this time she didn't know if Taqqiq was even alive.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 19th 2024, 03:51