Zoo Tycoon Paradise

Hello, and Welcome To Our Winter Paradise! We Hope You Give Us Some Feedback On Our New Skin and Features. Have a Nice Time Here at Zoo Tycoon Paradise! Smile

~sesrocker & slg (The Admins Here At ZTP)

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Zoo Tycoon Paradise

Hello, and Welcome To Our Winter Paradise! We Hope You Give Us Some Feedback On Our New Skin and Features. Have a Nice Time Here at Zoo Tycoon Paradise! Smile

~sesrocker & slg (The Admins Here At ZTP)

Zoo Tycoon Paradise

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paradise For Zoo Tycoon Fans!

+3
Okami
realprety
becuffin
7 posters

Wolf RPG

becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Registration date : 2008-11-05
    Number of posts : 184
    Aquarius Cat
    My Pet : Hippo

Wolf RPG - Page 4 Empty Re: Wolf RPG

Post by becuffin May 8th 2011, 00:48

Arrow felt for the small pup, he had been that adventurous once, and he was sick of his sisters impatience. He walked over and sat behind Taqqiq so he was well protected between his uncles front paws. When Samari turned to growl again, Arrow met her eyes and she just glared silently instead. He wasn't sure about these strange wolves that were hanging about. It really wasn't an ideal place for a pup, but he wouldn't let any harm come to his nephew, even if he was just adopted...

While they were waiting for Falcon to rejoin them, he looked around at the departing captives and caught sight of one of the prettiest wolves he had ever seen. She was black, with flecks of white all around her face and striking golden eyes. She met his eyes and he realised his tail was thumping almost frantically on the ground and he was smiling like a fool. He attempted to make himself look more serious, but he saw her small smirk as she turned and followed the others. He was torn between staying with his siblings and chasing after her in an attempt to convince her to join them. He wondered what his mother would think of all these strange wolves following them back, since these strange new males didn't appear as if they had any plans on leaving.

MollyLuver123
    People Who Just Plain Rule!

Registration date : 2011-04-13
    Number of posts : 19
    Virgo Tiger
    Power : Wolf RPG - Page 4 Default1
    Intelligence : Wolf RPG - Page 4 Default1

Post by MollyLuver123 May 8th 2011, 17:35

Feather trembled as she inched towards Solei. Rocky was cowering in the corner, and Feather was sure he'd never bother her again. Not with such a powerful big brother on her side. The female smiled slightly at her brother, who nuzzled her happily. "Thanks, Fal."

"All in a day's work, right Sis?" He said cockily. Feather shook her head in exasperation.

"Sure," She said. Feather leaned closer and whispered, "Trying to impress a certain young female?" She giggled. Falcon shoved her playfully.

"Yeah. Yeah, that's exactly right," Falcon said. Feather could hear the attempted sarcasm and laughed.

"You're not exactly succeeding...not yet anyways," Feather giggled. Falcon mock-scowled.

"Now, Little Sister, are you trying to tell me I can't charm the prettiest juvenile in all the world?" Falcon said rather loudly. Hoping Samari would hear, no doubt.

"No, I'm telling you that you need to brush up on your charisma," Feather laughed. Falcon nipped her shoulder, which started a wrestling match that Feather's brother quickly won. "Now go. Let her know of your love!" Falcon chuckled, but warily glanced around the area. He'd smelled something, of that, Feather was sure.

Falcon attacked the human as he charged toward Samari, Arrow, and himself with an electrical rod. Another sprinted toward the pup, Taqqiq, Russ, River, and Bear. Falcon couldn't stop that one. "Heads up!" He howled nervously.
    Kike
    Kike
    Special Member
    Special Member

Registration date : 2011-03-11
    Number of posts : 54
    Aries Rat
    My Pet : Owl

Post by Kike May 9th 2011, 04:43

Taqqiq trembled with fear as the human came toward him with its hairless pink paws outstretched trying to reach him. He'd never seen a human before and wonderer how anything could grow that tall. He turned tail and ran under a grey wolfs belly with the human stumbling after him on its two hind legs. He could just feel its pink paws touching the tip of his tail when his uncle Arrow lept at the human and unbalanced it.
    Taqqiq skidded to a halt under the gnarled roots of a tall pine and peered out. Arrow had his teeth sunk into the humans hind leg and was it shaking viciously. Falcon and Samari where attacking a female human side by side as it ran out from a shiny blue hole.
    Suddenly Taqqiq felt something thin tighten around his throat and he struggled to take in a breath. Looking up he saw a human standing over him. The human had a mop of brown hair on his head and a thin line of it running down both sides of his face. Taqqiq thrashed his head from side to side in an attempt to get free but the human pulled him out into the open and reached down with his hairless paws and picked him up. He frantically looked around for Arrow and spotted him close by "Uncle! Help!"
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin May 9th 2011, 09:17

Arrow heard Taqqiq yell but he couldn't risk letting the human go, then she came out of nowhere, tackling the human to the ground and knocking the small pup from his hands. "RUN!" she barked as the remaining wolves released the humans and raced into the forrest. She had scooped up Taqqiq in her powerful jaws and carried him until she thought it was safe. They all sat around panting. Arrow was relieved that nobody was hurt and all the wolves were accounted for.

"Nice move Tunyan!" the larger grey male praised the black and white flecked female. Arrow struggled to contain a grin. Brat... It seemed the strangers would be hanging around after all.

Once they were well clear of the humans, Samari began frantically checking over Falcon, she noticed from the corner of her eye that Solei was doing similar to Feather, although a little less frantically than she was. She realised he was fine and sat back, embarrassed. He had been so brave...
    Kike
    Kike
    Special Member
    Special Member

Aries Rat

Post by Kike May 9th 2011, 09:27

Taqqiq crouched close to the ground almost making himself flat, his legs still trembled with fear. He wished he'd stayed home in the safety of the pack and with Blood and Dash close by his side. He could still hear the humans crashing about in the distance and whimpered. He creeped over to Arrow's side and pushed his nose into Arrow's cold white fur.
    He couldn't wait to get back home, he looked up and saw the black female how'd saved him watching Arrow closely. Taqqiq looked up at his uncle and knew at once he liked this strange female.
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin May 11th 2011, 09:18

It was well past time for the group to be heading home, and someone had to take charge, it wouldn't take the humans long to find them if they just sat there, but they would need to take the long way around. Solei remembered a small creek crossing not far from where they were now. They would need to walk up or down the creek for a distance to cover their tracks and scent.

He set out, leading with a ground eating pace forgetting about the wayward pup until his brother raced up to him and demanded they slow down. It was going to be a long trip...

Bear watched the pretty grey female. The brown male seemed to be more interested in her sister than her so he casually trotted up next to her to keep pace. He could feel his brothers eyes like coals burning on his back, but he was on an information gathering mission, or at least that was what he was telling himself.

Luna stiffened a little when the strange male came close. She was used to being the last of her sisters to get attention from strange males, and that was how she preferred it. Besides, Midnight and Eclipse were likely to take it out on her if they felt she was trying to get in their way. She mumbled as much to the wolf who was walking besides her and he seemed to take it as a good sign. "My brothers are the same..." he replied jokingly, "But they rarely have the guts to go up and talk to them..." he added with a cheeky grin. "That won't be a problem with my sisters." she replied shyly with a smile. "They aren't very backwards when it comes to introductions..."

They had finally reached the creek and Luna looked at her sister concerned, but with Feather at her side she stepped into the icy water and continued to follow Solei. She looked to the rear where Arrow was walking with the strange new female and Taqqiq. They were finally clear of the humans.
    MollyLuver123

Registration date : 2011-04-13
    Number of posts : 19
    Virgo Tiger
    Power : Wolf RPG - Page 4 Default1
    Intelligence : Wolf RPG - Page 4 Default1

Post by MollyLuver123 May 15th 2011, 02:50

Falcon walked beside Samari. "My sister has been pressuring me to say this. Now I know we've only known each other like a day or something, but I gotta say this: I l-love you..." Falcon mentally kicked himself. Couldn't he have said it a little sweeter, more flirtatiously? Why did he always mess things up? "Uh, that came out a little...blunt...What I mean to say is...I really, really, really like you a lot--love you a lot--Samari..."
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin May 16th 2011, 04:16

Samari giggled giddily, a grin spreading from ear to ear. "I-uh, really really like you-love you a lot too Falcon..." They walked along in silence for a short while before she decided to ask in a teasing tone "So I guess you'll be staying then?"

Finally Solei caught the familiar scent of family and picked up the pace as they returned to the dens. His mother and father sat up to eye the newest additions to the pack, he could see hostility in his mothers eyes, it would mean they would need to extend their borders again, and they all still reeked of humans. He was relieved to see the collars removed from his parents and began with the introductions.

Midnight and Eclipse also sat up and took notice of the new males that were following their siblings back to the dens. Solei sighed and wondered who would end up with who. It seemed Bear was already taking a liking to Luna, but the other two already had their eyes on him. He sighed, this could end badly.
    Kike
    Kike
    Special Member
    Special Member

Aries Rat

Post by Kike May 16th 2011, 08:27

Taqqiq sulked behind Arrow, his ears flat and head low as he caught sight of Blood rushing towards him. He could feel her tounge rasp furiously over him and squirmed in her powerful grasp. "Where have you been? I've been worried sick about, don't you ever run of like that again!" She sounded angry but her green eyes soft and loving.

Blood was glad Taqqiq was home safe and without any injuries excepted for a small mark around his neck. He'd told her of how the human tightened something thin and burning around his neck. Kallik and Niru were also happy their adopted brother was home and kept asking him questions about the humans.
    She noticed that the pack was getting extremely large and new Shadow wouldn't be very happy with extending the boudaries futher than they already where. Though the three new males looked like they could cause a lot of trouble for the pack if given the chance.
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin May 19th 2011, 06:32

It was time to put her paw down. Shadow growled at the three brothers and the new female. She didn't trust the large grey, even though she couldn't quite tell why. The fact he put her hackles up was enough reason for her. He looked at her shocked and when he didn't move she lunged at him. He turned tail and ran, the two smaller males close behind. Her neck was sore and itchy where the humans had stitched her up, and her patience was thin. She looked to the smaller female that was hiding behind her albino son. She huffed a warning at him and her and turned around to lay facing the other direction, ignoring her two darker daughters pouts. She needed to stop being so soft or soon they would have more mouths than their territory could support. Bayak and Naira emerged from the den where they had been hiding and began to climb all over their mother. She licked them both affectionately. She had to think of their future.

Ranger was relieved his mother had chased the males off. Something hadn't smelled right about them, and they had too many pups to risk the strangers. One by himself would have been manageable, but all three of them? He wasn't convinced they had seen the last of them though and affectionately leaned against Suka and nuzzled each of his pups before pulling himself to his feet and heading out on patrol. His brother did the same with Blood and his own pups and met him at the edge of the denning area and they both continued without a word needing to be spoken between them.

Bear faced his two brothers once they were out of sight of the edge of the large packs territory. He was annoyed, the small grey female had practically promised them a female each but the matriarch was having a bad day so they were all thrown out? His brothers were glaring at him and Russ stepped towards him, threatening, challenging. They were running out of patience with him he knew. "C'mon, you saw the way those two darker girls were looking at us... I'm sure they'll come after us. We should stay here for a few nights, besides, the old girl might soften up between now and then..." He was practically pleading. He may have been the largest of the brothers, but Russ was the brawler, and River could outrun him without even hitting his top speed. Both brothers began to advance and he slowly stepped back. "Two nights." Russ said coldly before beginning to turn away. "Two nights is all you get." The russet wolf walked away stiffly. It had been Bear's idea to check out the cages, and it was his fault they were caught, his position had been precarious ever since, and now they had lost Tunyan too, who had been Rivers cage-mate. She hadn't taken a liking to him, but they had managed a precarious truce, he had hoped she would stay with them once they were free. He needed to find a way to lure at least one of the sisters away...and fast.
    Kike
    Kike
    Special Member
    Special Member

Aries Rat

Post by Kike May 20th 2011, 08:29

A few days past and Blood lay lazily outside their den with her pups crawling around her. Taqqiq had been extremely quiet since his litle trip with the patrol that had searched for Falcon and Feather. She worried a litle but was glad for a bit of peace and the hunting patrols hadn't had any trouble with him either. There was now the faint constant tinge of human in the air since a group of them had arrived to the territory.
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin May 21st 2011, 18:46

Bear was relieved. Luna had been sneaking away to meet with him and he had been conveniently 'out' every time Midnight and Eclipse had come looking for him. They had quickly lost interest with his absence and had started flirting with Russ and River. They hadn't left their pack to join them yet, and even he had to admit they were probably still a bit young until spring, but they were taking enough notice to keep his brothers from driving him out or killing him.

-----------------------------------

Shadow knew what her daughters were doing. It was Maia all over again... although thankfully this time the male wasn't a dog. She had to be content to trust their judgement though, they were almost dispersal age, even though Maia had only been a juvenile. The same standard would still apply though. If they decided to have pups before the males were accepted into the pack or before they left, they would be driven from the lands where they had grown up, and they knew that. She just hoped they had the sense to do the right thing.
    Kike
    Kike
    Special Member
    Special Member

Aries Rat

Post by Kike June 20th 2011, 03:39

Blood woke early one morning feeling restless, her pups where sleeping soundly beside her. She stood up, careful not to wake them and Dash, she stepped out of the den. Her breath billowing around her she shook her fur and headed for the trees. A fresh layer of snow covered the ground and Bloods paws froze in the cold going numb. She could feel the cold spreading through her limbs and started to run through the trees, trying to warm up.
    Heading nowhere in perticular she found herself near the stream that ran through the territory. She hadn't been out by herself since her pups were born. She sniffed the air and a strange but farmilier scent wafted toward on the breeze. It was those three males. Blood thought they had taken Shadows warning and left.
    She crept forward, keeping her belly to the ground as though she were stalking prey and found them in a small clearing near the edge of the territory. But what caught her off guard was that Luna was with one of the brothers.
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin July 24th 2011, 10:34

He was at it again, and she was starting to lose her patience. It seemed every time she saw him he was trying to convince her to run away with him. She knew Midnight and Eclipse were feather brained enough to take his brothers up on the offer but she wanted to stay with her family... If only her mother could see that he wasn't a terrible wolf...

She caught scent of Blood and flinched. Her mother would no doubt hear about her sneaking off, and given her mood of late she wasn't looking forward to the consequences. She gave Bear an apologetic lick on the muzzle and turned to race home before her parents knew she was missing. She ran into Blood and gave the older female a guilty glance. "Please don't tell?" she tried to plead quietly with a nervous smile. She didn't want to risk being chased from the pack. Her bigger brothers were constantly reminding their younger siblings that it had happened before, to their naughty little sister who snuck off to see a boy. Admittedly that boy was more dog than wolf but she knew that if her mother was forced to choose, she would always do what she thought was best for the pack as a whole, and an underage pregnant female was never good for the pack, which was why she had continually refused his advances. She would be dispersal age in just a few short months and then she would have the option of leaving... Why was it all so hard?

Shadow felt guilty for forcing her daughters to sneak around to see the young male wolves but she didn't want to tempt fate. When they were spotted on their territory they were chased to the border and if her daughters weren't in their dens by bed time they were forcefully collected and returned home. It was making more work for everyone else but it had to be done to avoid history repeating itself. Once the girls were old enough to start looking for mates she would re-evaluate whether or not to let them join the pack, but until then, she would be keeping as close of an eye on her daughters as she could manage with two rapidly growing pups. As they grew, their fur turned a deeper grey with flecks of brown, they were almost invisible in the leaf litter unless they moved and they were almost inseparable. She didn't know how she would manage the pups and her hormonal daughters without the help of older sons. She caught Rangers eye as his smaller half arctic pups climbed onto his shoulders and tugged at his ears and she smiled with pride clearly in her eyes. She was equally as proud of Dash and his brood. She sighed contentedly. Soon the pups would be hunting and spring would be on the breeze again. Oh how time flies...
    Kike
    Kike
    Special Member
    Special Member

Aries Rat

Post by Kike July 26th 2011, 08:28

Blood looked at the young she-wolf, her eyes pleading. She remembered a time when her older brother was sneaking around with a she-wolf from another pack. It didn't end very well for them both and she didn't want anything like that to happen to Luna.
    Blood flicked her ears and nodded once, "don't worry i wont, but you can't keep sneaking around like this. Surelly you heard of what happened to Mia?" She started back toward the dens flicking her tail for Luna to follow. "And I'm sure you don't want that to happen to your sisters either. My older brother, Blizzard, was seeing a she-wolf from a neighbouring pack when he was the same age you are now. This went on for a while til his mate gave birth to three beautiful pups, but because they came from different packs, Blizzard want to be with her when she had them. She decided to meet him at the boarder and died having them because of the cold. My brother thought our parents would take them in but my father, Bone, had them exiled. Blizzard tried to hunt and keep them alive but they couldn't eat meat. So one by one they died and eventually so did Blizzard, but not of lack of food or hunger but of grief. He lost everything and so did his pack"
    Blood looked at Luna and bounded forward, "Come on, my paws will drop off soon."

Last edited by Kike on July 31st 2011, 09:49; edited 3 times in total
    WolfCreekCity
    WolfCreekCity

Registration date : 2011-10-29
    Number of posts : 24
    Aries Rat
    My Pet : Kangaroo

Post by WolfCreekCity October 30th 2011, 00:56

Name: Death
    Colour: Dark midnight black with tinge of red fur, has unusual white eyes (most wolves that meet him think he is part blind at first)
    Other: This brute is without a doubt the largest wolf in his pack. With powerful shoulders, large pads, and enormous muscles, he towers over almost everyone he meets, his vast stance is supported by sheer muscle enveloping his embodiment. His strong frame is best for sparring, he weighs more then most do so he can over power someone with little effort. He is also the leader of a band of four males (including himself) and three females, he is always looking for more to join his growing pack is looking for more to join his growing pack. Meeka is his mate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Name: Meeka
    Colour: Pure white with light sky-blue eyes
    Other: Meeka is a small lithe wolf, she is the fastest and best hunter in the pack. She has a calm composure but can turn into a different wolf entirely when she is angered. She joined Deaths pack when the last of her family was killed. Meeka is Deaths mate and sister to Arithena.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Name: Phantom
    Colour: Dark grey with white flecks, dark blue eyes.
    Other: Phantom is Deaths brother, he has the same build as Death only he is smaller and faster, though any wolf that thinks he is weak wont make that same mistake again. He is loyal to his brother but doesn't mind challenging him from time to time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Name: Esylk
    Colour: A rich coat of earthy tones; Brown's, tan's, greys and black, she has light, glacial blue eyes.
    Other: She is extremely short, even for a female which makes her the butt of many jokes within the pack. What she does have that makes up for having such
    a shirt stature is brute strength that is uncommon in a female. Her body is
    rippling with muscular strength that makes it less likely for someone to pick
    on her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Name: Arithena
    Colour: Light grey almost white, with green eyes.
    Other: Beautiful lithe build, she looks like the youngest in the pack. She is fast and never backs down from a fight. She likes to trick males in the pack and is a bit of a 'flirt'. She is a very attractive she-wolf and most males fall for her, though she pays no attention to them. She is Meekas sister.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Name: Fang
    Colour: Dark grey with dark amber eyes
    Other: He is the nicest and newest wolf in the pack, he doesn't like to kill innocent wolves but must learn to if he wishes to survive in the pack. He is the smallest wolf in the pack, due to his age, but has bulging muscles and has strength that almost matches his alpha Death.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Name: Scar
    Colour: light brown tinged red with yellow eyes.
    Other: Large muscly build with many scars along his pelt from years of battles. He is the most experienced wolf in the pack and was one of the first to form the new pack. He has a big influence on the descisions made by the alphas
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin December 13th 2011, 06:30

Welcome! I look forward to seeing how these guys interact with our massive pack! I hope you have had a chance to read and get to know Shadow and her clan. Sounds like her and Cannon are in for a shake up! :p

(Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I didn't receive a reply notification.)
    WolfCreekCity
    WolfCreekCity

Aries Rat

Post by WolfCreekCity December 18th 2011, 22:35

That's fine Very Happy Yer i did get to reading Shadow's pack history.
    -------------

Death stalked toward the cowering wolf, his dark body rippling with power. His large paws crunched down on the snow that blanketed the forest floor. The rest of his pack was surrounding the survivors, which were only two females and one pup.

He bared his teeth at the alpha male, whose small frame was crouched submissively. ‘So I’ll give you one chance and one chance only’ Death spun around, muzzle pulled back in an ugly snarl. ‘Brother shut that pup up!’ Death smiled in satisfaction when he heard the pup’s yelp cut short and the crack of snapping bones. ‘I’m sure you don’t want to end up like your son just now. So you can join my pack and accept my leadership over you, your females and this territory or, if you don’t like that, you WILL end up like your son, but I’ll make sure your death is slow and painful.’

Fang stared down at the pup’s broken body; his once beautiful golden coat was now stained with his own blood. He couldn’t tear his eyes away and felt something stir inside him. Ever since he had been forced to join Death’s pack he had seen this kind of thing happening a lot, especially when wolves refused Death. But Fang couldn’t work out why he had this pup killed; normally Death would be the one who always spared a pup’s life. It must have been the lack of food lately or he’s just still grumpy about Bear leaving. Bear was Deaths twin brother; only he was a mixture of browns, reds and black. Death started going funny when Bear left him for a rouge female he met a couple if nights ago.

Fang looked up when Death called his name, he’d been too busy staring at the young life that had just been wasted than paying attention to what was going on around him. But when he looked up he saw Death standing over the male with his paws planted on his throat. ‘Get over here!’ Fang nodded and padded carefully over, he was unsettled by the gleam in his eye. ‘You need to take your place in this pack, I want you to end him.’ Fang glanced at the wolf stuck under Deaths overly sized paws. He nodded once and Death sat back, Fang slowly peeled back his lips a growled deep in his throat. He bent down so that he could whisper in the wolf’s ear, ‘I’m sorry to do this but if I don’t it will be my life he will take as well as your own.’ He pulled back and looked into the wolf’s eyes hoping he understood and mentally sighed with relief when the wolf blinked once to show he understood. Without wasting any more time and not wanting Death to get suspicious he lunged for the wolf’s throat and sunk his teeth into the soft flesh.
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin December 21st 2011, 03:37

OOC: Ok, it’s been a very long time so I am adopting Cannon until realprety comes back Smile Shadow and Cannon will be posted under the one colour, they’ve been together so long they are pretty much both halves of a whole these days. I’m going to start off with just writing for the ‘parents’ (because there is no way I’m writing a separate paragraph for all 27 wolves!) and the others will step in as they see appropriate/have something to add to their own little plot lines...

--------------------------------------------

Cannon sat back next to his mate with a contented sigh as he watched his offspring frolic around him. He remembered when he had first met the powerful female beside him fondly, remembering how he was trying to avoid becoming an alpha, and this was where it got him. As if reading his mind Shadow chuckled and bumped against him playfully. Despite all the dramas with the rogue males and young hormones things were finally calming down. The fur had grown back thick and long where the collar had been wrapped around his mates neck, and a quite if cautious truce had been called between Shadow, Bear and his brothers now the threat of more pups had passed. It was quickly warming up so there was plenty of prey around, and now that Blood’s pack had been all but obliterated they were able to extend their hunting range to include the large open plains beyond the river. There were now twenty seven wolves in the pack, only the Druid pack were larger, and now that the youngest pups were joining the adults in hunting, they very rarely missed their target.

His mate bumped him harder, starting him from his daydreaming and before he knew it she was racing off. The heavy male followed his mates swerving tail. She was taking it easy and he knew it. He tackled her with a knowing smile and she playfully growled and pushed at his face with her large dark paws giggling. After a short tussle they both flopped to the soft ground and enjoyed the peace. They were making the most of the time between litters, it was extremely rare for them to have a chance to get away like this anymore.

As much as she loved her family, the numbers were beginning to worry her. The birds were chirping overhead and the breeze was dancing playfully through the branches above their heads, it was hard to feel worried when everything seemed so perfect. She knew there would be conflict if the family broke into two or more groups. Ranger was more than capable of running his own pack, but she was worried that Arrow might feel put out. There were so many strong personalities amongst her sons and daughters. As she caught the fresh scent of flowers and rain to come on the breeze she smiled absentmindedly and decided to leap that obstacle when she came to it...

-------------------------------------------------------

Striker sunk down, his white fur fanning around him and settling his grey stripe in a ‘S’ shape down his spine as he watched the younger wolves go about their daily routines. It had been many moons since he joined his sister and her mate in the woods. He sometimes missed the open tundra where he and his sister had been born, had raced and played together, and the pack his brother and his mate had destroyed.

He remembered when Dash and Ranger had been tiny little balls of grey and black fluff and smiled sadly. They had both grown and found mates, and had little fluff balls of their own, and he was still alone. He had thought there was a chance with Simone, but she had moved on as quickly as she had blown in. Some wolves weren’t meant for pack life...

He was loyal to Cannon and Shadow to the core and promised himself he would never leave his pack for selfish reasons like finding a mate, especially after all they had done for him. He would just have to hope the great mother decided to send an eligible female his way. If it was meant to be, it would be.

----------------------------------------------------

Dash watched closely as the larger red Taqqiq, dark grey Kallik and almost white Niru romped in the stream, giggling and splashing and scaring off all the fish. The last thing he needed to worry about now was a bear or some other large predator threatening his pups. Blood was attempting to sneak up on him but he would know her scent anywhere and quickly turned with a smile, crouching low in an invite for his mate to play. The pups were really too old to need constant surveillance but the first time parents were anxious, even with the whole pack gathered at the den, but he still had nightmares about Maia...

----------------------------------------------------

Ranger calmly supervised his younger siblings and the pups not romping in the creek as they practiced play fighting and hunting techniques. Although there was strength in numbers he didn’t want them becoming complacent. His time with Suka’s pack had taught him the importance of constantly being prepared for battle, even in times of peace and now his height and muscle rivaled that of his father and mother. Arrow had taken to following him around constantly and seemed to make it his goal to be as good if not better than his dark brother. It was a drive Ranger respected and admired in his slimmer albino brother, but Arrow could still beat him in a race. He had inherited their mothers speed and their fathers old fashioned manners, while Ranger had more of their mothers ruthless streak, and their fathers brute strength. The others hated to admit that their loving and doting mother was anything more than just a big softy but he knew that if there was ever a threat to her family his mother would tear out throats and enjoy doing it if it meant her family would be safe. Blood’s former pack were the perfect example and even though he was just a pup, he still remembered the blood soaked soil when his parents had collected them from the bolt hole. She was not a wolf he would ever want to cross.
    WolfCreekCity
    WolfCreekCity

Aries Rat

Post by WolfCreekCity December 22nd 2011, 23:56

OOC: Thats fine, I understand. I wouldn't want to write 27 different POV's
    either!!!

--------------------------

Meeka lay contently next to her mate, resting her muzzle against his dark broad shoulder. She was glad they had finally found a territory, even if it was small to begin with they could always extend it if they needed to. Meeka knew Death wouldn't hesitate to extend their new territory even if it meant they had to fight another pack for more land. Even though her pack might be small they have some excellent fighters that could probably take on a pack a bit larger than there own.

Her mate twisted his large head around and licked her muzzle, his ears pricked when he heard Scar, Phantom and Fang returning from their boarder patrol. 'Well? Did you find anything?' Death sat up shaking Meeka off him in the process, she flattened her ears and growled softly but Death took no notice of her. Scar sat down and motioned for Phantom to speak. He dipped his head in thanks and turned to the waiting alphas. 'We scented traces of a pack of about 30 strong wolves on our northern boarder, but other than that there was nothing.'

'A pack that big would have to have some young wolves in it, and if they do we could maybe lure some out to join our pack,' Scar added, twisting around to lick a fresh wound near the base of his tail. Fang shifted his paws on the ground, 'I also smelt a few lone males hanging around that packs territory.' He looked around a the other wolfs in the pack going on with their own business, not wanting to look at Death directly. 'Oh really.' He rumbled deep in his throat. 'We might have to make a visit some time soon, see if there are any willing wolves looking for a pack to join.' Scar and Phantom laughed alone with him and Meeka looked fondly at her mate.

Last edited by WolfCreekCity on December 24th 2011, 01:50; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling errors :()
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin December 25th 2011, 06:47

Bear stretched languidly. They were now on peaceable terms with the alphas and were allowed to remain on their territory, but weren't yet permitted to sleep at the main den. River and Russ were also rousing from their morning nap and seemed to have similar thoughts to Bear. He was missing Luna terribly and couldn't wait for permission to move in with her.

The three brothers began their regular route via the southern border wordlessly. They had been together long enough that they didn't need to speak to know what the other was thinking. As they were on their patrol the three brothers froze. There was a new scent, a few hours old but not familiar wolves. They had been on casual terms with the neighbouring pack, each keeping to their own territory, but if there had been a hostile take over it could pose a threat to the pack they were hoping to join. They picked up their pace wordlessly and continued on their way, ready to report to Cannon or Ranger as soon as they managed to track them down.

------------------------------------------

Cannon noticed the approaching males first and sat up attentively, he was ready to accept a challenge if one was posed. You could never tell with rogue males, even if they were courting his daughters. They all sunk low and posed submissively and he relaxed again, laying back down next to Shadow, planning to enjoy a quite day.

He growled low in warning when the grey wolf continued to approach, he was a leader of sorts among the rogues and while he seemed to have a decent head on his shoulders he was pushing his luck by forcing his presence on the large alpha pair.

"News..." The grey wolf whispered barely audibly. Cannon sighed and sat back up warily. News bought in by a beta was rarely good news.

He listened closely as Bear explained what the brothers had scented. It had been a while since another pack had moved into the area, and the land was fertile to the south so it made sense, it was a territory worth fighting for, but they already had more than enough to maintain them so never felt the need to expand in that direction. Ranger and Arrow had noticed the change in their fathers stance and came over to sit with their parents. "Ranger, up the patrol groups from twos to fours, and two at a time, I want the groups to be within earshot of each other at all times...at least until we figure out who these new wolves are..."
    Kike
    Kike
    Special Member
    Special Member

Aries Rat

Post by Kike January 12th 2012, 03:01

Blood pricked her ears in the direction of the small group of wolves that surrounded the alphas. She heard bits and pieces of the males report like "strange scents near the border" and something about a "territory take over". But she was too far away to catch the full conversation, curiosity got the better of her. She gently shook Niru, they smallest of her litter, of her flank and got to her feet. Sitting beside Ranger she asked what was going on, though only half concentrating on what he was saying because she needed to keep an eye on her pups. even tough they aren't as small as they used to be she still couldn't think of them getting hurt.
    WolfCreekCity
    WolfCreekCity

Aries Rat

Post by WolfCreekCity January 12th 2012, 03:59

Fang lay crouched at the border of their new territory and the territory of the neighboring pack. He took in a large breath looked behind him, there he saw the glowing white eyes of his alpha, who slowly closed them and became invisible.Next to Death, Fang could see the ghostly white shadow of Meeka lying next to him. He briskly shook himself, fluffing up his fur to keep the night chill away.

Slowly he lifted up a paw and placed it over the invisible border, pausing when he placed it on the other side. Then he shifted forward until he was completely out of the safety of his new home. Without looking back he moved forward as silently as he would if he was stalking a herd of elk.

The full moon shone from behind a small cloud, lighting the forest floor around him. Remembering what he had to do to stay out of sight, he quickly made for the shadow of a fallen log. Trying to make himself invisible to any watching wolves, the whole point of this 'mission' was to stay out of sight, as Death had put it.
    He waited for a few heartbeats for the moon to disappear again before he crawled out of his hiding spot. No more than a few bearlengths away was a patrol of about three wolves, flattening his ears Fang headed for an outcrop of rocks by a small stream. He peered around the point of the boulder he was crouch on and watched the patrol as it moved past him. Four, he thought, there should be four wolves. He waited as the patrol passed and crawled up a bit further on top to boulder, for the wolf he knew would take up the rear. There!. He flattened himself closer to the rock so as to act like an extension of the boulder. Gathering his hunches beneath him he prepared to spring forward.

He landed squarely on the wolfs shoulders and twisted around the wolfs head aiming to close his jaws around the wolfs throat. Remembering what Scar taught him, he held on just long enough for the lack of air to knock the wolf unconscious. Trying to make as little noise as he could, so as to not alert the nearby patrol he dragged the wolf by its scruff and into an overhanging in the rocks, where it would not be found until morning.

Moving his way after the patrol he quickly dispatched two of the wolves, leaving the other to run away into the foliage. He broke into a full out sprint weaving his way around tree trunks until he leaped out and into a small clearing where Death and Meeka sat, waiting. "Well done."

Last edited by WolfCreekCity on January 16th 2012, 00:33; edited 2 times in total
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin January 13th 2012, 21:51

The small grey female, Luna, smelled something interesting near the border. She knew she shouldn't stray far from the rest of the patrol, especially not when two of her brothers pups were joining them for their first patrol. It wasn't that she didn't trust Solei to look after the two whiter pups, Aniu and Nanuq, but there was safety in numbers, even if Russ, River and Bear were trailing a short distance behind with Eclipse. The younger wolves had their mothers speed and had been told if anything was to happen they were to race back to the den to raise the alarm, and she had no doubt that would be exactly what they would do. She picked up her pace to catch up with the rest of the wolves when something large caught her full in the side and she felt a pressure over her throat. She attempted to whimper a warning but it came out muffled and quickly everything went black.

Solei was on high alert when Luna didn't return to the patrol as quickly as anticipated. He thought he could hear a short scuffle and his hackles rose. He gave the younger wolves the signal they had been taught back at the den and they continued to walk along as if nothing was amiss. They needed to draw their adversary out where they could see it or them. A stray branch cracked a short distance behind them and the two white youngsters took off at a speed that their mother would be proud of. Solei spun in time to be barrelled into by the muscly grey wolf, but he didn't know if there were more coming. Not liking his chances as a lone wolf he quickly turned and darted into the trees, weaving to throw his pursuer off his tail before he backtracked parallel to their regular route in search of the second patrol.

Shadow was pacing back and forth restlessly as she waited for the first patrol to return. Her hackles were up and her sons were watching her anxiously. They knew their mother did not take kindly to threats against her family, and it was taking all her self control to not race to the border and make boundaries clear. If they left her alone, she would leave them alone.

The large black alpha's both turned in time to see their grandpups return at a breakneck pace and Shadow didn't even wait to hear what they had to say. She tore out of the clearing with her pack on her heels, headed straight for the the place where the second patrol should be.

Bear looked up as Solei quietly picked his way towards them. He had deliberately picked a path that would allow the other patrol to scent him before they saw him to avoid any unfortunate incidents. Bears hackles immediately rose. "Where's Luna?" he whispered almost accusingly at the stocky black male.

"You know what she's like, she found something that spiked her curiosity and fell back... then we were attacked..." Solei whispered back with a tinge of guilt. He knew they were meant to stay together but he had let her fall behind. This never would have happened if his albino brother Arrow had been in charge instead.

Bear's hackles rose and his heart began to race with the possibilities. It had taken him so long to find her, to convince her (and her mother... that had been the hardest part) that he had good intentions and now he may have lost her?

He chuffed in frustration and picked up the pace with his nose to the ground. "The young ones?" he asked, hoping the answer was to plan and not as tragic as his missing mate.

"As planned." Solei replied with his nose to the ground.

Russ growled low and circled off to the side, following the strange scent. The rest of the patrol gathered around, hackles rising at the smell of the strange wolf on their territory. The group split in two, Solei and Eclipse, both as blending in perfectly in the shadowed surrounds followed the patrol route and the three brothers followed the strangers scent. They hadn't survived so long as rouges by playing gently with strangers.

Eventually the two paths collided and continued off into the undergrowth. Bear growled deeply as Shadow and the rest of the pack trotted up. Russ and River payed their respects to the alphas while Bear continued to follow the mingled scents until he saw the limp grey form of Luna. He bounded forward and sniffed her over, nudging her as he went. She was still breathing and was making small whimpering noises as he checked her over. Her eyes slowly fluttered open and his heart leapt into his throat. She was the most beautiful creature he had ever seen and someone had hurt her. She tried to stand up groggily and fell back down. shaking her head to clear some of the wooziness she tried again. She was a little unsteady on her feet but finally managed to stay upright and take a few tentative steps forward. Bear stuck to her side like a burr and escorted her back to the rest of the pack.

Shadow sat on the border line, her pack fanning out around her. She knew they were an imposing sight almost thirty wolves strong. Cannon sat at her side as she scanned the area on the other side of the invisible line. She spotted a paler patch amongst the shadows, and a pair of blue eyes staring back at her. Shadow's golden eyes narrowed to a glare and she growled a low warning, the rest of the pack following suit. She continued to glare and spotted two more sets of eyes watching them from the cover of the thick undergrowth. When they made no move she snorted in disgust and the rest of the pack began to melt into the trees with the exception of herself, Cannon, Ranger, Suka, Arrow, Bear and Dash. All her best fighters remained at her side. When there was still no movement from the observing strangers she turned and kicked dirt over the border, scenting the border heavily with the scent glands in her pads and disappearing into the forrest with the rest of her family. If they tried to pull another stunt like that they would pay with blood.
    WolfCreekCity
    WolfCreekCity

Aries Rat

Post by WolfCreekCity January 14th 2012, 01:59

Death was glad he had found Scar when he did, because the older wolf had had a lot more experience than he did and had a lot of tricks he still hadn't told his alpha about. The only one Scar had taught the pack was the one Fang had used last night, who was grateful he'd learned it, because he didn't have to 'hurt' any wolves in the process. Death still thought Fang was too soft but he had to admit he was turning into a great fighter. At the moment Scar and Fang were patrolling the border Fang had passed through a few nights ago, so there was only himself and Meeka at their den. He had sent Phantom, Esylk and Arithena out of their territory in search of a few strong loners that would up there pack in strength.

The sun was almost half way to the horizon when Fang and Scar had returned. They reported more activity from the other packs patrols, and a lot of scent marking. Death just nodded, yawned and stretched out already knowing this sort of thing would happen. Meeka just hoped Phantom would be back soon enough so they would have to whole pack to go hunting. The prey they'd caught not two days ago was only small so it had not lasted long, even if they was only fours wolves feeding off it. Just about every night Death was sending Fang into the other packs territory, whether it was to hunt a rabbit, attack a patrol or to just annoy the alphas. But Meeka couldn't help but wonder when he will get caught, as it was bound to happen some time soon, and how Death would react if Fang was captured or even killed.

A few days later Death caught the scent of his brother on the wind and by the look of it so had Meeka. She looked at him, her blues eyes gleaming and he sniff the breeze again understanding why she was so excited, there was the scent of some wolves Death had know all his life and of one or two unfamiliar wolves. Death stood as Phantom walked out of the trees with Esylk and Arithena next to him.

Death looked past his packmates and to the five wolves walking behind them, of those five two stopped at the edge of the small clearing that they'd chosen for their dens. The other three, two of them were dark grey and looked identical, the only way you could tell them apart was the misshapen eye of one of them, the other wolf was light grey, kept walking forward until they were only a few taillengths in front of Death. You could tell they were all litter mates even if you didn't know them only because they shared same coloured eyes; dark gold, and all their coats faded to white at their bellies and front paws.

Death greeted them each with a slight dip of his dark head. "Dawn, it's good to see friends again so far from my old home."

The lighter wolf, a female, sat down with one of her brothers on either side of her. "And it's good to see you too, old friend." Her gaze flicked over Fang, who stood not far behind his alphas. "The last time i saw him, he was only a little ball of grey fur." Death's ear twitched, "Yes well, he's come good since then, but I'd like to know who they are." He flicked his tail at the two wolves standing at the edge of the clearing.

"They're just some rouges we picked up not long ago, great hunters but poor fighters." The two wolves shifted, uncomfortable under Deaths piercing gaze. "Thats actually why we're here, we were coming to find you and ask you to train them up a bit. Phantom found us three days ago and brought us here." Death just nodded and summoned Scar, who already knew what he had to do.

"And we were thinking of join you, for good this time." Dawn stood and a smile spread across Deaths face.

He was at it again, this was the fifth time Fang had been sent into the other packs territory late at night, including the first time he was told to do so. He knew Death just wanted to stir up trouble, that's just Death. He'd been stirring up trouble with many packs in the past, but this was something else. Death always had a reason for everything he did and normally Fang would know why he did what he did but this time not even Meeka knew why he was making Fang sneak into another packs territory almost every night.

Fang was too caught up in wondering why Death was making him do this and he didn't even notice the two wolves standing in front of him, he'd just been wondering aimlessly through their territory his mind somewhere else. Fang panicked, he'd never been caught before and he'd never even thought about would to do if he did. But now that he had been caught he just turned tail and ran back to the border, but before he'd even made it a few strides a large dark shape barreled into him from the left and the two wolves tumbled in the dirt and Fang's head landed on the hard dirt and he heard a small cracking sound. He tried to gain an advantage and get up first but the other wolf was quicker than him and it planted a large forepaw on his throat and growled menacingly.

Fangs head was spinning madly and he could see black spots appear in his vision. He knew he was going to slip unconscious because he had felt the same way many times when he was training with Scar, he shook his head anyway trying to stay awake, but failed. Just before everything went completely black he saw a large group of wolves form a tight circle around him, some of them he could see smiling and others were laughing.
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin January 14th 2012, 10:58

The scent of Luna's attacker was all over the territory and it had Bear and his brothers on edge. Russ and River had approached Ranger with their plan shortly after the incident and he had smiled in wolfish anticipation. His pups had been on that patrol and it was his sister that had born the brunt of the attack. They would have fun with this one once they managed to get their teeth into him...

Arrow and Dash emerged from the tree line apparently unnoticed by the intruder. Arrows pink eyes narrowed in suspicion as they approached the day dreaming wolf. His albino complexion usually made him difficult to hide in the dark but this wolf clearly hadn't noticed him yet. As anticipated when he saw them approaching he turned tail and ran straight into Bear who attacked him a little heavier than anyone had planned. There was a sickening crunch as the intruder collided with a small boulder and the two brothers winced in sympathy. Their main aim had been to shake the poor beta up, not maim him.

Even though Dash was the older of the two he looked to Arrow questioningly, after their parents and Ranger, he was the next in line for the alpha role and Dash was quite happy to take a back seat on an issue like this one. If they dragged him back to the den, the strangers might think they were holding him against his will, or had killed him. If they left him on the border they could take the accident as a planned attack and retaliate. If they did nothing he could die from his injuries... It was not a decision he envied, and if Bear wasn't called off soon it may not be one either of them needed to make. The large male had taken the attack on Luna personally. His brothers had turned off Midnight and Eclipse, but were content to stay with, and protect the pack and their brother's mate. They had a good life here.

Bear was standing threateningly over the limp form of the invader and growled in frustration with the white wolf told him to stand down. He wanted to rip the stranger limb from limb and scatter his remains across the border and couldn't see the alphas disapproving if he did. He growled low and bared his teeth before Arrow stepped forward and he had to lower his head in submission and move back. He continued to bare his teeth and growl, but a sharp look from both his companions cooled his temper momentarily. There was no fun to be had tearing him apart while he was basically a corpse to start with. He wanted to hear him yelp like a dog...

Dash sighed at the hate that was evident in Bear's eyes. It was going to make the task at hand more difficult. He scruffed the stocky wolf and began to drag him to one of the bolt dens a short distance from the main den. They couldn't risk taking the stranger there.

Once they were settled they sent Bear to fetch Eclipse in place of their mother. Her temper was too short to ask what was needed of her and Eclipse had learned nearly all there was to learn from their mother, and to send his brothers. They were also annoyed that their brothers mate had been attacked but had more level heads about the whole situation. They also told him to update Ranger on the current situation.

Eclipse was such a dark grey she almost appeared black in full sunlight. At this time of night she was as dark as her mother, the only distinguishing feature the scar over her eye from the battle with Ice's pack. She trotted purposefully with the two large brothers on her flanks. It felt wrong to be escorted anywhere on her own territory but she understood the necessity. She took one look at the limp dark form and the blood matted fur on his head and her stomach flipped. It was worse than she thought. There was little she could do right now but try to keep him warm in an attempt to ward off shock. She dragged him under the cover of the hollow stump that served as an emergency den and curled herself against as much of his body as she could cover. His scent was unexpectedly pleasant and she began to feel sleepy. It filled her nostrils and settled in her fur. She hoped it would make him less likely to attack her if he awoke in a confused daze, although Russ and River were there to step in if anything untoward happened. She made a mental note of the closest source of willow for when he awoke. It had a terrible aftertaste but worked miracles on pain and fevers. Confident she could make a quick dash when the time came she settled down. Small shivers were passing through his body at an increasing rate and she grew more concerned. "Russ... Go grab some of that willow back near the last lot of boulders we passed... River, get in here... on the other side, as close as you can..." It was less than a thirty second dash to the tree and back, and then she dragged Russ in on heating duty too. Eventually the shuddering subsided and his breathing evened out. She banished the brothers back outside to keep watch and breathed a small sigh of relief, almost certain they were past the worst of it... She remained curled against his back, resting her head on his flank just in case... she told herself quietly, taking a mental note of where Russ had let the willow she had sent him to fetch.

Ranger snorted in frustration. Trust Bear to stuff the whole game up. He had a message to deliver. His uncle Striker and Solei came along side to the border. They sat in the open to wait.

A light grey and brown female came past on a routine patrol. "A moment if you please." He said rather formally. He stiffened when he realised his uncle was all but drooling at the small brown female. He attempted to ignore the distracted shuffling of the pale blanketed wolf at his side and growled a quiet warning that only the wolves at his side could hear. Striker stilled and the females were tense but seemed to be willing to listen judging by the questioning looks he was receiving.

"Your pack mate went for a wander and took a tumble. He hit his head quite hard." Striker continued with a grimace. "The pack are doing all they can to make sure he pulls through. He will be free to return to you as soon as he is recovered... If he recovers..." Ranger could feel the rest of the pack creeping up in the undergrowth and settling into defensive positions just in case things took a turn for the worst.

WolfCreekCity
    WolfCreekCity

Aries Rat

Post by WolfCreekCity January 14th 2012, 20:57

OOC: Just wondering, but what season is it?

-------------------------------------

Fang slipped in and out of consciousness all through the night and following day. He always knew this would turn around and bite him in the tail, but it was just a matter of time until he got caught. He had dreams of the large wolf ripping open his throat or dealing worse injuries, but slowly making him die. He even had a nightmare that he hadn't had since a was a pup and it pulled him into an uncomfortable sleep.

Fang cowered under the roots of a large oak tree, his tiny paws trembling with fear as Death stalked up to his mother, his black fur rippling from the movement of his bulging muscles. He'd always been afraid of Death but never this much before in his life. His mother was crouched low to the ground, her dark belly fur fanning out around her. He'd never looked like anyone in his birth pack, his mother's coat was similar to Death's and the rest of his pack were browns, reds and only ever dark grey.

Death was nose to nose with his mother now, ears flat against his head and teeth bared. "I'll ask you one more time, why were you going to leave us. Your mate is dead now and we've killed all but one of your pups. I think he will make a great addition to my new pack when he's old enough." Fang's mother growled at Death furiously, her family was almost all dead, she gathered her hunches beneath her and leaped at Death clawing at his eyes. Her attack met her mark and her claws ripped at the side of his eyes. Death leaped backward howling with rage and swung an over sized paw at her, she flew to the ground and Phantom rushed over to her holding her down.

From the shadows Fang whimpered, he knew Death had heard him but he was to well concealed that Death couldn't see him. Death knew he was watching so he turned to Fang's mother and Phantom, he nodded and Phantom smiled sinking his teeth into his mothers throat. Fang howled and ran out of his hiding spot, barreling straight into Death.

Fang woke with a start and found himself whimpering, breathing deeply he calmed himself, laying his head back down when an unfamiliar scent hit his nostrils. Wait, what am i doing here. Suddenly he remembered being attacked by some wolves and then ending up here. Where's here? Fang jumped to his paws when he realized he was in another packs territory and one of their females was sitting at the entrance to the small den, she was accompanied by two larger males. Fang crouched low knowing he had to get out of here, but how. He leaped forward moving as fast as his clumsy paws would allow him to, which wasn't nearly as fast has he would have liked and barreled into the female, trying to leap over her but falling short and landing on her back. He heard her yelp with surprise and he tried to get up fast enough to get away from the males. He couldn't remember why he needed to get way but something in his gut told him to. Even with his surprise attack the two males were on him almost instantly, one of them growling at him. "Were do you think your going."

Dawn sat calmly three paces from the border watching the other wolves and looking at them each in turn with her golden eyes, Esylk wanted to go back and fetch Death, but Dawn only said he would react negatively and try to start a fight. She knew there were more wolves lurking behind these three males but didn't say anything of if. "He always was a bit of a wanderer." She looked over at Esylk, a knowing glint in her eyes. She turned back to the three males speaking to all of them but no one in particular, "Just send him back when he's strong enough." She stood not waiting for a reply and stalked into the undergrowth, a moment later she realized Esylk wasn't with her. "Esylk! Come, we have to get back and report to Death." She waited for the smaller female to catch up before she started walking again.

Death smiled when he heard the news. "I always knew he would come in handy." He stalked up and down in front of his den, where Meeka lay resting. "He's injured though, you say?" He stopped pacing for long enough to wait for Dawns response looking at her intently. He start pacing again when she confirmed it, "Well i suppose not everything can go well all the time. Did they suspect anything?"

"No, i don't think they did." She looked at the glow in his white eyes remembering the day when Fangs mother had almost blinded him.

"Good good, everything is falling into place, just as we planned."

Last edited by WolfCreekCity on January 14th 2012, 22:55; edited 1 time in total
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin January 14th 2012, 22:24

OOC: I think its around mid autumn. Most of the pups are hunting and fighting now and learning the ropes, i know IRL it generally takes 2 years but for the sake of the story the pups generally take 1 year to be reasonably independent, but 2 years before they start looking for a mate, taking off etc.

Eclipse shook herself in frustration and spun around to glare at the dark wolf. She stalked forward menacingly forcing him back into the hollow until his rear haunches hit the back of the hollow tree. She looked at him with her best impersonation of her mother's stern face and huffed in frustration. "Chew on that." she motioned to the willow branches on the ground next to him. "It tastes terrible but it'll help get you better so you can go home..." she said shortly, feigning anger. "And hopefully you'll stay there." she muttered under her breath sitting heavily back in her previous position. She saw the suspicious look he was giving her and she rolled her eyes. "It won't kill you, look..." she said as she picked up a piece of the branch in her mouth and began to chew, narrowing her eyes a little at the bitter taste. It wasn't something she needed to take but she chose to just to prove it was ok. Once the branch stopped juicing she spat out the remaining branch and watched him pointedly. "Look. Once you take it you can come out, have a drink... take care of anything else you may need to then you'll have to come back here and rest. You are too far away from your pack to go back yet. You wandered quite a way over the line..."

She had mixed emotions about the stranger. He had attacked her sister, but she had seen him at his lowest point and it was hard not to feel protective of him. She had licked his wound clean on the second day between bouts of consciousness. At least while he was knocked out he couldn't feel the pain. She watched him waiting patiently. She was perfectly comfortable but she imagined he would be parched and in desperate need of a bush. She could wait for hours if she had to, and then she knew one of the brothers would step in if she needed a break. She added as an afterthought "I'm Eclipse...and you are?"

Striker gave himself another mental shake. The grey wolf had been beautiful sure, but it was the small brown wolf that froze him in place. When the wind changed direction and he caught her scent it had taken all his self control not to race up to her like a lovestruck yearling. It was only Rangers quiet growl that snapped him out of it and he remembered what a precarious situation they were in. He flopped back down in his den with a sigh. He needed to get some rest before patrols tonight, and his sister wanted to go and check on the rouge.

Shadows temper had cooled over the last few days as she had a chance to assess their current situation. She knew there wasn't really enough big game on the other territory to support a pack, and they had more than enough access to unclaimed hunting areas on the opposite border. She knew there would be some grumbling from the younger members of the pack when she made her decision known but it was the right thing to do and may help to ease some of the tension between the two packs.

She gathered her family at the den with the exception of those who were watching over the intruder and made her announcement. As expected there was some grumbling amongst the ranks but she bared her teeth threateningly until there was finally silence. She didn't necessarily trust the alpha male as far as she could throw him but the female may yet show to be more reasonable. She planned on making her offer to the strangers when they returned the intruder, who's name she still didn't know, until then, her pack would leave the area she had set aside alone and begin moving their hunting to the new designated areas.
    WolfCreekCity
    WolfCreekCity

Aries Rat

Post by WolfCreekCity January 14th 2012, 23:46

Fang had chewed on the willow just as the dark female had ordered, but he still didn't feel quite right in the head. He knew he had trespassed into another packs territory and they had not been too happy about it, but he couldn't remember why he'd done it. He kept hearing them talk about another pack, a pack he could have come from, he was trying to remember but his memories failed him. Why can't i remember, he growled sourly, I can't even remember who i am! He shook his head a fell back into sleep and waking up in what felt like minutes but it must have been over half a day.

When he woke he looked around for the female who'd called herself Eclipse, he remembered her asking him his own name but nothing had come to him. So he had just shrugged off her question and didn't answer, though as much as he wanted to tell her what it was.

The next time he woke up it was past midnight and he sat up groggily. He shook his head and immediately regretted it, his vision spun for a moment and then cleared. He felt better than he had a few days ago which was a good sign, he hoped. Sitting there and staring out at nothing he realized just how much he was at the mercy of these wolves. He felt stronger than he did days ago but he was still a little unsteady on his paws, and he knew he wouldn't be able to defend himself if they decided they had had enough of him.

It had been days since Esylk had last seen Fang or any of them had and she was just starting to wonder if they would ever see him again. She was the saddest of all of her pack mates, because she and Fang had treated each other like litter mates, even though they were not at all related. She wandered through her territory totally at a loss, she had nothing to do with her free time anymore other than patrol by herself or laze around watching the rest of the pack all day.

Grumbling she stopped suddenly, realizing she was just paw steps from walking right over the border. Her eyes went wide when she saw a patrol heading toward her, she backed up from the invisible line she was about to walk over and crouched down hoping they wouldn't see her. She was grateful for the mixed colours in her coat that let her blend in easier than other wolves. She almost bolted when the grey wolf she'd seen the over day look over the border and right at her, but she willed herself to stay still. She knew he was older than her and she could not help but admire his sleek grey coat and lean muscl-no! No! Death would kill her if he found out she was even thinking that. I'm loyal to Death and Death only. She repeated that to herself multiple times. Eventually the patrol left and so did the grey male and she mentally sighed.
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin January 15th 2012, 00:34

Eclipse watched the stranger sleep concern painted clearly on her face. He had ignored her question about his name and danced around any subject relating to who he was. He was still a little wobbly on his feet but she had to concede he was probably strong enough to return to his pack. Something tugged at her inside and she gave herself a mental shake. She would be able to go home to her brothers and sisters. She would be able to hunt again and could stop playing nursemaid. It was for the best.

Striker strolled along with the patrol a little distance behind the others. As they approached the main length of neighbouring border he found himself scanning the surrounds almost anxiously, hoping for any sight of the small brown female. He saw a streak of brown and then nothing. He grinned to himself silently and paused for a moment looking straight at where the blur had stopped. It took a moment to pick out her small camouflaged form. Their eyes met for a moment before he continued on patrol. He shook his head with a small grin. If he didn't get a chance to talk to her soon he would drive himself insane.

It was the news she had been waiting for. She made her way to the border with Cannon at her side. She needed to speak with the alphas of the neighbouring territory. The intruder was well enough to return and would make his way back to them at his own pace, with a small escort of course. She made herself comfortable a short distance away from the border in plain sight and waited with her mate at her side. Eventually the other alphas arrived and she gave the smaller white female a grin. She had a feeling under different circumstances they could be friends. She met the large black males white eyes unflinchingly and turned her attention back to the female, choosing to address her counterpart instead of the male. After all the good of the pack and its offspring was more of a female concern than a male one.

"I am Shadow and this is my mate Cannon. Your wolf should be well enough to begin making his way home later today, but there may be some lingering...issues... He appears to have forgotten his name...or has simply chosen not to share it..." When there was no visible concern shown by the other alphas she continued. "There is a large area to the west of here that is frequented by large game. We looked to expand into your territory several times before you arrived but chose against it because it doesn't provide enough food to sustain a pack, let alone one as large as ours..." she took a moments pause to allow them to process what she was saying. "No matter how often we hunted there we struggled to put a dint in the population. We have moved our hunts to the other side of our territory. With pup season just around the corner the last thing you want to have to worry about is feeding your family. Feel free to hunt there as you need."
    WolfCreekCity
    WolfCreekCity

Aries Rat

Post by WolfCreekCity January 15th 2012, 02:33

Meeka walked through their territory and headed for border they were only going to bring Phantom and Dawn with them, but end up bringing Esylk with them as well. She had insisted on coming but didn't tell her alpha why. Death hadn't been happy but Meeka had welcomed the smaller brown female, knowing they should bring at least half of their strongest fighters just in cause something started. Meeka and Death sat in front of their pack mates, eyes unreadable and silent until the dark female, Shadow, who was obviously the alpha female, had finished. At the mention of Fang returning home today, her tail stiffened and she hid it by curling it around her paws. she didn't bother to look at Death to know he'd keep any concern out of his face.

Before Death had any chance of replying to the dark alpha, Meeka stood, careful not to step over the border and flick her tail across his face. She dipped her head in acknowledgment, "Thank you for allowing us access to hunt there, I'm sure your pack wouldn't have liked it though. But alphas word is law."

Esylk search Shadows ranks, looking for the familiar grey fur. She should know better than to hope for anything to happen, especially being that Death was her alpha, but she couldn't help it. There. She thought she cold see him but she wasn't sure. She flinched when she saw Death's white eyes narrowed, watching her, quickly she moved her eyes away from the male wolf and looked at her paws. If Death caught her, she would surely be dead when they got back to the dens. When the alphas had finished their exchange, Meeka turned around and walked back to the denning area with Death matching her stride for stride, Phantom and Dawn followed suit leaving Esylk standing there alone. Her gaze flick over Shadow and their yes met, with a twitch of her tail Esylk had disappeared into the trees.

Fang crouched low to the ground, his head almost resting on his paws and his tail tucked under him. He looked up into the alphas eyes, "Please don't send me back there, i don't want to go back." He hoped the alpha wouldn't send him back, he didn't completely understand himself why he was asking but something told him to. His eyes flicked to find Eclipses for a moment and quickly flicked back to looking at Shadow, he hoped she hadn't noticed but he didn't like his chances.
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin January 15th 2012, 03:51

Shadow's eyes narrowed at the exchange between the alpha and the small brown female but her face was a calm mask by the time he turned back around. She knew Strikers position in the ranks and sighed internally. He had been moping about something for days and she had a sudden realisation of the probable cause. She watched the neighbouring pack return to their den and turned to do the same, but first she had to go and check on her daughter.

Eclipse paced back and forth outside the den waiting for her mother. She had to distance herself as much as possible. She was torn, but he already had a pack, and they were expecting him to return. She looked up as her mother approached. Words weren't needed. She stepped back resignedly and let her mother take over.

Her daughter smelled strongly of the intruder. It was to be expected after this many days but the only reason for it to be so strong was from close contact. It was getting worse by the minute. Her daughters were all strong willed, and her brother was naturally a troublemaker. He had been reigned in lately and had stepped into his role within the pack well since he had joined them but she always knew his true nature wasn't far from the surface, and never closer than she had seen this morning. Shaking her head in resignation she stepped forward to tell the intruder it was time to go.

The cowering wreck at the mention of returning home was the last thing she had anticipated. They had already told his pack he was returning to them, it had never crossed her mind he may not want to go. She thought for a brief moment. They were sure to have wolves waiting for him. "You will be escorted to the edge of the border by Russ and River who will either see you cross it or not. Eclipse will stay here until nightfall. Where you go from the border is your own decision." She would need to post extra watchers at his drop off location and advise them that if he turned back they were not to attack. She wasn't accepting him as pack just yet, but she wasn't going to run him off when it would clearly cause her daughter so much pain. She appeared a lot tougher on her family than she actually was. She exited the den to advise Eclipse on the new development.

If he returned to the small den she was allowed to show him the territory, but he was not to approach the main den yet. Where her daughter stayed was her own decision. She was old enough to leave if she chose to and Shadow didn't want to force that decision on her.

Exhausted by the days events already she turned back to her own den where her mate was waiting. The leaves were changing quickly and the winter would soon be here, and beyond the winter snows came pups. Given their large brood the previous year she sighed with the realisation that next spring would potentially bring a larger brood than last year.

Eclipse fought the temptation to follow the brothers to the border. Her almost white uncle Striker and blue-grey sister Samari were waiting with her at the bolt den. Her uncle seemed distracted, mostly facing outwards so all his nieces could see was the light grey blanket that covered his flanks and rump. It was almost as if he was waiting for something... or someone...

The small bolt den was far enough away from the main den that there was no risk of anyone who was staying here accidentally stumbling across it. It was well positioned, a short distance from several prime hunting locations, and close to a small stream that eventually, via several splits joined up with the small creek that passed the main den.

She fought the itch to run after the brothers and contented herself with catching up with her sister. It had been so long since they had had a chance to just talk.

Dash crouched close to Blood as they waited on the border for the intruder to make his decision. Bear had been ordered to watch the almost grown pups with Luna and the alphas. It was almost as if his mother didn't trust the new addition although his volatile temper had them all on edge since the night Luna was attacked.

It had seemed like forever since they had run together. Between the pups and patrols and the new pack on their border... He inched closer to the reddish wolf at his side and leaned against her reassuringly. Now the pups were getting bigger they would be able to start having some quality time together again. Once this drama had played out they would run and hunt before returning to the den. It was well overdue.

WolfCreekCity
    WolfCreekCity

Aries Rat

Post by WolfCreekCity January 16th 2012, 00:32

Fang lay on the border of the two packs, waiting for something to happen. It had been two day's since he'd left Shadow's pack and all the little bits he couldn't remember had started coming back. He hadn't wanted to go back to Death, but the wolves that came to collect him hadn't given him a choice. Death was furious with him and hadn't controlled his temper, which resulted in Fang getting, what would turn out to be an ugly scar when it was healed, from the corner of his right eye, running along his muzzle and to the corner of the left side of his mouth. It was irritatingly itchy, but he refused to scratch it. In his anger Death had also banished him from the main dens until he sought fit to let Fang return.

Esylk walked through the forest, placing her paws lightly on the red and brown leaves that had started falling from some of the trees. Winter was just around the corner and she could already feel the heaviness in her coat as it thickened with the cooling weather. Not far ahead was the grey stretched out form of Fang laying close to the border. She picked her way around the trees and lay curled against his back, saying nothing.

Death had not only banished Fang from the rest of the pack temporarily but he had also forbidden anyone from making contact with the grey wolf. But Esylk would not stay away from him. She could not. they were like litter mates and she could not stand him being alone day and night for how every long Death had decided for. Fang's scratch had been an ugly sight when Death had given it to him, but already it was starting to heal.

Fang was grateful for the warmth and closeness of another wold, especially Esylk. He had almost got all his strength back ever since the little incident that had happened just days ago. With his eyes half closed he looked out in Shadows territory, not sure what he was waiting for but waiting for something.
    Kike
    Kike
    Special Member
    Special Member

Aries Rat

Post by Kike January 16th 2012, 00:56

Blood leaned against Dashes side in the dapple sun, lazy and content. She smiled seeing her sisters pup play fighting with one from Shadows newest brood. Her red fur had started brightening from the darker browns it was turning and he was looking stronger every day. Kallik had also grown quite large and had put on a little muscle on since she'd had a growth spurt, while Niru was still small. She was more sleeker than her sister was and Blood knew she was going to turn into a beautiful wolf when she matured.

Both of her daughters had crowded around Taqqiq and the pup he was play fighting with, and so had the rest of the youngsters in the pack. Blood stood and flicked Dashes ear with her tail, beckoning for him to follow and they disappeared into the forest.
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin January 16th 2012, 02:52

Eclipse had waited past moonrise peering hopefully into the distance but he didn't return. Crestfallen she had wandered back to the den with her uncle and sister and retreated into her own little weather protected nook a short distance from her parents den.

Russ and River had looked to each other concern clear on their faces as the other wolves had all but seized the injured wolf as soon as he crossed the border and dragged him off into the trees. They had passed the information on to Shadow who had looked concerned. It was up to each wolf whether they remained with a pack or not, and the two brothers were more than aware the effect the injured male not returning would have on Eclipse. They saw her return shortly after moonrise and decided to keep their distance for now. She needed time alone before they revealed the events of the evening to her.

Dash had to fight back a howl of joy as he followed Blood from the den leaving the pups under the watchful eyes of their extended family. Once they were far enough away not to be heard he kicked into his top gear and sprinted, loving the feel of the wind in his fur. He wasn't worried, he knew Blood could catch up to him in a heartbeat, he was more muscle than speed these days, something he hoped to improve on with the help of his mate.

She was furious as she stalked towards the two brothers. "Two days?!?!" she said accusingly. "TWO DAYS IT TOOK YOU TO TELL ME THIS?!?!" She was going to rip their throats out, they would wish they had never come here. They hadn't even made a move to prevent it happening at all. Several wolves got between her and the brothers who were quickly backing away from the furious female and she gnashed her teeth in frustration.

"Peace..." her uncle Striker begged and she turned her rage on him.

"Which piece? His throat or his tail?!?"

Striker had to grin, she was so much like her mother when she was in a temper.

He eventually enticed her into taking a stroll with him neither having a specific destination in mind, but before either of them knew it they were standing on the border looking into the territory of the other wolves.

His scent still clung to her fur and it was driving her to distraction. She even began to consider going for a swim in the cooling weather to try and get it off her. She was so distracted by the smell she didn't realise where they were until her uncle suddenly stopped and she scanned the area in front of her.

Her breath caught in her throat when she saw the wound running down his face and it took all her self control not to race across the border to him. Her uncle seemed to be having a similar internal battle and she looked at him puzzled and then back to the grey form on the ground. It was then she noticed the tawny brown female at his side. She was a similar colour to Bayak and Naira, but without the black accents on her flanks and haunches. A sudden knowing look crossed her face and she tried not to openly stare at the female.

She didn't know what to do, but she knew she couldn't cross the border. Not unless she was leaving her pack for good, and she had no intentions of leaving the safety of her family, or at least not via this border. She was sure she would be dead before she exited the other side.
    WolfCreekCity
    WolfCreekCity

Aries Rat

Post by WolfCreekCity January 16th 2012, 04:27

Fang's ears pricked forward when he caught her scent and he looked up to see Eclipse standing across from him on her side of the border. The look on her face told him how bad is scar was. . He stood up and walked to the invisible line separating him from her. He didn't know where to start. "Look, I'm sorry I didn't come back the other day. I really wanted to but they didn't give me a chance, they just said Death wanted me back right away. So I went with them, wandering what he wanted when he gave me this." He jerked his head up, motioning to his almost scar. He looked in her eyes hoping she would understand. "Then he banished me, told me not to come back." A mixture of emotions were flashing across her face and he only just realized how much he must have hurt her. He swallowed before continuing, "I'm Fang, by the way. Can you forgive me?"

Esylk hardly heard Fang talking to the dark female, she just stood a few paces from the border line, knowing she wasn't aloud to cross it, and looked at the grey male. She still didn't know his name, but she was too scared to ask. She looked at Fang and realized he was speaking to the dark female, "Fang, what are you doing?" Fang just flicked the tip of his tail, ignoring her.
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin January 16th 2012, 05:42

Eclipse pranced nervously in place, pain painted clearly on her face. "Well if you've been banished get over here!" she almost pleaded. Her mothers invitation still stood as far as she was aware. It tore her apart that he had been hurt again and she smiled a small smile and chuckled, so excited to see him again. "You're lucky my mother taught me how to patch up wolves as accident prone as you..."

Striker could clearly see the discomfort on the small browns face as Fang started talking to his niece. Looking at them side by side the their scars almost matched, with the exception of Eclipses being much smaller.

He strolled a short distance away and sat at the border like the others and motioned the brown female over, she seemed a little shy so he gave her his warmest smile. "Youngsters." he said with mild exaggeration rolling his eyes jokingly. "I'm Striker. I've seen you a few times before..." he said casually attempting to start a conversation. "Have you been exiled too?"
    WolfCreekCity
    WolfCreekCity

Aries Rat

Post by WolfCreekCity January 16th 2012, 06:02

Fang looked at Eclipse with his eyes shining, he was glad she hadn't hated him for leaving like he did. With a nervous look behind him be stepped over the border to stand beside the darker female, you never knew who could be watching them. He felt relief wash over him when the larger grey male didn't do anything to him for crossing the border. He sat next to Eclipse and felt her push her head into his thickening fur around his neck and he mentally sighed.

Esylk's eyes widened. "Banished! I wish I was!" She exclaimed. When Death had scarred Fang she'd felt like sinking her teeth into her alphas throat. She wanted to leave the pack with Fang so badly it hurt. But she couldn't bare the thought of Death finding out and then coming after her, like she knew he would, even if it was to kill her himself for leaving him. "Esylk come with me." Fang pleaded with her. But she shook her head, "I'd love to come, but Death would hunt us until we were dead." She looked at Striker for what she thought would be the last time. But the look in his eyes changed her mind. She didn't care what Death would do, I'm sure a pack as large as Strikers would be able to stop him without much effort. "Very well then." She walked over to join the three waiting wolves. "I'm Esylk." She addressed Striker.
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin January 16th 2012, 06:27

The two wolves were grinning so wide they were sure their faces would split in half. Eclipse headed in the opposite direction of the bolt den and Striker looked at her questioningly for a moment before the realisation struck him and he had to laugh out loud. If they were being watched, any wolves would come searching for them in the wrong direction and if she was headed where he expected they could never be tracked. He was proud of the young wolf and ceded the lead of the procession to her, dropping back next to Esylk. "She's a tricky one. They won't find our trail without provoking an all out war. We're large and capable enough on our own, but the brothers, our next to newest additions..." he added with a smile "still have friends in these parts that would be more than willing to help out. See Shadow, my sister and alpha, lets them hunt on our territory and sleep in some of the further dens when they are passing through. Two or three males aren't really a risk to us and they don't eat much. In return, they help to increase our patrols and add to our numbers in case of a major threat..."

The ground was getting extremely rocky underfoot and they would soon reach the granite sheet. Thunder clouds were rolling in overhead which would only aid to further cover their tracks and scent. As they continued to zig-zag across the granite the first fat rain drops began to fall. He heard Eclipse pass back an apology about the detour and he turned to the wolf at his side. "Hope you don't mind getting your paws wet..."

As they rounded a boulder the fast flowing shallow stream came into view and Eclipse stepped in unflinchingly and continued to trot out to the centre of creek and continue on their way. There was no chance of their scent being picked up now, and there were so many twists and turns unless a wolf knew exactly where they were going they would be hopelessly lost in minutes.

It was a long wet winding journey to the chosen bolt den. It was on the opposite side of the territory to the one they had been at previously. This one was more roomy and had been dug out under a large flat sheet of rock that was jutting from a hillside on an angle. "Welcome to our temporary home..." Eclipse said with little fanfare as she shook out her wet fur and smiled at Fang reassuringly. Striker knew it would be his job to inform his sister of the latest additions and he was loath to leave Esylk alone but he knew they were as safe as they could possibly be until they were moved to the main den, and that would depend on the verdict of Shadow and Cannon.

They weren't too far away, it would be a quick trip. Eclipse looked at him and nodded and he lowered his head in recognition. "I have to go talk to Shadow, but I'll be back as soon as I can. Make yourself comfortable."

As he left he heard Eclipse begin to settle the new wolves in and talk conversationally with Esylk so she didn't feel like a third wheel in the compact den.
    WolfCreekCity
    WolfCreekCity

Aries Rat

Post by WolfCreekCity January 16th 2012, 07:06

Fang curled up in the back of the bolt den, trying to get as far from the rain as he could. He didn't like thunderstorms at all, he never had and never will. When the loud crashing and booming of the thunder started he tried not to flinch, the last thing he wanted was for Eclipse to know thunderstorms frightened him half to death. He felt Esylk's eyes on him and turn his head to met them, she smiled tightly, knowing how uncomfortable he would be and then she turned back to chatting with Eclipse while they waited for Striker to return.

He tried to fall asleep but sleep never came, the crashing thunder kept him awake. When at last he just gave up and shifted closer to Eclipse. He hoped the storm wouldn't last to much longer. He wondered how long it would take Death to realize he and Esylk had left him, not that Fang really cared about him anymore. Finally the steady rhythm of Eclipses breathing helped him to fall asleep.

Death sat out in the rain watching the patch of trees Esylk had disappeared through earlier in the day. The storm had just started in his territory and the rest of the wolves in his pack had sought shelter, but he sat in the middle of the clearing waiting for a wolf he knew would not be coming back. Meeka had been with him for a few moments but retreated into the cover of their den, telling him to just let it go. Death knew Esylk had spent the afternoon with Fang because he'd had her followed.

Finally he gave up and stalked back to his den, shaking his soaked through black fur before her curled up around Meekas sleeping figure.
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin January 16th 2012, 07:24

Shadow sighed deeply as she took in her soaked brothers fur. "Alright, bring them in. But if anything happens its on your head got it?" she said sternly. They were running out of den space and it might soon become necessary to move the main den, not a process she was looking forward to. The nearest suitable site was over a day away. Although they sometimes stayed there while they were chasing the migrations it would make defending this border almost impossible. She watched Striker disappear into the storm and settled herself down close to Cannon with a small grumble. It was turning into one of those events that left her wishing they could just run away together again, just the two of them, and start over somewhere new.

The rain was beginning to ease off as he approached the den but a second storm was on its tail. It was probably the only chance they would have tonight if they planned on going back to the main den. He walked in with another splitting smile on his face and Eclipse knew the verdict. He watched as she gently roused Fang and explained it was probably the only break they would get.

The four wolves bolted from the small den and reached the main clearing before the skies broke open again. Shadow nodded at the two new wolves in acknowledgement and then turned back into her den. There would be time for proper introductions in better weather. Striker watched as Eclipse lead Fang to her den and turned to Esylk. "Theres an empty hole over there..." he motioned with his head "Unless you'd like to join me?" he added trying not to sound to hopeful. Now he had her in his sight he was reluctant to let her out of it. Something deep inside him was urging him to get to know this new wolf better.
    WolfCreekCity
    WolfCreekCity

Aries Rat

Post by WolfCreekCity January 16th 2012, 07:46

Fang was grateful to be able to sleep again but this time it was a little easier because the thunder had eased off and there were no chatting females keeping him up. Small droplets still clung to his fur as he settled down next to Eclipse. He wondered how tomorrow would go, with most of the pack knowing about him as being the intruder. He also wondered who Eclipses sister would react when she found out that her attacker was staying here. He tried not to dwell on it too much but the thought that the pack might drive him off, even though Shadow had let him stay, worried him.

Before he knew it dawn was already arriving, he grumbled and slapped a paw over his eyes but instantly regretting it. He winced when pain lanced through his muzzle. Slowly creeping forward, he stuck hid head out of the den and watched as he first of the pack started rousing. Today was not going to be fun.

Esylk had chosen to spend the night with Striker, even though the thought of spending her first night away from the pack she'd virtually grown up in, with a wolf she barely knew. But Fang had gone off with Eclipse so she knew she would not be able to sleep with him. Though in the morning she must admit that she had slept very well.

She was not looking forward to her first day the her new pack and knew that Fang would have been feeling even worse, especially sine he had been the wolf giving this pack so much trouble to begin with. Esylk had always an early riser and was one of the first wolves up though she dared not show herself until Striker, Eclipse or Shadow was out there first. Looking across the clearing she could she the faint shape of Fang head partly sticking out of the den he'd been sharing with Eclipse. He was watching her and she was watching him, she smiled and ducked out of view waiting for Striker to wake.

Last edited by WolfCreekCity on January 17th 2012, 02:56; edited 1 time in total
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin January 16th 2012, 07:59

Luna was out and about play wrestling with the pups, feeling particularly perky and playful. She looked to her sisters den knowing the wolf that had bought her down was in there somewhere. She knew he would be feeling anxious and although Bear was a little disgruntled he had calmed down enough that it was safe for him to be at the main den with the rest of the pack. Her mother was up and Luna decided the easiest way to break the ice was to unleash her inner clown.

She broke away from the pups and dashed to her sisters den, dropping her front half in the entrance with her rear in the air, bouncing from side to side to block the pups who were anxiously trying to nose their way in. She smiled at the grey wolf crouched in the corner, he looked slightly concerned and she giggled. "Cool move by the way. It's not often someone gets the drop on me like that..." she laughed at her sisters snort and backed out of the den, baiting the pups away with her.

It was common knowledge amongst the pack that since Bear had come along she had developed a tendency to day dream and it was also common knowledge as a result she paid the least attention in all of the combat lessons their older brother attempted to organise. She was however, an amazing pupsitter.

Striker had been watching Esylk's tense form for what seemed like an age before he finally decided to give the game up and stood up stretching and yawning. He casually walked to the entrance of the den and looked back at the wolf at his side. "Well are you coming?"

Even Eclipse had tensed when her sister had all but burst into her den, but she should have known better. Very few of the younger wolves in this pack held grudges, they left that to their parents. If Their mother was willing to forgive, they would too. She smiled reassuringly to Fang and exited into the cool morning sunlight, turning to Fang with another smile. "Well come on, Esylk is waiting for you too you know."

Last edited by becuffin on January 17th 2012, 00:42; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added Eclipse)
    WolfCreekCity
    WolfCreekCity

Aries Rat

Post by WolfCreekCity January 17th 2012, 03:04

Fang followed Eclipse out into the morning light, there were a few wolves already up and about. He recognized the gray female that had poked her head in just moments ago and sighed, hoping she could forgive and forget. He wanted his new life in the pack to start without having any enemies, but he was not so sure about the large brown male that was watching his every move a bit to closely from the other side of the clearing.

Ruffling his fur, he followed Eclipse as she lead him over to where striker and Esylk were waiting. Shadow was already up as well, watching as her pack walked about, either play fighting or grooming each other. Though Shadow had let him stay here, he was still unsure whether the rest of the pack would accept him. He sat at Eclipses side. "So who is who." He needed to get his mind of somethings and having Eclipse talk to him about her family was the best way to begin.
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin January 17th 2012, 04:50

Eclipse laughed. "There are a lot of us, nobody expects you to take it in quickly." She glanced around and started with her sister who was still romping with the pups. "You've already met Luna. The one over there giving us the looks is her mate Bear. He was a bit hard to contain for a few days but he's calmed right down now. Just give him a bit of time. You've already met Russ and River, they're Bears brothers. Obviously mother is over there, and father too..." she smiled watching her parents groom each other. The two black wolves were imposing when they needed to be, but moments like this reminded her they were her parents as well as her alphas.

"Umm... the pups... The two tawny's are Bayak and Naira, they're my brother and sister. They stand out a bit, and the little white one with the black stripe is Aniu. Her brother with the grey stripe is Nanuq, and the little blonde is Kanosak. Chulyin is the other pup from their litter, the little black one, they belong to Ranger and Suka. Ranger is my big brother and his mate came from the snows in the north. She still smells like ice..." she grinned. Her big brother was as large as her father and his arctic mate with her mismatched eyes looked tiny at his side but she was a fierce fighter and speedy too. She was easily underestimated.

"Lets see... Oh, the two little greys, one almost white and the other one darker? They're Kallik and Niru, Blood and Dash's pups, and the bigger red? Thats Taqqiq. He was Bloods sisters pup, the pack decided to attack us because we had taken Blood in when she was half dead... It's how I got this... and I was only a yearling then..." she cocked her head flashing her scar with a smile. "Anyway, after they were dealt with Blood and Dash adopted Taqqiq, not realising they were having pups of their own." She was pretty sure that was all of the pups and their parents covered.

She then glanced around the clearing pointing out her litter mates. "They albino one is Arrow. After the alphas and Ranger he's the next in charge. You ran into Solei with the white pups on patrol..." She motioned to the stocky black male who practice wrestling with Dash. "The black over there with the bluish-grey is Midnight, and the blue is Samari...and of course you already know uncle Striker." She finished with a sigh and a smile.

Shadow motioned Arrow to her side and he quickly complied. "Take Bayak and Kanosak..." she had picked the two youngsters for their natural curiosity. "and have an adventure." she said with a small smile. Her son's confused look made her smile increase even further. "We need a new den site. One large enough for all of us that isn't a days travel from the nearest hunting ground or decent water source for half the year. Let them do what they do best." Arrow nodded in acknowledgement, a small smile on his own face as he went to round up the chosen yearlings. Bayak and Naira refused to let him leave without them and when Shadow nodded her consent the small party left the main den site. It seemed the new wolves were being accepted just fine so far. She gave her mate a small grin and leaned against his side. She loved when things just worked.

She watched the first patrol get ready to leave and she shook her head. They wouldn't patrol until later, and they would double their numbers if they were going to go. Half in sight, made up of their resident rogues, and half made up of the pack shadowing amongst the trees. They wouldn't be taking any risks until they knew the pack over the border held no bad feelings towards them, which she strongly doubted.
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin January 21st 2012, 08:06

OOC: Hasn't been a reply for a few days and the youngsters are gnashing their teeth to get on with it so I'll continue on. Kike, hope you don't mind me writing in Taqqiq (feel free to take over Wink )

Kanosak could hardly be contained when his uncle Arrow told them what they had been tasked with. Taqqiq had also quickly caught them up and the golden and red wolves raced ahead of the others. Kano was intent on being the one to discover what their grandmother had tasked them with. He was itching to prove himself an asset to the pack and hoped one day to rise amongst the ranks like his father Ranger and uncle Arrow to lead his generation as an extension of his grandparents dominance. The younger wolves hasn't yet had a chance to prove themselves so they hadn't yet established a pecking order.

They had been travelling for half the day and had stopped by the raging river for a drink. Kano scanned the area, the steep hill with its jagged cliff faces would make a great vantage point. It was completely by chance that he spotted the small fissure in the cliff face and his curiosity got the better of him, as usual. He approached the jagged opening and looked up, spotting several others at different heights, all accessible but invisible from a distance. He stepped into the first cave tentatively and breathed deeply. Nothing had lived here for a very long time.

As he explored further back he noticed a small tunnel leading further into the hillside. He couldn't smell anything threatening so proceeded further in, following it until he could see daylight streaming in ahead. The exit was slightly overgrown with brambles and he forced his way through, snarling branches pulling through his golden fur. When he emerged he found he was at the top of the hill. He could see one of their usual hunting grounds to the east and another across the river, and his family below, still by the river looked like mice in the woods. He threw back his head and howled to alert them of his location and smiled as the younger wolves spun in confusion and Arrow looked up at him and began picking his way to the hill.

Kanosak bolted back down the small tunnel and popped out of the fissure just as the rest of the wolves found him. His uncle seemed impressed and the smaller arctic cross puffed himself up with pride. Further inspections of the rest of the caves found similar escape routes in the majority of them. There was some evidence wolves had lived here once but they were now long gone. Arrow nodded his agreement that this would be a perfect new den site and they headed home, his pride only increasing with every step they took.

Shadow listened silently to the description Arrow gave her of the potential new den site and nodded her head in agreement. They would all go and check it out tomorrow. She smiled approvingly at the little golden wolf who had found the potential den site. He was growing quickly and while he and his siblings would always be slightly smaller than their other pack mates they were showing a tenacity and resourcefulness that she was sure they would all need in the very near future. Winter was coming and something told her it would be a nasty one.
    WolfCreekCity
    WolfCreekCity

Aries Rat

Post by WolfCreekCity March 10th 2012, 04:11

Death stalked through his new territory, still furious over Fang and Esylk leaving his pack. They were now down to ten wolves in his pack, which was not nearly as much as he would have hoped. He relaxed slightly when Meeka brushed up against him, with the rest of their pack trailing behind them. At least i know the rest of my pack are loyal. A small growl escaped from his throat and he felt Meeka tense next to him. Reasuring her with a lick on her muzzle he continued forward until they came to the edge of a small herd of deer.

He crouched low and waited for his pack to fan out beside him. Arithena, Dawn and Krokodyl, Dawns brother with them mishappen eye, slipt off from the pack and quietly circled around the herd until they were in an opposite position to the rest of the pack. Phantom stalked around to the right of the pack cutting off any escape from the right and scar did the same, heading to the left. Death watched Dawn poke her head out from behind the tree she was crouched behind, her eyes locked onto an old female and then she looked back at Death, who nodded.

On Death's signal Dawn and the two wolfs accompining her sprang from the shadows. Arithena ran threw the herd splitting the old female from the rest of the herd chasing it into a waiting Scar. The older wolf nipped at the animals heels forcing it into the waiting jaws of Meeka, who lunged at its throat. Bringing their prey down the pack howled their victory as the moon shone through a brake in the clouds. Their voices traveled through the night and Death hoped the other pack could her them, he hoped Fang and Esylk could here them in perticualar.
    WolfCreekCity
    WolfCreekCity

Aries Rat

Post by WolfCreekCity June 13th 2012, 00:00

OOC: So i thought I'd send another post just to get things rolling again:)

Fang felt overwhelmed by the amount of wolves there were in Shadows pack and he was now only realizing just how much Death's so called 'plan' wouldn't work out. At least not with the size of his current pack and with Shadows pack still in its prime. Death had lead many small packs, but they all ended up dying because they weren't strong enough for the things Death dreamed of. The closest he'd ever come to having a mega pack only lasted just over a year when poachers came through and wiped most of them out. The small pack they had now were only the remainders of the pack he once controlled.

"That's a lot of family you've got." He remarked. The only family he'd ever know for very long was Deaths. He'd been brought up by the black wolf since he'd basically opened his eyes. "So when are we moving?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 19th 2024, 02:56