Zoo Tycoon Paradise

Hello, and Welcome To Our Winter Paradise! We Hope You Give Us Some Feedback On Our New Skin and Features. Have a Nice Time Here at Zoo Tycoon Paradise! Smile

~sesrocker & slg (The Admins Here At ZTP)

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Zoo Tycoon Paradise

Hello, and Welcome To Our Winter Paradise! We Hope You Give Us Some Feedback On Our New Skin and Features. Have a Nice Time Here at Zoo Tycoon Paradise! Smile

~sesrocker & slg (The Admins Here At ZTP)

Zoo Tycoon Paradise

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paradise For Zoo Tycoon Fans!

+3
Okami
realprety
becuffin
7 posters

Wolf RPG

realprety
    realprety
    Bronze Rank
    Bronze Rank

Registration date : 2008-10-19
    Number of posts : 108

Wolf RPG - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolf RPG

Post by realprety January 19th 2009, 09:59

Cannon set back as did Shadow. He sat back and saw Striker wrestling. This is taking too long Thought Cannon as they continued fighting. Cannon turned and said to the pups who were watching intently, seeming intrested. This is what you do if theirs an intruder on your land He walked over to where Striker and the tawny male fought...

Striker could sense Cannon getting up. He then heard what he said to the pups. This is what you do if theirs an intruder on your land. It must have been taking longer than he thought. He watched as Cannon walked over.

Cannon walked over to the male that was pinned down on his back. [/b]You have intruded on our land and eaten our food, You now pay the price.[/b] Cannon bent down and snapped the intruders neck easily. He pawed at the body, showing his dominance over everyone.

Striker hung his head slightly as he walked back to his home. I had it perfectly under control... didnt I? He thought to himself as he layed down.

The male pups said it was cool, but Maia didnt seem to really care. Cannon started walking to the creek. Lets go take a swim, today it is a very hot day. When they got there, the pups romped and played in the water while Cannon and Shadow sat and chatted. The cool water ran past their legs, all the way up to their stomachs, which felt good from the heat.
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Registration date : 2008-11-05
    Number of posts : 184
    Aquarius Cat
    My Pet : Hippo

Post by becuffin January 19th 2009, 10:37

The water felt wonderful and cool, but the day was finally catching up with Shadow. She knew there would be repercussions for the days events, but was far too exhausted to dwell on it at the moment. "Striker!" she called out, suppressing a yawn in the process. "Can you move your tawny friend away from the bunnies? Otherwise they'll never come out again..."

Striker grinned and headed off into the trees. Taking his cue from the warnings he encountered when he first his sister, he moved the wolf to the border with the new pack and ran back to grab the rabbit carcass, carelessly throwing it onto the body of the intruder. The message was clear.

The dead wolf had ruined all of her plans for the afternoon. They still had to hunt, but there was no guarantee they would be successful with three fresh wolves, and the rabbits would remain underground now until tomorrow, too scared to venture out while ever the smell of wolf was at their door.

The family set out towards the top stream discussing tactics as they went. Striker caught up to them just as they reached their destination. The elk were wandering noisily in front of them. The pups were excited and nervous. Now was not the time for discussion. The wolves moved into position.

Shadows sharp hearing could pick up on the blundering steps of her young pups, every step sounding an alarm in her mind. They were lucky the large creatures they were stalking made so much noise and did not hear her less than cautious offspring, if they charged now, someone could be trampled.

She winced as Maia stuck her head out from the cover she was using, clearly visible to anyone looked around. There was a bellow from a mother who had spotted the young wolf and in an instant, the herd began to move. Dash and Ranger broke cover, chasing their fleeing meal, and after a short delay in response Maia joined them. Shadow conserved her strength and walked into the clearing where the Elk had been, chuckling at the scowl on Striker's face.

"Is everybody's first hunt like this?" He asked Shadow, knowing full well it was not the case.

Cannon came to join them and Shadow leaned against him affectionately. "Yours maybe, but not mine. They've just got to grow into their feet... and learn to keep their heads down..." Shadow replied, loudly enough that the pups could hear. Maia's head visibly dropped at her mothers words. There's always tomorrow... Shadow thought as they headed back towards the den. Tomorrow was not a day she was looking forward to.
    realprety
    realprety
    Bronze Rank
    Bronze Rank

Post by realprety January 24th 2009, 15:45

They went to sleep and woke up the next day. A new day, a new hunt. He tried to explain what to do when you hunt. Whatever you do, DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT get under their feet, you will get trampled. Oh, and dont blow your cover, as soon as they see you, they dart. And i noticed yesterday, you were walking very loudly, do it like this. He said, before crouching and showing them how to walk without a sound.

Striker rolled his eyes, watching Cannon's lesson. This is stupid, why dont they allready know? He walked around as he continued talking. He scratched on the trees boredly. Finally Cannon was done with his little speech.

You understand now? They shook their heads yes and they started walking. The pups tramped one way, Shadow and Striker the other. Cannon stood toward the middle to get in from the back. They were quieter, but still slightly noisy. This time, Maia made to watch her head, and keep it down. They went for one of the young, with cuts on its leg. They charged and Ranger grabbed on one hind leg, Dash on the other. Maia hooked on its sides with her claws. They knocked it down sucessesfully. They then bit into its neck, but it wasnt killing it fast enough. Cannon, Shadow and Striker all went and bit its neck to kill it.

They dragged it home and ate until their stomachs bulged. The pups were so excited that they danced around what was left of the carcass. Cannon licked Shadow and said to the pups Im very proud of you guys he smiled.

Striker was glad that even though he had to wait for Cannon, Shadow, and pups to eat, he still ate good. The lesson had paid off.
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin January 25th 2009, 02:44

The day went smoothly after that. The pups went down to the stream for a swim while the adults relaxed in the shade and soon it was time for bed. Shadow fell asleep curled up next to Cannon full and content. Everything was as it should be...

She awoke to a pained yelp followed closely by a warning snarl and was out of the den before she opened her eyes. If she had been running any faster her paws wouldn't be making contact with the ground. Her heart was racing and she knew exactly where to go. Ahead she could see a black furry lump shivering under Striker's paws. He was standing protectively over her, daring the other wolf to come closer.

Shadow didn't even pause to assess the situation, launching herself at the other mother, winding her opponent as she charged into her rib cage. She caught an ear in her mouth and shredded it, quickly catching hold of the other wolf's throat. This would not be quick and painless. She was not prey.

Her eyes met the terrified eyes of Maia who still hadn't moved. A quick glance to the right and she saw the young pup her daughter played with, knowing full well the death of the mother would mean the death of the pup, and then would she really be any better than Cannon's father?

She dropped the winded and half strangled stranger, who jumped to her feet and fled. Shadow gave chase, nipping her near the base of the tail as she left, but stopped once she reached the border. The pup was quick to follow his mother.

As Shadow watched them flee, three more wolves came out of the woods and walked after their wayward pack members. One was the honey colored wolf Shadow had met nights before. Shadow gave a warning growl and the honey wolf nodded in understanding. Control your pack, or we will control them for you...

Adrenalin still pumping through her veins she turned and growled at Maia, giving her a warning nip of her own before following her limping daughter back to the den. Once there, she sent Ranger to the back entrance of the den and Dash to the front. Striker followed her to the stream.

"I was keeping an eye on the den and I saw her leave, so I followed her. The mother said something about us killing her brother..." Striker dutifully reported, "And she wasn't too happy about the stinking half-breed playing with Maia either... like she should be the one upset about it..."

Shadow finished drinking silently and returned to the den. Maia was cowering in the den and flinched when she saw her mother. Shadow quickly assessed her daughters condition. She had a cut across her right eye, which was already swollen shut. It would leave a very distinctive scar and it was unclear yet whether or not she would ever see out of it again. Her left ear was torn, and judging from the way she was limping on the way home, she either had a torn muscle in her right rear leg or it was broken. Shadow was praying to the wolf gods it was the former rather than the latter. Muscle tears were heal-able, a broken leg could leave her lame, or dead from infection.

She left the den, again without saying a word and slumped down in the sun outside the den. Silently contemplating their predicament.
    realprety
    realprety
    Bronze Rank
    Bronze Rank

Post by realprety January 26th 2009, 21:55

OOC: omg, i feel bad for my puny post compared to your wonderful epics Sad
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cannon growled at Maia and avoided eye contact. She had really done it this time. She had given him her word that she would tell them when they were going, and their she was, getting hurt by sneaking out. "Thanks Striker" Cannon muttered under his breath to him. If it weren't for him, Maia could very well be dead. Cannon walked over to Maia, who was still whimpering. "Stop whimpering" He barked, she shut up immediatly, the pain still obvious. So sneaking out is a good idea now i see? Well, that will all be changed now. You dont even understand how deep you are now. Im pretty sure that your leg will heal and you will survive, but we cant be too sure of that now can we? The only reason your alive now is because of Striker, and the only reason you will keep living is your pack, so get used to it." His words were harsh, but he meant them all. She lowered her head, ashamed.

He walked over to Shadow. "I know its harsh, but we have no other choice, we have to talk trash for her to understand, this may be life threatening. What else is there to do?" He walked over to Ranger and Dash, who were sitting next to each other silently. "Take this as a lesson you two. What me and your mom say may not sound right, but it is the best advice you can get, the only advice you can get" It was true. Him and Shadow were all they, and Maia for that matter, had.
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin January 28th 2009, 02:08

lol, don't feel bad, I've had a lot of practice and i have imagination to spare most of the time...Everyone gets writers block, just play it out in your head a few times before you sit down and write, always helps me! Very Happy
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Several weeks had passed since the two mothers clashed on the border. Maia's wounds had mostly healed. She still had trouble seeing out of her injured eye, and had an obvious limp. Shadow still prayed that one day it would away...but her hope was fading with the turning of the leaves. It would be winter again soon, and every wolf would need to pull their weight and earn their meat.

Shadow snarled as Maia knocked a rock with her rear leg, and the young wolf shied away. "It's clumsiness like that that has been making hunting so hard on the rest of us!" She said harshly. Every time Maia had insisted on joining the hunt she had done little but make mistakes and cost the pack their dinner, and it was showing. The whole pack had lost weight, living off rabbits after the larger prey had been spooked. There had never been so few rabbits on their territory.

Shadow was torn between her love for her daughter and the welfare of the pack as a whole. Something would need to change if they were going to last the winter, if the pack was to keep growing. Maia had fallen a long way in a short time, even Striker was known to snarl at her now, something he never would have dared to do before.

It was then that she noticed the scent...Moose. She salivated as she stalked forward...
    realprety
    realprety
    Bronze Rank
    Bronze Rank

Post by realprety January 28th 2009, 12:20

OOC: Hey, Maia will be in red, cuz i dont want to have to write for her in a diffrent point of veiw :-S
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Maia, you stay home for this one. Its hard enough as it is. He growled and walked forward with Shadow, Striker, Dash, and Ranger. They walked until the scent was so strong they could taste it. They all knew what to do when they surrounded the moose.

Maia let out a low rumbling growl. I can do it. Their just being stupid! She thought madly. What did she ever do? Make a friend out of the pack for once. She walked into the den and curled up. Her stomach was growling, much as the others were probably doing.

Thank the wolf gods Maia isnt coming. She had cost them many meals. Their would be more additions to the pack soon, and they would need to store all the food they could get in the den.

They singled out a moose that had slight injuries. It wasnt severly injured, but it was the best they could do. Cannon, Shadow and Striker went in first this time, they couldnt risk losing the meal. They knocked it down while Ranger and Dash came in, helping them kill it.

Finally! Food! He barked happily and ran around in circles. When he saw the look in shadows eye he knew he needed to stop and help carry their catch home.

Carrying went quickly, after all, their were five wolves carrying it. It was a big one, a full grown female. As they arrived, the dropped it and quickly started eating. When Maia went to eat, someone would move in her way. Cannon thought She didnt help catch this meal, she can eat last They ate until their stomachs bulged out and they contently sighed. They all moved away from the carcass to let Maia eat. Their wasnt to much left, but thats what she gets.

She walked straight up to the carcass. As she did, Ranger and Dash got in the way. She went to the other side and Cannon was right their where she was going. She saw where this was going. They ate for what seemed like forever. Finnaly they backed away from the carcass. Finally!! Im STARVNIG She ran over. All that was left was few scraps they hadnt seen or eaten. She slurped up everything. She even ate skin.

Cannon felt some what sorry about not feeding Maia, but they need food for their energy, and she didnt do anything anyway, so why would she need that much food?
    I edited this so i could say- lol, I just noticed its in red, white, and blue. [Its american :-P)
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin February 3rd 2009, 01:07

OOC: sorry its taken a few days, last of the visitors went home yesterday, the house feels so empty!
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________

The pups had finally moved out to find dens of their own. They still spent every day as a pack, but it made sleeping much more comfortable.

Shadow stuck her nose out of the den and grimaced. Snow.

Shadow remained at the entrance of the den and watched as the rest of the pack wandered forwards. Her stomach was beginning to bulge again, but not from food. She was worried with the late onset of winter that her pups would be born before the snows melted. She knew it had been snowing elsewhere for about a week, but it had finally broken through their dense tree cover and blanketed the ground.

Maia still carried a slight limp, and she had been working hard to improve her hunting, but still missed more often than she succeeded. She had begun to sneak back to the border again. Dash, Ranger and Striker took it in turns to follow her, before reporting back to Shadow and Cannon. She was at her wits end. She would not run to her rescue again.

She stretched before leaving the den. The whole pack would hunt today.

They headed off in the direction of the herd. The cold was making Maia's limp visibly worse. Shadow met Cannon's eyes. They could not afford to miss another hunt this week. She quickened the pace a little, Maia began to fall behind. She quickened the pace again, until there was no chance that Maia would reach them before the work was done.

They slowed as they approached. There was a large male moose who had been injured fighting for a mate. He was an easy kill. They ate on the spot. They were too far away to carry such a large kill home. When Maia finally caught up, she didn't even try to approach the kill until the others were done. When Shadow was full she wandered off to lay in a small patch the snow had not yet covered. She felt a sudden pain in her stomach and whimpered nervously. What is going on? she thought to herself, trying not to panic. They were a long way from the safety and warmth of the den.
    realprety
    realprety
    Bronze Rank
    Bronze Rank

Post by realprety February 3rd 2009, 19:53

Cannon heard Shadow whimper, and her looking down at her stomach. He wasnt good when it came to pups, so he panicked and ran over. He bounced from paw to paw nervously. He usually showed her confidence and reasurrance, but now, all of that was out the window and he looked worse than her. Wh-Whats happening?! He asked, his voice shaking. She looked up with eyes that reasurred him only slightly. But then panic really sunk in was when he had a flashback.

The female in his group, that had gotten pregnant without perrmision was groaning. Uncontrollably. Cannon, her, and the youngest litter of pups were the only ones there. He wasnt too old, only about a year. He came out from the den where he had been crying and walked over to her. She looked him straight in and asked "Why?" Before collapsing. He ran over to her and nuzzled her, but no movement came. When the pack got back and saw him nuzzling the dead mother, they jumped to conclusions, saying he killed her. He finnally convinced them he didnt, and they found no injuries to prove he had.

He licked Shadow and quickly said Lets get to the den! He grabbed her by the scruff of her neck as if she was a puppy and took most of her weight off of her as they quickly walked to the den.

Maia saw her mother and father quickly going to the den. She was worried, and looked at the others for comfort, but all she caught was Strikers usual mean eye and Dash and Ranger's worried expression. She danced nervously and let out a little bark.

Striker glared at Maia, daring her to go to Cannon and Shadows den. It was their buisness, and was not to be mettled in. He sat back on his haunches in a area that wasnt covered in snow. He watched the pups wandering around and looking at each other. He didnt know why he still thought of them as pups, they were almost full grown. Maia probably wouldnt last through the winter without sharing a den with Shadow and Cannon, she could barely catch a single rabbit on her own. But personally, he hadn't grown attached to her from the start. He did have a favorite among the three. Him and Ranger were friends, but he had always connected to Dash. When the water was warm, him and dash would splash each other, and play like Striker was a puppy too. But when Cannon would look at him with that look, he would stop. Cannon obviously only accepted him for catching food, and they weren't good friends.

Cannon and Shadow finally made it to the den, and her groaning had died down some. I think the pups were kicking or something He said not really sure what had happened. He was just glad it hadnt turned out like the mother in his pack.
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin February 4th 2009, 03:22

Shadow was grateful for the help getting back to the den. Once they got there she curled up and laid down. Once she stopped moving, the pain subsided.

"They don't seem to appreciate running as much as I do..." She said with a smile, her exhaustion obvious in her tone. She could see that Cannon was still worried. Eventually, he wandered down to the creek to get a drink. Just as she was just beginning to doze off when a white and grey nose poked into the entrance of the den.

"She's gone again..." Striker said in a slightly frustrated tone. Dash prancing nervously next to him. Maia was too old to require babysitting like a 6 week old pup. He watched with slight concern as Shadow slowly lifted herself to her feet and winced.

"Cannon is down at the creek..." She said, trying to keep the pain from her usually calm and confident voice. Dash raced off to tell his father. Striker looked at her closely.

"They can't come this early, can they?" he asked his sister with slight concern in his voice.

"No." She replied simply. There was more on her mind than stomach pain. Something had her convinced there may be more than one litter of pups this year, and they were having trouble surviving as it was...

She watched as Striker left, following a scent trail Ranger had left. She would stay at the den for this excursion.
    realprety
    realprety
    Bronze Rank
    Bronze Rank

Post by realprety February 4th 2009, 12:06

Cannon heard someone behind him. He spun around to find only Ranger. "Yes?" He asked Ranger told him about how maia was off on one of her little trips. "Well I'm not gonna be the one to get her this time, if you run into her, tell her i said that if they try to kill her, im not helping her!" Ranger looked shocked as he ran off to tell her.

Maia licked the male of which she just mated with. He was a half-breed, but the nicest she had ever met. She knew her parents wouldnt agree, but she had to live a little. I better be getting home now, my parents will be looking for me. he replied "Cmon, just a little longer baby" She shook her head and started walking towards the den. She stopped dead when she saw a figure jump in front of her. She was only slightly releived to find it was Ranger. But he started walking closer, and she got worried.

Cannon ran back to the den, happy to find Shadow was laying down okay. Ranger is getting Maia, she ran off again. He reported madly. She just had to run off while they were having problems didnt she? He layed down next to Shadow and snuggled her comforingly.

Striker wondered around for a few minutes. He was bored and decided to go to the creek before it completely froze over. Lapping up the cold water. He was more relaxed now from all the drama from that day.

Maia saw Ranger walking closer. Closer than he ever comes. He said "I know what you did, i can smell it. We cant afford more pups. We allready have mom's pups on the way. You didnt even ask" He walked closer. "Wo-Woah Ranger, calm down. We'll be fine." He took a step closer and shook his head. Im only doing this because mom and dad wont. She looked at him with her head tilted. He jumped forward and latched onto her bad leg. She screeched and fell. His teeth dug in until they hit bone and tore through muscle. He then backed of and ran towards the creek to wash off the blood. She layed their defenclessly, blood not so slowly dripping out of her leg.

Cannon saw Ranger run back in. Dash was the first to see him, as he was walking around outside the den. Hey Range, did you find her? His face looked grave as he replied yes.
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin February 5th 2009, 03:05

OOC: Ranger decided to talk to me today, thats a first! (we're going to run out of colors soon! Razz) Hope you like it...
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________

Shadow slowly got to her feet and wandered down to the creek while Cannon was taking a nap. She watched as Dash, Ranger and Striker romped in the freezing water. She laid down in the shade and waited for Ranger to approach her. There was something he wasn't telling them earlier...

He could feel his mother watching him with her warm golden eyes. The same eyes that had helped to keep him safe as a pup, that had seen so much more than he had, and he felt safe. An overwhelming sense of gratitude for his parents filled him from the point of his nose to the tip of his tail, and he was confused.

How could she betray them like this? After all their parents had done for them? Fought off an invading pack, saved her life? Supported her where others would have left her to die? How could she?

He wandered towards his mother and laid down a short distance from her. She smiled and his heart ached for what he was about to tell her. But it had to be done...

-----------------------------------------------------
    Shadow returned to the den a short while later, Dash and Ranger in tow. Striker took his leave to hunt some rabbits, and offered to bring some to the den for Shadow and Cannon. She knew Cannon would not like Striker hunting for him, but there were far more important matters at hand, and she didn't want to be alone.

She was exhausted again by the time she returned to the den. Perhaps there are more this time... She thought to herself. She laid down next to her mate and nuzzled against him before relaying the tale she had been told at the creek. Before they could decide on a course of action, there was movement in the bushes...

The sun was high in the sky before Maia managed to limp home, the scent of the half-blood still so strong on her that it overpowered her own scent. Her mother growled when she tried to approach the den. Her leg was still oozing blood, and she couldn't put any weight on her leg at all. She would not be able to hunt for herself. She took in the scene before her, her mother was lying down, next to her father who was sitting. Her two brothers flanked her parents, both looked ready to pounce on an unsuspecting rabbit, and none looked inviting or happy to see her.

"Its not my fault! Ranger attacked me!" she whined to her parents.

She winced when her mother growled back coldly, "You're lucky thats all he did..."

Striker had almost reached the den with a mouth full of rabbit when he heard Maia's whining and Shadows replying growl. It made the hairs on his neck stand up. When he caught the scent of dog a growl escaped his throat and he almost dropped the rabbits he was carrying. Refastening his hold on his gifts for the Alpha pair he picked up his pace. He didn't want to miss the show.
    realprety
    realprety
    Bronze Rank
    Bronze Rank

Post by realprety February 7th 2009, 16:29

Ranger looked at her aggressivly. He would wait until the adults did something before attacking or anything else.

Cannon growled as he stepped closer. "You knew we cant afford more strain on our food supply. Do you know how much food just 3 pups use? A LOT. So you go and get pregnant? WHY? Well, since we cant afford them, your out." She looked at him confused. "Well, dont you get it! GET OUT! You are no longer welcome on our land. You have a week to get off of it completely, and will be treated as any other trespasser if you say."

Maia stared at him as if he had lost it. "But-but i can't hunt! How will i survive?!? I can't live without food!" He said without a blink "You should have thought about that before you ran off. Get off my land." She was stunned. She limped towards the woods behind her. Those stupid wolves. They dont know what they've done. But they will... Ugh, what am i thinking. I need food, and i cant hunt. She continued limping until she came to a nice spot to lay down.

Striker was shocked. He kicked her out? I never thought he would, but i would bet she'll be dead by next week. Her and her pups... meh, i really dont care. He really didnt care, even though he knew he should, it was his sisters pup, but she didnt seem too overwhelmed either. It was Cannons desision, and he was just glad he hadnt been kicked out.

Cannon looked at Shadow, decoding her eyes. Shock... Understanding? Confused... I can't tell. he thought. They were all quiet. Each about said something, but stopped short. Finnally, Cannon spoke up and said Lets all go to sleep, its been a long day
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Im so sorry i havent posted lately, but we (the cheer squad im in) are practicing for a competition. ITS IN 12 DAYS!!! so im sorry that its taken so long :-S
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin February 17th 2009, 03:09

OOC: congrats on the comp! don't worry, as you know, I've been gone for a bit too... lol
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Shadow watched on silently, from her comfortable position on the ground, it seemed the pups were settling down finally, although there was still at least one that kept kicking. Dreaming of running no doubt... she thought with a grimmace. Her mother had said that she had done the same before she was born too.

She watched the scene unfold before her, and she felt detached. It was necessary. She only hoped Maia had to common sense to try and track down the father of the pups, however dogs weren't known for hanging around.

Striker was still holding the two rabbits in his mouth after Maia had limped away. He suddenly realized how foolish he must look and wandered over, avoiding eye contact with Cannon and slinking forwards with his stomach low to the ground, making himself look smaller. He didn't want to get on his bad side today. He offered a rabbit to Cannon first before taking the other to Shadow and getting back out of the way.

Shadow gratefully took the rabbit and ate it in a few quick gulps. The runner had finally calmed down enough for her to stand up. It was no longer a question, there were more than four this time. Ranger and Dash took their leave and wandered back to the den they were sharing and Striker quickly followed them. Shadow smiled at Cannon and nuzzled up against him, before following him back to the den. The snow would not be kind to young Maia, but it was going to be a warm night for the rest of the pack who would be warm in their dens.
    ******************************************************************************************

The snow started to fall and Maia crawled under a thick bush. Her leg had finally stopped bleeding but it ached terribly. She wanted to howl, but knew she would hear no reply on this cold dark night. Something was telling her she had to move, had to leave, it wasn't safe...

She heard a rustling outside the bushes where she was sleeping and she caught a familiar scent. It was Dash, her favorite of her two brothers, Ranger had always been too much a part of the pack, he would never go against his parents.

Dash woke to hear Ranger and Striker muttering outside the den. He listened closely for a moment before making a noisy show of waking up, yawning, stretching, and scratching before leaving the den. As he suspected, the talking suddenly stopped. Ranger glared at him, as if he had an offensive scent (a common look he received from his brother of late) and Striker attempted to cover the awkward silence by talking about the sudden snowfall. Dash was disinterested and decided it would be safer to act half asleep.

He wandered past the other two and headed down towards the stream, mentioning he was feeling a little peckish and might go for a late night stalk. The other wolves gave each other a relieved look, obviously thinking they hadn't been heard. Once he was out of sight he changed course and headed towards their parents den to pick up his sisters scent.

A cold wet nose poked into the bushes and she let out an exicited whine. She was heart-broken when it was responded to with a cold, measured growl.

"The others are coming, Striker and Ranger. If I were you, I'd run off to your dog and try to convince him to leave with you, and get away, far away. You know you won't survive on your own." With that he turned and ran towards the rabbit warren, in case the others decided to check up on him.
    realprety
    realprety
    Bronze Rank
    Bronze Rank

Post by realprety February 25th 2009, 21:47

Lets try again >:-( New color! Magyver (Maia's mate) is green.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Maia took Dash's advice and started limping to find Magyver. When she was about half way their, she heard a rattling, and smelled a new smell. It wasnt pleasant. She new it wasnt her brothers, or her parents. And it definetly wasnt Magyver. She turned around and walked in the direction of it. As she walked a little further, she smelled some faint rabbit. She looked up as the towering bear above her dropped a dead rabbit covered in white foam to the ground at her feet.

Magyver heard Maia screech in the distance. He knew her voice anywhere. Why her? Of all the beautiful choices of wolf meat around here, i chose a crippled?! the only reason im going to save her now is becasue she carrys my precious pups. After they are born, bear meat she may be! he thought as he madly ran to her rescue, he hoped...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sry, short post, I dont have much time.
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin March 8th 2009, 21:15

Shadow awoke with a start, she could hear Maia's frightened yelp off in the distance. She looked around the dark warm den and knew that both herself and Cannon were safe. She rolled over and rested her head on Cannon's side and went back to sleep.

Off in the distance, the rest of the pack heard the yelping as well. Striker and Ranger changed their course, and headed towards the sound. Dash pulled away with a pained expression on his face and headed back to the den. It was not his place to interfere. He had done enough.

Ranger was leading the chase. She couldn't get away with it, she wouldn't. Pack word was law.

Striker followed Ranger. He was amazed at how quickly the young pup had grown. He would make a very capable leader one day... What? oh no!

Striker suddenly stopped dead in his tracks. He would never forget that smell. Ranger stopped and looked at him angrily.

"What are you doing? We've nearly caught her!" he said with a growl.

Without saying a word, Striker sunk down and crept forwards, peeking out from behind a bush, the bear was towering over a shivering pile of fur. Ranger came up beside him to observe what was going on.

"We need not worry. Lets go home, the bear will deal with her for us."

The two wolves turned and headed back to their dens. Striker knew Shadow would have to be told about the newest threat, but he didn't relish being the one to tell her.

Maia saw the shape of the two wolves leaving and wept. Well I guess this is the end. She thought. A winding blow hit her in the side and she flew through the air, hitting a tree and slumping at its bottom. Almost instantly there was a stabbing pain in her stomach and she yelped again and again, but she was still alive. The bear began to stalk towards her...
    realprety
    realprety
    Bronze Rank
    Bronze Rank

Post by realprety March 29th 2009, 16:30

Magyver made it to the scene in record time. He saw Maia on the ground, A blow to the head was oozing, but based just on that injury, he would continue taking care of her.
    but then he saw a blow that he knew he didnt want her back for. A slash on her stomach. This meant his pups were surely dead. Their mother wasnt very capable anyway, so he stood
    and watched. She called out for him with her weak voice, but nothing would change his mind. They were done.

Maia layed helplessly and watched as her mate completely just sat and waited for the bear. then she realized that the pups would be dead even if she lived. He was using her
    for them. this hurt her worse than the bear ever could. She layed down and waited for the last blows. Remebering all the great times with her parents. times with magyver, whether they
    were real or not. Then she remembered Dash, her favorite brother, The last thing she saw in her fleeting life was magyvers crimson eyes, and the bears great black and brown powerful
    claw.

Though striker knew he didnt want to, he had to warn cannon and his sister of the coming sickness. They couldnt risk infecting the pack just for one careless mistake on
    his part and he knew this. He made his way to the den and told Cannon the whole story, Maia's death and all. He knew that though they hated her, they would mourn the loss.

Cannon cringed as striker told him everything. The sickness was coming. they needed to move as soon as it was warm enough, and they could follow the moose or elk, which ever came
    first.
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin March 31st 2009, 09:36

Shadow heard Striker approach the den, but she was too tired to get up. She could hear perfectly well from her comfortable position within the den. She had already suspected Maia's fate. At least she didn't starve to death... When she heard mention of the sickness she got up and exited the den.

"She was on the border. It may move off in the other direction..." She said hopefully, but she knew their luck. "Perhaps we should move back to the clearing where we first met until the pups are born?" she suggested to Cannon. Moving in winter was never fun, but as a mother, her first priority was the safety of her newest brood.

As Striker listened to his sister respectfully, a plan began to formulate in his mind. "Or, instead of coming back...we could go home..." He cringed at the piercing look Shadow gave him but continued on before she could cut him off. "Trent took over. He's the reason I'm here, and he's no match for Cannon...and that simpering coyote he has for a mate was never received well by the others... Imagine how strong the pack would be? And the hunting is so easy! You know this..."

"For you perhaps. We stand out a little more than most." Shadow replied scornfully. But it had got her thinking. The territory covered the birthing tundra of the Caribou. Meals were easy to come by at the time it mattered most... But that would have to be a thought for another day. The pups would be born within the week, and a decision had to be made now about whether or not to stay.

********************************************************************************

Ranger had returned to the den he shared with his brother to break the news. He knew it wouldn't go down well. But he would rather face Dash than his parents any day.

Dash waited until Ranger had almost finished his tale before he got up and stalked out of the den. Ranger followed him outside but he sped up and his brother let him go. Before he was out of earshot Ranger called after him "The dog was there! He didn't move to save her either..."

Rage filled the young wolf as he sped up to a full run through the forest, jumping, ducking and weaving with ease. He slowed as he entered the clearing where his sisters limp and bloodied corpse was resting. The bear was gone, headed onto the territory of the neighboring pack. He picked up the scent of the dog and tracked it, instead of returning to his own territory he had decided to stay on theirs. A deep, savage growl filled his throat as the scent got fresher. Ahead, he saw the cause of all his sisters troubles, sitting casually with the remains of a rabbit between his front paws.

Dash stalked forward silently and darted in, attacking the same rear leg his sister had been lame in. He felt the muscle tear and bone crack. He relished the yelping of the intruder as he shook the leg a little more before dropping it. He didn't feel the weak attempt of self defense, which was little more than feeble scratching. He darted back and circled around as Magyver sat there shaking and whimpering, trying to shuffle backwards. Dash still wasn't sure if he would kill the stranger or not.

Ranger heard the yelping and knew it wasn't Dash, but that it had to have something to do with him. He got up again, suddenly realizing it would be a sleepless night as he tracked his brother down. Siblings! he thought with a growl.
    realprety
    realprety
    Bronze Rank
    Bronze Rank

Post by realprety April 5th 2009, 11:36

Cannon didn't even feel like getting up. He knew that the elk were moving past them, meaning so would the sickness. Their was no threat until it got close enough, even then it would be following the elk. He was just going to stay with his pregnant mate, His pack surviving and continuing was all that mattered. He stood up only to tell them this than layed back down.

Striker was shocked that they were to stay at the den. But, of course, whatever Cannon says, goes.

Cannon wiggled uncomfortably. They were all sleeping in the main den in case of emergency, And to give Shadow extra warmth to ensure her comfort since the pups were near. She kicked her legs while she sleeped, and sometimes wimpered, Either the pups were kicking, or she was dreaming about Maia. Dash had allready returned with ranger, so they were safe. Dash had a little blood still on his mouth from burying maia on the edge of the territory to keep her body safe from scavengers.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Writers block.... GRRR!
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin April 11th 2009, 00:26

It was warm, her mouth was dry. The sun beat down on her black body mercilessly. The ground cracked and crumbled beneath her feet. She tried to outrun it, but she wasn't fast enough, weighed down as she was. The earth opened up and she fell, gripping to the edge of the precipice with her front paws, her back paws struggling to push herself back up, but she was too heavy. She was going to fall...

Shadow awoke with a start, to find herself surrounded by her pack. Her mouth was dry, and the sun was up. It had been a long night, and she didn't expect the others to get up anytime soon. Wriggling her way past the furry bodies crammed into the tiny den, she wandered down to the creek for a drink. The snow was still deep. She hoped the snow would at least be partially melted before the pups were born. She heard a movement behind her but she didn't move, and kept drinking deeply. The wind changed direction and she caught Dash's scent.

She sat down and waited for her son to join her. She studied him as he walked to the creek, and was proud. The small grey ball of fuzz had grown into a mid sized, muscled young wolf. By the time he had finished growing he would rival his father for size. Ranger was the larger of the two, but he was also slower. The young wolf wandered over and leaned against his mother.

"What troubles you?" Shadow asked quietly.

Dash wasn't upset anymore, and that troubled him. He felt his mothers steady breathing and heard her steady heart beat. Her scent was calming to the young wolf and he took a moment to reply. "I'm not upset. I should be. But I'm not. Since I finished off the dog...it doesn't hurt. I don't feel bad...I'm hungry!"

Shadow laughed at her son. "Well thats one job I can cross off." She said with a smile. There was a sudden pain and she yelped. Dash looked at her worried. She gave a toothy grin and said breathlessly. "Don't worry... Just don't come back to our den...back to your own from here."

Dash looked confused as his mother trotted off whimpering, but followed her instruction and didn't go to the den. He decided to go hunting instead.

Shadow reached the entrance of the den and loudly declared 'Everybody OUT!' Sleepy heads lifted up to look at her questioningly and she growled. She didn't have time for arguments. The sleepy wolves passed her and she entered the den, laying down and waiting. It was only a matter of time.'

*******************************************************************************************************

Shadow nuzzled the six fuzzy, blind, bundles of fur that were snuggled up against her stomach as Cannon entered the den. She saw a white nose poke in the entrance of the den and growled. The rest of the pack would not meet the pups until they were old enough to go outside. It was too early, and too dark in the den to tell what color the pups would be. But Shadow knew with four girls and two boys, they were going to have their paws full...

OOC: Sorry it took a while. I switched off for a few days due to some bad news. but i'm back now! lol I was getting sick of being pregnant...its no fun!
    realprety
    realprety
    Bronze Rank
    Bronze Rank

Post by realprety April 11th 2009, 01:00

Cannon licked his mate happily. "Their beautiful" he muttered. One male crawled towards him, totally independent and going towards his dad. "Arrow" He said, looking down at the baby. "This is arrow, my son. Dont you agree honey?'' he asked. He was diffrent from the others. Yet oddly, He was pale white, not color at all. He looked in arrows eyes and noticed they were pale red. He was an albino! He had no color pigment! Cannon thought how easy it would be to hunt in the winter for his pup. The rest were smaller, and dark in color. One was grey, but also the smallest, and weaker than the others. He would let Shadow name all the girls, and most likely the other boy. He looked in her eyes. 'Ahh... the beauty of mother hood, i see it in her eyes'
    He walked out of the den to give her some privacy. The others looked at him expectedly. "I cant ruin the suprise! You can know the genders until they are old enough to come out of the den! But one is very special, and thats all im telling you." They were extremely excited about the pups. Dash and Ranger were over to the side trying their hardest to 'decode' what he had said about the special comment. He snickered and called together the hunt. All they got was a younger female moose, but they didn't want to run into any sickness, so they stuck to the very outer edges nearest their den. They ate, but left plenty in front of the den for shadow to eat when her paws werent full with the pups. She would definitely need her energy. Cannon slept with the others in the back up den so shadow could be alone with her newborns.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Sorry I haven't posted lately, I've been BUSY. I'll try to post more faithfullly from now on (sadly, no promises, and i cant post at all on tuesdays, or tomorow, got a performance).
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin April 27th 2009, 05:32

OOC: Sorry its taken a while, I have limited net access at the moment but I will reply as often as I can.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The weeks seemed to fly by and it was finally time for the pups to leave the den. And not soon enough... Shadow thought exhaustedly. The young ones were getting more and more boisterous every day. She was looking forward to handing over some of the babysitting responsibility to their older brothers.

Shadow casually wandered out of the den, with the small grey female close on her heels, her darker sisters lurking at the entrance of the den, unsure about whether or not it was safe to venture out. Dash and Ranger were looking at the entrance intently, searching for the surprise their father had promised them. Dash's tail wagged a little at the sight of his little grey sister. Little Charmer... Shadow thought with a wolfy grin at the runt.

The other male went to join his sisters nervously at the entrance until Arrow ran up behind them, tackling the small bundles of fur into the light. He recovered, shaking himself confidently and prancing over to his father, his pale red eyes glinting in the light. She heard an audible gasp from the other members of the pack and a quiet chuckle from Striker. "Sure is some surprise!" he said to the parents, who were so obviously proud of their brood. The others scuttled underneath their mothers feet again, taking in their surroundings. The older pack members slowly approached introducing themselves to their newest members.
    realprety
    realprety
    Bronze Rank
    Bronze Rank

Post by realprety April 27th 2009, 18:24

Cannon stood up, though proud of all his litter, espesially proud of Arrow. He would be great at hunting in the winter! He saw dash staring at him, striker chuckling and rangers unsure look at the number of pups, 6 little bundles of... 'joy'. They had 4 females. FOUR. They couldnt keep one alive last time! He licked the un-pigmented skin of Arrow. He stayed with the pups while the rest hunted, Shadow needed a rest from all the pups.

They had ended up naming them:
    The albino/white- Arrow
    Dark (near black) male- Solei
    Grey runt female- Samari
    Grey female- Luna
    Dark grey female- Eclipse
    Black female- Midnight

(a little info on relations between them)- Arrow, Solei, and Midnight became a group, becoming very close, though Arrow hangs out with Cannon a lot of the time. Samari and eclipse are friends, but Samari and Midnight tend to feud at times. Luna prefers to play with Striker, while Solei plays rough with dash and ranger.
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin May 12th 2009, 04:42

By the end of the first day, everyone was exhausted. The pups seemed to have boundless energy, but when the sky turned orange with the falling of the sun, the first yawn came, and the others quickly followed. Shadow remained outside the den after the young pups had gone below ground and sighed contentedly. She could finally relax.

Dash and Ranger were off patrolling the borders. They hadn’t seen or heard from the neighbouring pack for months, but they hadn’t dropped their guard. They would have their pups to feed too, and they had numbers on their side. If they decided to expand into Shadow and Cannons territory it would test their strength as a pack to keep their land.

Striker had had an uncomfortable feeling whenever he went near the border of the two packs for a few nights now. Dash and Ranger had taken over the patrol for him, tonight, leaving him free to follow up on his suspicions. He entered the stream that ran through both territories and waded into the deeper water, swimming into the neighbouring territory.

He crawled out of the stream and kept low. He didn’t want to be caught on someone else’s patch of dirt. He sniffed around and kept low, sneaking towards what he thought was the other packs den. He lifted his head to see over the vegetation. He was right, but was shocked to see only two pups. Both grey, and thin looking.

He moved back towards the stream and managed to slip out unnoticed. He knew if anyone walked near where he had been crouching they would pick up his scent. But he wasn’t too concerned. As he neared the borders, he noticed about five wolves, clearly visible from the other side, watching, and waiting. He picked up the scent of Dash and Ranger and began to paddle faster. After he was clear of the neighbours, he pulled himself from the water for the second time that night and shook himself dry before racing to catch up with the other pair. He was tense when they reached the spot that was being watched, but nothing happened, which had him puzzled. He would have to mention it to Cannon and Shadow in the morning.
    evillyns97
    evillyns97
    Special Member
    Special Member

Registration date : 2009-07-05
    Number of posts : 35
    My Pet : Lion

Post by evillyns97 July 5th 2009, 19:49

Name:Simone
    Colour: black w/ muzzle shot through with red and white tip on tail
    saphire blue eyes
    when she is older she is black with a red u on her forehead and red on top of ears and her tip of her tail is red and her eyes are a twist of black and gold sort of, see pics ...
    (editing for pic purposes)

As i lunged for my kill i noticed another wolf biting on a moose, (oh well) i thought
    and bit down on my prey killing it in one bite, i soon noticed another scent, a rabid scent i growled unintentionally and sprang towards the smell and saw a coyote foaming from the mouth, i saw another wolf next to me, i acknowledged her with a nod and quickly killed the coyote, "are you ok?" i asked the stranger....

Last edited by evillyns97 on July 6th 2009, 18:47; edited 1 time in total
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin July 5th 2009, 23:59

OOC: Hi evillyns Smile Nice to have some company, its been a while.

A few tips for RPG.

- The story tends to flow better if its written in third person. Instead of saying 'I had an uncomfortable feeling', I type 'Striker had an uncomfortable feeling'. There are a lot of NPCs in this thread, and its easier to read if its written from an observatory POV.

- It looks like you've jumped in at the end of the first page? (there are three more after it Smile)

- To make your post a little longer and to develop writing skills, don't just write what your character says. Set the scene. Write what they see, hear, smell, think and feel. How are they reacting to the situation, and why?

If you did miss the other pages, feel free to go back and have a read. I will find a way to write you in tonight and will post below this. Welcome!

Shadow lounged in the shade outside the den. She was enjoying the lazy afternoon. The pups were nearly old enough to join the hunt now, and were practicing patrolling with their uncle and older brothers. All except Arrow, who was still inseparable from his father.

Feeding 11 mouths had been hard on the five adults, but all six pups were doing well. It had been months since they had heard from the dog-pack. Their scent was fading from the area. A journey over the border had discovered they were long gone, allowing Shadow and Cannon to expand their hunting grounds.

Shadow was just beginning to doze when Luna and Eclipse burst into the clearing and started jumping all over her back and tugging on her ears.

“Momma! Momma!” they both said frantically “Uncle Striker sent us to get you! There’s a Stranger near the mooses!”

Shadow groaned and wearily got to her feet. “Go and get your father, he was headed to the deep pool at the second den.” Since expanding their territory they had claimed a second main den. They needed it now the pups were so big, and so many.

She followed the scent the girls had left to find her way to Striker, muttering under her breath as she trotted through the undergrowth.

Striker was entranced as he watched the young female bring down the moose, not noticing the coyote slinking its way toward them or the ‘not right’ smell coming from it, until the other wolf spun gracefully to snap its neck with a resounding crunch.

“Are you ok?” The stranger asked Striker.

He shook playfully to fluff his white fur, the grey blanket patch on his back and rump stubbornly staying flat. “Oh I’m fine!” He said boldly, trying not to sound too stunned by the stranger standing in front of him. She seemed a little taken aback at first. Perhaps she thought I was a girl too… he thought to himself with a slight chuckle. It wouldn’t be the first time…

He could hear Shadow approaching and he suddenly realised the danger this new arrival could be in, panic plain on his face. “Man, you’re gonna be in trouble! Umm, hmm…” He whinned nervously before an idea struck him. “Whatever she says, just say I killed the moose ok? My sister is the pack alpha and most trespassers…” he trailed off, feeling uncomfortable. He was already beginning to like the idea of not being the only member of the pack that wasn’t a kid of the two large black wolves, and this new wolf could clearly become an asset, if they would just give her a chance… The stranger still looked slightly confussed.

Shadow could smell the slain moose now, and Striker. Her hackles rose at the tainted scent wafting through the trees, but the scent underneath was coyote and she new the girls knew the difference between a wolf and one of those. She heard his nervous whine. It wasn’t the sort of noise he would make if the new arrival was threatening him. Perhaps he’s found someone of interest… she thought with a sly grin to herself. She didn’t feel like ripping out throats today.

When Shadow finally came to the clearing she spotted a young female with startling blue eyes. She sat down a short distance, and noticed that Striker was standing very close. He was usually very cautious of strangers. She met his eyes briefly and he flinched. This is very odd indeed. “Are you travelling?” She casually asked the stranger. Perhaps she was looking for a pack. We already have so many bellies to fill… she thought as she watched the strangers movements. But perhaps she could be useful.

While she was waiting for an answer she had already made up her mind. If she asked to stay, Shadow would not run her off, unless Cannon disagreed.

Last edited by becuffin on July 6th 2009, 00:44; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add post under OOC)
    evillyns97
    evillyns97
    Special Member
    Special Member

Post by evillyns97 July 6th 2009, 15:55

"hello' simone said
    her eyes got wide,
    she thought these wolves would easily kill her.
    and she hadnt eaten in weeks this was her first meal.
    and these 2 great wolves were much bigger than her.
    but her hackles rose instinctively
    she looked around and the two wolves were looking at her at what seemed cautiously
    she untensed" "im sorry" she said
    " i was just raised do be aware and ready" she said....
    "im simone" she said
    shadow saw something move behind her it snarled. "move!" she jumped and pushed simone out of the way, it was a coyote a very big one, foaming from the mouth.
    shadow called for cannon and he was there in a split second, striker left them feeling uneasy
    cannon and shadow quickly killled it and started eating snow to get the taste out.
    "alot of rabid coyotes around here huh?" simone asked
    "no until just recently" shadow said
    " oh, well i might as well be on my way" simone said
    "wait..." cannon said
    " its hunting season right now you should stay somewhere as to i mean a pack" he said
    and looked at shadow
    "oh" simone said
    the red around her muzzle grimaced
    "well i would have to ask you shadow" she said
    "of course" shadow said
    "u must be hungary come back to dens for something to eat"
    "den...s?" "yes we had to expand because of our large size"she said as they headed off to the pack area
    evillyns97
    evillyns97
    Special Member
    Special Member

Post by evillyns97 July 6th 2009, 18:43

this is simone as described : (young) Wolf RPG - Page 2 412899 Wolf RPG - Page 2 Senko_Wolf_Red_Black_White_by_tsuyo

this is her as a young adult : (when she meets striker) https://media.photobucket.com/image/black%20wolf/ShadowNightBlade/Rollo-1.jpg?o=23
    (you have to copy and paste the first one)
    i know when she meets striker its kind of a menacing image but thats the closest i could find!!
    srry for 2x posting
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin July 6th 2009, 20:10

OOC: At the top of your last post there should be an edit tab if you want to add more to a previous post Smile
    “A lot of rabid coyotes around here huh?” the new arrival asked nervously.

A bitter grin crossed Shadows face as she drily replied “Not until just recently…”

She could almost smell the fear coming off the young wolf. They were a very large pack, and Shadow and Cannon were large for their kind. They had earned a fierce reputation in the area.

“Oh, well I might as well be on my way…"

Shadow hid her disappointment well. Simone’s comment about being raised to be aware and ready had her interested. She drifted off to her own thoughts as Cannon talked to the young wolf, watching Strikers reactions. He visibly dropped his head in the presence of the alpha pair, but watched Simone in complete fascination. It seemed a life time ago when she first met her mate, leaning against him instinctively she came back to the conversation at hand.

"Well I would have to ask you Shadow" Simone said quietly.

"Of course," Shadow said swinging her large head around to meet Simone’s eyes. She was a fascinating colour, like nothing she had ever seen. Others were shocked at the large number of black wolves in their pack. Well we may as well add another. She thought to herself with a satisfied grin. "You must be hungry, come back to dens for something to eat."

The young wolf looked surprised “den...s?"

"Yes we had to expand. The pups are getting bigger and the boys keep their own, because of our large pack size" Shadow said as she trotted off next to her mate, leading the way to the small clearing by the creek that was their home.

It appeared that Luna and Eclipse hadn’t just stopped at getting Cannon. When they returned, the whole pack was present. Dash, the only grey wolf from Shadows first litter, was wrestling playfully with the albino pup Arrow. His pink eyes were disconcerting to some, but he was generally outgoing and friendly. Ranger, a large black male, and Dash’s litter mate, was watchfully scanning the edges of the clearing, his ears pricked forward as if waiting for the sound of fighting, every muscle tensed to spring into action at a moments notice. He would rival his parents for size once he was a few years older. Solei, the only male besides Arrow in Shadow's latest litter, and the spitting image of his big brother Ranger, sat next to him in the same pose, if a little more fidgety.

Samari, the smallest of the pack, was laying on her back in the sun, tongue lollying out, while Luna was tugging at her ears playfully. Both young females were the same shade of grey, and from a distance, the only way to discriminate between the two was their size. Eclipse watched her two younger sisters disapprovingly. She was darker grey and took things much more seriously than her litter mates. They were nearly old enough to start hunting and thought her siblings should take themselves more seriously, thinking that if they did their parents would take them out sooner. Midnight, the only other black female besides Shadow was the first to notice their return and raced over to greet her mother, stopping short when she caught the scent of Simone, backing up uncertainly.

Midnights reaction caught the attention of the rest of the pack who all stood up attentively, ears forward, eyes questioning. Shadow greeted each of her children then collapsed back into the comfortable position she had been in before her daughters had interrupted her rest.

“This is Simone.” She said gesturing towards the new arrival. “She will be staying with us for as long as she wants.” Shadow yawned and rested her head on her paws as the other wolves crowded around to familiarise themselves with her scent and to introduce themselves.

Striker hung back after the formalities were over and the rest of the pack had returned to their previous activities, Dash, Ranger and Arrow volunteering for a patrol. He was nervous.

“So…” he said, his voice squeaking a little with nerves, “Wannahuntwivme?” he realised he was talking to fast and running his words together so he took a breath and slowed down. “The pack won’t leave for big game until later this afternoon so if you want a rabbit or three, I can show you to the warren? Or if you’re tired you can sleep in my den? I’m the only one that has one all to myself…” he waited nervously for her answer but it was her stomach grumbling rather than words that answered his question. He laughed and replied, “I’ll take that as food?” Now that he looked closer, and could compare her to his pack mates, he realised just how thin she was.

He led the way to the rabbit warren and expertly captured a fat buck within seconds, carrying it over to Simone and nudging it towards her with his nose. He would wait until the hunt later in the afternoon to eat. The pups wouldn’t come with them tonight, but they would in the next few days. He remembered the last disaster of the last litter when there were only three, all too well and wanted to be well fed before the event. “So where are you from? And why don’t you have a pack?”
    evillyns97
    evillyns97
    Special Member
    Special Member

Post by evillyns97 July 6th 2009, 20:30

Plz Visit my rpg here: http://www.zootycoonparadise.com/rpg-s-f21/tiger-rpg-t987.htm#8919
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------" Oh umm its not something i prefer to talk about" simone said with more emotion than striker expected
    "im sorry its just...." she brok off and started again
    "Anyway what about you?"
    "ive always heard that this pack was just built up by three wolves you,shadow and cannon"
    "whats the story behind that? because thats why i came here for exceptance" she said
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin July 8th 2009, 02:32

Acceptance… Striker thought to himself with a slight grin. Since the incident with Maia, large pack had been known for anything but…

He was even more shocked to hear himself named with the founders of the pack. “How word travels…” He said with a barking laugh. “No, by the time I got here, Shadow and Cannon had already had pups, and run off Cannon's old pack who were after him to be their alpha. They wanted him to leave Shadow and the pups behind.” He stopped for a moment to catch another rabbit.

“Shadow’s my big sister, she decided to leave while I was still a pup. She was the only one that survived out of her litter. Everyone was shocked when she was born, there hadn’t been a black wolf in the pack since our grandparents time. Some of the older wolves took it as a bad omen, one of her siblings fell through the ice, another was attacked by a rabid bear… weird stuff kept happening. The snow was deeper, there were less caribou on the tundra and she wasn’t exactly the ideal colour for the environment anyway. Hunting in the open was harder once she started, she could be spotted a mile off.” He trailed off, unsure if he should be telling her this… “She does so much better in this…and now I’m the disadvantaged one.” He said gesturing towards the thick woods with a wolfie grin.

“Anyway, as soon a she was old enough she left, and found Cannon. I could only imagine how shocked she was to see another black wolf. Our old pack was mostly white and grey. Like me!” he added with a grin. “It was a total coincidence I found her at all. Our older brother took over the pack, his mate is a nasty piece of work. She ran me off. So I wandered, looking for a home because I couldn’t survive on my own, I wasn’t much older than Dash and Ranger are now, they were last years pups. I picked up her scent near some carcasses on the border, which I later found out were Cannon's former pack. You'd think I'd take a pile of dead wolves as a sign, not me! Blindly wandering onto another packs ground could have been disastrous… I guess I was just lucky it was Shadow at the creek and not Cannon.”

Striker cocked his head to one side as he listened carefully, then pranced out of the way as Eclipse came hurdling out of the bushes behind him. He spun and playfully clouted the young pup over the head, nipping at her hind legs as she attempted to spin around to face him. “Not yet kiddo, still not patient enough.”

Eclipse dropped to the ground, looking at the two grown ups woefully. “I’ll never get it right.”

Striker laughed and sat down. She very nearly had me that time… he thought to himself quietly.
    evillyns97
    evillyns97
    Special Member
    Special Member

Post by evillyns97 July 8th 2009, 19:35

where is evrybody?!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few days later at the creekside simone and striker are talking,they seem to be bonding quickly
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "so....."simone said
    "Cannon seems plesant enough..." she said
    "Well, he is to me.... now" he said
    "now?" she asked
    "he wasnt so happy when i showed up, he didnt even want me even near the pups" he said
    "oh, do you think?...." she broke off
    "no, not really cannon just doesnt take well to new stranger males" he said
    "especially near his and shadows pups" he continued
    "yes i see how it would be difficult to let a stranger near your pups" she said turning her eyes to the ground and..... frowning......quivering? what is wrong with her?whatshould i do? striker thought shocked.
    Shes crying...... he thought sadly
    what did i do? he grimaced
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin November 30th 2009, 07:09

OOC: Sorry it’s been a while. I just didn't know how to respond. Please don't type just as speech and please don't post for other characters. It gets a bit confusing! Very Happy

As mentioned before - The story tends to flow better if it’s written in third person. Instead of saying 'I had an uncomfortable feeling', I type 'Striker had an uncomfortable feeling'. There are a lot of NPCs in this thread, and it’s easier to read if its written from an observatory POV.

Don't just write what your character says. Set the scene. Write what they see, hear, smell, think and feel. How are they reacting to the situation, and why?

If you read the other posts you will get what I mean. Copy and paste the previous post into a word document if you get stuck, and work on it over a few days, you don’t have to reply straight away.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The crying young female made him uncomfortable. She had begun to remind him of Maia. It hurt to think of the poor young female. She hadn’t lived for long, but he understood why Shadow and Cannon had cast her out. Pack law was there for a reason.

Wanting to change the subject and stop her crying he quickly jumped up. “Hey, let’s go see the pups…Arrow will be with Cannon and Solei will be with Dash and Ranger, but Samari, Luna and Midnight are in desperate need of hunting practice. Eclipse has been working her butt off to get as good as she is…” she was now regularly bursting out of bushes and tackling her uncle to the ground, and was the only wolf in the pack that could run as fast as her mother. She was almost always with Shadow these days, or practicing fighting with Arrow. The other three spent most of their days lazing about and with winter fast approaching; if they didn’t get their skills up they would go hungry. He knew the pack wouldn’t share with those that didn’t contribute to the hunt without a good excuse.

He began to wander off and gave Simone a moment to herself. She quickly caught up to him as he was approaching the sunny clearing where the pups usually dozed. He dropped down to stalk forward and gave Simone a mischievous glance before bounding into the clearing and jumping on the three lazy pups individually and darting back into the woods on the other side, all three groaned and sat up, glaring in the direction their uncle had disappeared.

“I wish he’d stop doing that…” Midnight groaned before flopping back to the ground. “’Ee wants us to chase him…” Solei commented with a yawn. Luna reluctantly stretched and commented to the other two “Well I’m hungry and if Uncle Striker wants us to practice hunting, I’m going to see where he’s gone…Mother told us if we can’t help hunt when the snows get here we’ll go hungry, and I don’t like being hungry.”

By the time she had finished, Striker had circled back around to Simone and looked at her wagging his tail a little. He was really beginning to enjoy her company. “Lets go and see if we can get these other two lazy ones up…” He trotted back into the clearing with Simone in tow and sat. “That’s right. Your big sister Maia couldn’t hunt and there were lots of times she had to go hungry…and that was when there were only six of us, now there are twelve, how long do you think you will last if you can’t help hunt?”
    evillyns97
    evillyns97
    Special Member
    Special Member

Post by evillyns97 January 10th 2010, 19:47

"I can help help hunt i just um dont have stealth" simone said
    She looked around sensing one of the pups already darting at her and just when the pup jumped she jumped over it and landed on all four legs turning to find the pup plop down on its bottom.She laughed.
    "striker is there something bothering you?" she asked in a friendly(very) tone.
    Blinking her large pretty eyes fastly.
    she thought "bad simone!no flirting!" but she liked striker alot and couldnt help it.
    evillyns97
    evillyns97
    Special Member
    Special Member

Post by evillyns97 March 28th 2010, 21:19

((hello??))
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin February 9th 2011, 20:34

OOC: Sorry Evs! Been through a bit of drama. Will see if we can get this going again!
    ----------------------------------------------
    Striker looked at the new wolf out of the corner of his eye. He thought she might be trying to flirt with him but then convinced himself he was being silly. What would she want with a bottom rung wolf like you? he thought to himself.

Perking up, he grinned and said "Stealth isn't really needed for a herder...you just run at it and chase it towards the rest of the pack, and they'll bring it down. You're still young, you can learn to be stealthy."

He noticed the three young cubs were also listening to him intently. "I think you're big enough now to leave the rabbits alone. I think I smelled some small deer in the eastern clearing yesterday...we could wander down and check it out? It'll give you guys a chance to practice ambushing!" He knew the rest of the pack were already hunting. Cannon had taken him aside the night before and told him the plan to split the pack for hunting trips until the rest of the pups were a bit more practiced at hunting. He also knew if they waited until they were sent for, there would be next to nothing left for them to eat. It couldn't hurt to take the new wolf and pups on a training trip...and if they managed to bring down a deer, they would be full and gaining valuable experience.
    Kike
    Kike
    Special Member
    Special Member

Registration date : 2011-03-11
    Number of posts : 54
    Aries Rat
    My Pet : Owl

Post by Kike March 11th 2011, 09:08

Name: Blood
    Colour: Dark Reddish (coat looks blood stained)
    -------------------------------------------------------

The night sky was dark, almost pitch black, the clouds covered most of the stars. Blood, a lone wolf, wondered through unknown territory for endless days. She lipmed along the snow covered ground, her hind leg stung with pain and she winced as it dragged along the ground.
    Her mind kepted racing back to the fight between her pack. The snarling of her family when they found out what she'd done, their teeth tearing at her flesh. She had to turn around and bite her tail to stop the flashbacks and keep her mind on what was to come.
    A strong wing buffed her off her feet and she fell, rolling down a small slope. A fierce pain stabbed at her leg, it was like she was being bitting by many wolves, their teeth scrapping at her bones.
    She turn around and lapped at the wound on her leg, the stale taste of dried blood ran along her tongue. The coppery taste made her feeling queezy and she layed her head in the freezing snow.
    Feeling to open and vunerable, she pulled herself up and looked around the frozen land. Spotting a clup of swisted shrubs, she hobbled over there and made a small temparory den. She closed her eyes and was soon pulled into an uneasy sleep of dreams.
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin March 11th 2011, 09:22

Ranger and Dash were patrolling on their own more often now. Shadow and Cannon were keeping to themselves and Striker was preoccupied with Simone. Their younger siblings were learning to hunt and it was nearly time for the boys to try and find mates of their own. Usually Solei would accompany them on patrol, but today was with his sisters and albino brother Arrow. The pups were having their first hunt. Ranger had grown to be a large black wolf, only slightly smaller than his father, and Dash was grey and slightly slimmer. While Ranger was extremely serious, Dash was more laid back. They were on the northern border when they caught the scent of a strange wolf, and blood.

They followed their noses to a low twisted shrub and Ranger stood back. If it was a stranger who had come to harm the pack he would teach them a lesson... Dash on the other hand stuck his nose right in. Ranger watched as his brothers tail began to wag and called him a fool. "She's pretty hurt Range..." Dash told his brother. "It's ok, you can come out...we won't hurt you. Where's your pack?"
    Kike
    Kike
    Special Member
    Special Member

Aries Rat

Post by Kike March 12th 2011, 06:14

Blood shrunk back, edging away from the wolves she could see standing just outside the makeshift den. By the smell of them they belonged to a pack. Her blood red fur bristled as one of the wolves poked his head in, she was caught unwares by the familiarity of the wolf. He was the same colour as her brother, Stream. She shook herself, her ears laying flat against her head and she lifted her lip revealing sharp long curved fangs and snarled. Her leg lay at a weird angle and she could smell fresh blood dripping down her leg as the wound started opening up again. She cursed herself for damaging it even more, she'd already lost enough blood and couldn't take the rist of loosing any more.
    Her ears slowly pricked as the wolf spoke. "She's pretty hurt Range..." He told the wolf standing outside and turned to look at her. "It's ok, you can come out...we won't hurt you. Where's your pack?"
    She growled at him. "How do i know you wont hurt me?" She relaxed, siting down but careful not to hurt her leg any more and looked at her paws, her ears flattening in shame. "I don't have a pack and you don't want to know me, wolves always seem to get hurt when i'm around..." She didn't get the chance to finish, because suddenly she fell to the ground as blackness blinded her vision.
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin March 12th 2011, 07:14

Dash was worried when the strange red female collapsed. She was in worse shape than he thought. "We have to get her home Range, that bear is still around..." They had been keeping an eye on a bear on their border. He wasn't causing them any problems so they left him alone, but Dash really couldn't see him passing up an opportunity like the one this female was offering. Dash wandered off and came back with a small tree that had been knocked over by a moose. It had two branches near the trunk that could create and improvised harness, and there were enough smaller branches and leaves at the bottom to cushion the rocks and dints on the way back to the den. "Help me out here bro..." he gave Ranger a disapproving look. "Fine." his large black brother replied. "But you're explaining her to mum and dad..."

Dash and Ranger worked together, being very careful of her injured leg and each took up a place on either side of the sturdy trunk. They bit into the branch and began to pull, dragging her back to the den. When they entered the clearing the rest of the pack had returned from their hunt. They had been successful surprisingly and the pups were praising each other on their efforts, racing up to their brothers to give a blow by blow account but they stopped suddenly when they caught the scent of the strange wolf. Dash and Ranger dragged the leafy litter down to the creek that ran past the front of their den. Shadow was looking at her boys questioningly but didn't push the issue. There would be time for questions later, for which Dash was grateful. He stepped into the creek and began to gently splash the stranger in an attempt to wake her up. Ranger sniffed at her leg, it only appeared to be flesh damage, not nearly as severe as Maia's had been. She shouldn't have any lasting damage. We couldn't handle another one of those... Dash left her for a moment and returned with a fresh rabbit. He continued to splash her and when she finally came around Dash told her "We're pretty capable of looking after ourselves..." gesturing to Shadow and Cannon, the imposing alpha pair, they were the largest wolves in the area and had survived every challenge thrown at them, including a large hostile pack coming after them when they were the whole pack. He looked to Striker, Shadow's little brother who stumbled across Shadow and Cannon after his older brother kicked him out. Simone, the newest addition to the pack and then his brother Ranger, nearly as large as their parents and just as black...and then there were the six pups, who were really closer to being teenagers now that they had just finished their first hunt. Arrow, the albino boy, with a pink nose and red eyes, Solei, a lighter shade of black than Ranger, but already proving one day he would be just as serious, and the girls, two greys, Samari and Luna, Eclipse the darkest grey female, and Midnight, who was the spitting image of Maia. There were twelve wolves in the clearing including himself. He really hoped this strange red female would stay. "I'm Dash. Here, eat something. You need to get your strength up. Whats your name?"
    Kike
    Kike
    Special Member
    Special Member

Aries Rat

Post by Kike March 12th 2011, 07:37

Blood looked around at the wolves standing before her and then at the rabbit that had been given to her. She sniffed at it carefully and finished it within a few quick gulps. Feeling full and less scared she tried getting up to face the strange pack, but whinced as her leg gave way, so she settled for sitting instead. She truned her attention to the grey male who called himself Dash and smiled a little. "I'm Blood. Thanks for the rabbit." Dash nodded and she twisted her head around to look at the supposed Alpha pair and dipped her head respectfully. She remembered her mother, Rose a light brown wolf tinged with red and her father, Bone a white wolf with stunning blue eyes.
    Sitting there with other wolves around her made her feel safe for the first time since she had been driven away. She liked it and hoped the Alpha pair would let her stay.
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin March 12th 2011, 07:55

Shadow wandered over as the new female was eating her rabbit and heard her introduce herself. "Blood seems to be a fitting name..." She said with a small grin, noting with some worry the injured leg. It was fresh she was sure. "You are welcome to stay with our pack for as long as you wish." She looked at her oldest sons and gave Dash a knowing smile before wandering back to Cannon. Hearing what their mother had said, the juvenile girls raced over to introduce themselves, while Arrow and Solei kept a respectful distance and waited for their sisters to stop fussing before politely introducing themselves. Ranger kept his introduction to a simple "Ranger" with a nod and he wandered off to sit by his parents. Dash eventually shooed the teenagers away and sat next to Blood smiling. "So how did you get so hurt? It wasn't that grumpy ol' bear near where you were holed up was it? If it was, we'll chase him off if it'll make you feel better..."
    Kike
    Kike
    Special Member
    Special Member

Aries Rat

Post by Kike March 12th 2011, 08:17

Blood felt over whelmed by the young females swarming over her and asking her questions. She suddenly felt part of the pack. She liked the juvenile females enthusiasm. When Ranger introduced himself short and sharp she couldnt help but watch as he sat beside the Alpha pair. She quickly turned her head as Dash shooed away the females and sat beside her. She waited patiently for what she knew would come. Questions. She looked up to the sky. "No it wasn't a bear. My mother just never trusted me for some reason and when one of her sisters went missing she blaimed me for it. A few days later i was on patrol with my father when we found her body. She was long dead, but the bites marks on her neck told my father that a wolf did it and when we told my mother what happened...well she didn't like it one bit and needed someone to blaim for her sisters death." She closed her eyes and sighed. Opening her eyes she turned her head to look at Dash. "She blaimed me for it and the pack drove me out. Thats how i got this." She pointed to the deep gash on her leg.
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin March 12th 2011, 08:43

Dash was saddened by the story. "I..uh..had a sister. In my litter. She was attacked when she was about their age..." he said indicating to the girls. "She ended up lame, couldn't help hunt then she mated with a dog cross, without our parents permission. It was a hard winter and she wouldn't follow the rules so father kicked her out...She didn't even make it out of our territory. He just watched the bear attack her, watched her die without a care in the world...he didn't love her..." He remembered the shaking and the feeling of the life draining from the other males body. The rattling sound as he tried to draw another breath but couldn't get air past Dash's strong jaws clamped tight around his throat. It had been slow, and painful...and he had deserved every second of it. "It's ok. That little scratch will heal. Just think, if she didn't run you off you never would have met someone as awesome as me." He joked playfully, shaking to fluff up his fur. Striker was rolling his eyes at the young wolf who had pretty much shadowed him from the day he left the den. His brother and sister had been black like their parents, so having his almost white grey uncle around had helped to make him feel less left out. Dash couldn't wait until Blood was well enough that he could show her around...the girls seemed fascinated with the newest edition to the pack, now that they had grown used to Simone, and he knew they would likely shadow their every step for a while but he didn't mind so much. They weren't exactly pups anymore and there were a lot of lessons to learn before winter properly set in.
    Kike
    Kike
    Special Member
    Special Member

Aries Rat

Post by Kike March 12th 2011, 08:57

Blood listened silently as Dash told his story, she lowered her emerald green eyes and felt for Dash. She was lucky she had escaped with just a scratch and nothing worse. She couldn't even begin to feel the pain he must have felt and licked his ears. She lightened up when she saw him joking around and she liked it. "Well its a good thing i was driven out, even if it was costly." She looked around at the wolves and her eyes came to rest on the younger females. They were playfighting and Blood couldn't wait to get out in the open again and run. She sighed whistfully and layed her head on her paws, enjoying the company of Dash beside her.
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin March 13th 2011, 00:56

OOC: Ok, skipping forward a few weeks. Can't do much if you can't walk Smile

------------------------------------------------------------

Dash was glad that Bloods leg had healed well. He had forced her to take it easy and Shadow had backed him up. Snow had fallen over night, the first of the winter and Dash was excited. Shadow had told him to let Blood know she was giving her permission to run again.

He pranced up to the den he had been sharing with her, simply because there was plenty of room but he hated being away from her for long. He had been pestering his mother for days to let her run, but Shadow was erring on the side of caution. She didn't want Blood to cause herself any long term damage. "Blood!" Dash called excitedly. "Shadow says you can run today!" He could see the excitement on her face. "Lets go!" he was dancing excitedly from side to side. "Quickly, before the girls find out!"
    Kike
    Kike
    Special Member
    Special Member

Aries Rat

Post by Kike March 13th 2011, 02:10

Blood leaped with joy when Dash had told her Shadow was allowing her to run. She trotted out of the den her and Dash had been sharing while she was taking it easy and they made their way down to the river. They sat by the edge of the river and Blood rested her head on Dash's shoulder. The sun shone through the branches over head, warming her fur when she jumped up, her tail waging with excitement. The wind carried with it the scent of deer and she looked over at Dash, who was smiling with joy. Blood raced up stream with Dash at her heels. She felt glad to finally be running again, but soon she became tired and had to slow down to a trot. They continued a little further along the river, when she saw a lone deer and her fawn. Dash nodded to her and she circled around behind the deer an crouched low to the ground. As one they moved in on the fawn and brought it down. Dash snapped its neck and its head dropped to the ground. Dash let Blood eat first just like she had seen Cannon doing for Shadow, when she looked up she saw Dash keeping a look out and asked "you going to have some?" he smiled and ate some of the deer. Once they had eaten their fill Blood layed down next to Dash and sighed in the weak morning sun. "Todays going to be perfect"
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin March 14th 2011, 00:52

It is... Thought Dash with a smile. He was beginning to worry about about Ranger though. With Striker so preoccupied with Simone and him taking care of Blood, his brother seemed restless...Dash promised himself he would put time aside for his brother tomorrow...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Striker felt restless. Everyone else was pairing off and doing their own thing. His mother knew something was up. He could see the knowing look she gave him. It's now or never... He didn't want to say goodbye, he didn't want to have to explain himself to anyone.

He got up and stretched, leaving the clearing as if it was just another day. Shadow got up and followed him. They walked in silence until they came to the border and he sat, staring out into the unknown.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"You will always be welcome here" Shadow said to her son, her voice tinged with sadness. She knew this day would come eventually, she had been there herself, only two short years ago. She knew her son was destined for big things. She knew he wouldn't want to say goodbye to his father, who had been a little preoccupied with Arrow recently. "Until we meet again...Mother." Her first and largest son said. He looks so much like his father... She remained at the border until he was gone from sight then turned and returned to her den. She hoped the world would be kind to him.
    Kike
    Kike
    Special Member
    Special Member

Aries Rat

Post by Kike March 14th 2011, 08:03

Later that afternoon Blood walked out into the woods. She was sad when she found out Ranger had left, she didn't even get the chance to learn much about him, only the short comment here and there from him. Dash was off somewhere and she wanted some time to think. When she was a pup she would often spend her days alone simply becuase the pak would leave her out of every thing. Back when she was young she had had pale red fur tinged with white, this didn't bother the pack as much as it had when she doubled in size and her fur took on more of a deep blood red. She still remembered the day when Rose kicked her out of hunting.

The morning was chilly, and snow had fallen over night, leaving the ground in a thick white blanket. She had woken earlier tham she normally did, excitement running through her, today was the her first real hunt with her brother and sister. Most of the times they would practise on each other or on rabbits they father had brought back, but today they would be hunting prey with beating hearts. She spotted Rose sitting with her sister Night, she had a pale black coat with white flecks. She trotted over to Rose and Night asking when they would be leaving. But Rose turned around and saying she couldn't go "I'm sorry Flower, but you would be spotted a mile away with that fur colour. Your father and i have decided you will not be joining us." She argued with her mother until Bone, her aggressive and arogant father, overheard them and put in his bit "Rose is right and besides you look more like a wolf thats just been in a fight with that blood coloured fur." They just left her there, sitting alone as she always had.

She sat staring after her pack, none of them had stood up for her. she flicked her tail in anger and growled, she look around her at the steadily falling snow and came up with an idea. She droped down and rolled in the snow, standing up to instpect herself she saw a thin layer of the soft wet stuff covering her. Smiling and determind to show her pack what she could do, she followed them.

It wasn't long before she had found them, they were tracking a herd of elk and she could easily pick out the old sickly looking female they would go for. So she slunk quietly around the herd knowing her pack would not see her but careful not to spook the elk until she was in front of them.

The pack went for it, howling and barking at the elk, seperrating the sick female from the herd. It was heading straight for her hiding spot, she waited a little bit long and saw her chance. Swiftly running over the rock she had been hiding behind, she lunched herselfat the elk's throat and brought it down. The pack had stopped dead in there tracks, apparently they didn't relise it was her so they started growling and snarling at her. She rolled her eyes and made sure the elk was dead before standing up and shaking her fur. The snow fell to the ground and her mother stepped towards her shoked that she had bought the elk down with no help at all. Her father on ther other hand as boiling with rage and lunged himself at her leaving behind what would become an ugly scare on her belly. After that she renamed herself Blood, only because that what the pack saw her as.

To busy dealing with the past she hadn't relised she'd come to the edge of the packs territory and was almost about to step onto another pack's territory. She looked up and stopped dead, her ears flattening and lip lifting in the beginings of a snarl. It was her sister Ice and her brother Stream. Ice stepped forward "Rose found out it was another pack and not you who killed Night. She wants you to come back."
    becuffin
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Aquarius Cat

Post by becuffin March 15th 2011, 08:43

Shadow liked the new female. She had known what it was like to be the odd one out. She had been seen as a bad omen by her own pack but was the only one of her litter to survive. She felt a familiar tingling and it raised her hackles. She didn't know if it was a distant scent on the breeze or some other sense she had developed over the last two years of drama and conflict she and her mate had endured but it felt like a storm. A big one. She picked up Blood's scent leading away from the den. Dash had returned without her, but had managed to collect Arrow and Solei along the way. She only had to look at her sons and they fell in behind her. Cannon was attempting to improve the girls hunting skills and was on the other side of their territory. No time to send one of the boys with a message.

Shadow saw Blood standing defensively, teeth exposed. Dash darted past her to stand by Blood's side protectively and Shadow slowly and calmly walked from the trees, flanked by her albino son Arrow, his pink eyes glinting in the dappled light and Solei, almost a blacker shade of grey, shorter and stockier than the rest of his siblings he was more muscled than his leaner brothers and had been wrestling his older siblings and winning of late. Shadows hackles were still raised, making her appear even larger. She didn't like strange packs so close to her land. She heard the stranger say "She wants you to come back." and she looked to Blood confidently.

"Do you want to go back Blood? You are welcome to leave." But we may not be so welcoming the next time you return if you do... was left unsaid but Shadow was sure the message was clear. Blood's leaving would no doubt hurt Dash, and as a mother the last thing she wanted to see was her son in pain. She had already lost one of them. She hoped her pack had made the intriguing coloured female feel welcome and accepted enough for her to choose to stay with them. But it wasn't her place to intervene. The strangers didn't realise they weren't even facing half the pack but if they chose to cause trouble, it would be with all of them, and they were no strangers to pack wars.

Last edited by becuffin on March 20th 2011, 23:03; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ugh sorry, wires crossed LOL)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 19th 2024, 02:34